Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

Jesus, watched the gameplay video all the way through. Boss fights look fun.

I didn't notice any group bars, I think we can assume there's no healers then?

Diablo I and II were somewhat different from traditional co-op RPGs. You had to look after yourself, because everyone was a damage-dealing class.

I might be really overreaching here but is there any inkling if this will come out for the Mac? Only I'm moving in with several fellow geeks in September and the prospect of networked Mac/PC Co-op shenanigans has me a little moist.

I might be really overreaching here but is there any inkling if this will come out for the Mac? Only I'm moving in with several fellow geeks in September and the prospect of networked Mac/PC Co-op shenanigans has me a little moist.

If not just install XP on it!

There's a blizzard official FAQ which confirms a Mac/PC all in one release as always. Yay Blizzard! Showing other devs how it should be done.

Of course my 1st gen mbp would probably just melt if it tried to run that game but maybe it will scale well.

Not at all overreaching - As confirmed in the FAQ in the site:

Will Diablo III be available on Windows and Mac simultaneously?

Yes. As with all of Blizzard Entertainment's recent releases, Diablo III will ship for both Windows and Mac simultaneously.

So looking forward to this now - even to the point that I'm rooting through my room to find where the heck I have placed my LoD disc so I can install/play the damn game again ;/

Blizzard ALWAYS release their games with dual Windows/OS X operation.

Just one of the reasons they're the BEST GUYS IN THE WORLD.

So, do I need to play both Diablo games lore-wise? Or just Diablo II?

There's actually a lore section on the website, which has all of the cinematics from Diablo II and its expansion. That should be all the lore you need.

How is everyone watching the gameplay video so fast? I tried clicking the "Watch Now" link and I got a blank screen. So I am now trying to download it via their client / bittorrent thing, but without being able to specify a port which it can use I think it will be pretty slow going. ;)

* EDIT - Ignore, I just tried the watch now link again and its working ;)

IMO Blizzard have the best game artists in the west. There are very few companies that can come close to the concepts, design and front end movie CG that they do. Utterly gay for it, me.

do Blizzard do their own in-house cinematics or are they outsourced to someone like say, Blur Studios? Cos they are top quality.