rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
revlob

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

For those thinking of getting 2. You have to get the expansion, it just makes the game and means you don't have to play in 640 480 elevating it to the illustrious heights of 800 600.

For those thinking of getting 2. You have to get the expansion, it just makes the game and means you don't have to play in 640 480 elevating it to the illustrious heights of 800 600.

Cheers for the heads up - I have a physical copy of Diablo 2 though I never got round to grabbing the expansion. Is it available for download from any Blizzard-type online store?

Cheers for the heads up - I have a physical copy of Diablo 2 though I never got round to grabbing the expansion. Is it available for download from any Blizzard-type online store?

Yes.

I can't get the thing working on my Mac :wub:

Crashes as soon as I click on load... No options, no nothing, just Crasssshhhhh

Doesn't seem to be any work arounds on the net either. Patched the poor bugger right up to date too.

Yes.

I can't get the thing working on my Mac :wub:

Doesn't seem to be any work arounds on the net either. Patched the poor bugger right up to date too.

Well, I've never really played any of the Diablo games, bar a few hours on the first game. I've always liked the concept, this new one looks veeeeery interesting :D Am about to start Diablo 2 tonight actually, should be fun :lol:

I started it up a couple of days ago - I had a copy kicking around but had never really bothered to try it out properly.

It's ace. Really, really excellent and has aged very well indeed.

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd just like to voice my approval for both the CGI trailer and in-game footage. It looks absolutely terrific, and Blizzard seem to do 'reveals' orders of magnitude better than anyone else. There's no "here it is; I mean, it's a bit rough around the edges and this, this and this are all placeholders but - trust me - it's going to be awesome", and instead you have "here it is; it's already amazing and it's going to get better before we let you have it."

I know which method best stokes my anticipation-fires.

we're all fucking getting it.

:lol:

we're all fucking getting it.

And how.

I actually started pricing up parts for a new-build PC last night in anticipation. It helps that this one overheated while I was trying to play Peggle, but a new Diablo is enough incentive on its own.

I actually started pricing up parts for a new-build PC last night in anticipation. It helps that this one overheated while I was trying to play Peggle, but a new Diablo is enough incentive on its own.

Me too. :lol: I'm actually going to have to upgrade my PC - this is about the only game I would have ever considering doing this for.

I wonder how the interactive environment stuff is going to work with the randomly-generated-ness. Will there be whole pre-built levels interspersed amongst the random levels? Or will the pre-built sections just be 'rooms' inside otherwise wholy randomly generated levels?

I wonder how the interactive environment stuff is going to work with the randomly-generated-ness. Will there be whole pre-built levels interspersed amongst the random levels? Or will the pre-built sections just be 'rooms' inside otherwise wholy randomly generated levels?

What a mind fuck sentence. :lol:

I can't get the thing working on my Mac :lol:

When you run your Diablo II shortcut does it not give you the splash screen with the options on it? Whenever I run mine the first thing I get before anything starts up is this:

Picture3.png

If you change any of the settings it wont load at all from there, though.

I wonder how many people have restarted Diablo 2 again/for the first time after D3's announcement. :lol:

I tried going back to Diablo 2 about a year ago, and found it really hard. I guess I have just been spoiled by Dungeon Siege, which, until Diablo 3 was announced I considered to be the successor to the Diablo series. I am sure I won't have any trouble getting back into it when the game is released, but trying to start a new character in D2 when I put so many hours into a character I have now lost seemed daunting to me.

When you run your Diablo II shortcut does it not give you the splash screen with the options on it? Whenever I run mine the first thing I get before anything starts up is this:

:lol: Will the original (big box releases) work on a macbook or is the newer versions that you can buy now that are mac compatible?

And to answer Mr.Jeff's question, I may be playing it through again sometime in the next couple days... depending on whether or not I can find anyone else to play with. I've played it through about 4 times now though so its going to have to be to help out others who haven't played it yet.

I started it up a couple of days ago - I had a copy kicking around but had never really bothered to try it out properly.

It's ace. Really, really excellent and has aged very well indeed.

Aye, I'm actually really enjoying it - this music brings back so many memories of playing the start of the first game! :lol:

Not sure where I'm supposed to be heading next, am doing a quest but have no idea where the location it mentions is.. Ah well, I'm having fun smashing stuff anyways :D

Ooooh! And I like the pseudo 3D effect they've got here, freaks my eyes out frequently.

There's only so many times you can grind through that random dungeon trying to find your way to the boss too. They should just build the map into the thing and stop people using maphack.

Up till 3 in the morning (after starting at 11) to get through the last dungeon of Act I. So ridiculously large. Being the completist I am though I have to explore it all. Then there's all the loot which I feel compelled to pick up and sell meaning lots of trips back to town. Still, 250,000 gold means I'm well off for now. :lol:

Being a necromancer's well fun though. Wish I'd gotten round to playing this sooner.

Given folk are pricing up PCs and stuff, when we do think this will be out? I was tempted to say later some time in 2009, but someone who went to WWI even suggested 2010/11, which is surely too long.

I'm going to have to pick a copy of this up though I suspect the price of this second-hand will be going up now :lol:.

Amazon are doing D2+expansion for £18 which seems a tad overpriced for a game that's the best part of 10 years old.

I gues 'borrowing' a copy wouldn't really work would it?

Given folk are pricing up PCs and stuff, when we do think this will be out? I was tempted to say later some time in 2009, but someone who went to WWI even suggested 2010/11, which is surely too long.

Depends on how long it's been in development. With Starcraft 2 and a new WoW expansion due I would imagine after those, so a while off.

I gues 'borrowing' a copy wouldn't really work would it?

Not if you want to play it online - although the CD copy protection has been removed by the latest patch, so you could probably play it single-player.

Depends on how long it's been in development. With Starcraft 2 and a new WoW expansion due I would imagine after those, so a while off.

It took them 3 years to release Diablo II - and that was when there was no Starcraft 2 or WoW.

So go figure... :lol:

What a mind fuck sentence. :(

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear.

We saw in the gameplay demo more than one segment featuring scripted event; moments like when the barbarian knocked down a large wall onto a group of zombies, or the player notices the boss moving around in the background. Diablo has traditionally been about randomly-generated areas, which make the game feel fresh every time you play it. I'm sure Diablo III will feature plenty of randomly-generated environments, I was just wondering how much of a part these scripted segments will play.