rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
revlob

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

All I've been doing is trying to sift out the saner theories from the plankton of the interwebs. Today? There's not much. People are photoshopping the image to hell and back to see if any hidden detail appears, apparently not realising that if they didn't see a hint to today's image in yesterday's, they won't see anything new in this one. They're also superimposing pretty much anything with eyes into the hole in the middle. Haven't seen a good one of those yet but my boss is highly amused by the lengths people are going to.

The rune's most probably a Viking Compass. Another nod to the Lost Vikings, perhaps?

Speculation level: intense.

There is no way it can be anything other than wow right? It looks like the outline of Arthas in the centre.

Still hoping for some kind of Diablo announcement though

There is no way it can be anything other than wow right? It looks like the outline of Arthas in the centre.

Still hoping for some kind of Diablo announcement though

Thing is, why do something like this for an already announced product. It's only going to lead to disappointment if it's for Wrath of the Lich King.

The only other thing that's been talked about in the past is a proper graphical update to WOW so that it's back in the running with AOC and other DX10 titles.

I can't see Warcraft IV being anounced as it's too close a product to Starcraft, Diablo does make sense it won't tread on the toes of wow or starcraft...

I suppose even a knew IP would be weird to announce that way to. It would be like watching a who-done-it murder movie only to find out the killer is someone that you've never seen or heard of.

I see that they're also looking for mobile developers too? is that to access the wow armory from anywhere, or are they thinking of expanding some of the aspects of WOW onto mobile, maybe crafting and auctioning.

What ever it is, it's working I suppose, we're all thinking about it.

I'd like that. I hate mmorpgs, and am shit at rts'es, but I really like the fleshed out world and story of warcraft (even though it is just saturday morning Lord of the Rings)

I think they have made it deliberatly ambiguous, putting little pointers of each of their main franchises into the pictures. Just to annoy the interweb.

I doubt its a graphical update, the stuff they would likely put into the game would be so minimal (proper shadows etc..) no one would care. I'm going to hedge my bets on WotLK intro being shown.

What if it's Diablo but takes place in the Warcraft world?

Dungeon crawler with WoW races/characters or something?

I'm not convinced, as nice as that would be for some WoW players I miss the days of multiplayer PC RPGs with a beginning and end. I'm rooting for Diablo 3.

Guys, I just heard. It's a Diablo beat 'em up featuring characters from their other franchises.

- Olaf unlocked through DS to Wii connectivity

- special move gauge that builds up to a move that is much like a “final smash”

- some sort of WFC interaction

- character models by Takeshi Obata (Death Note)

- Quote from Pardo “I guess some fans may worry about the game quality, but I am confident that we can achieve a very high-quality game. I think that fans…will see that it stays true to the Diablo series. Even though this is a fighting game I can guarantee that it will be fun.”

Maybe they're finally going to make a decent attempt at moving into the console space (excusing their aborted Starcraft:Ghost)?

Maybe it's the return of Starcraft: Ghost?

id really love to see a world of starcraft. well, i suppose its me just yearning for a proper WH40k MMO where you're a captain and have npc squad members that you can pick and choose, customise and beef up. would mean multiplayer games with 10v10 people meaning 100 character battles. YES PLEASE. i'd still take a world of starcraft though!

ice5andahalf.jpg

Last one before the reveal later today....

The runes seem to have made an obvious pentagram and are glowing.

Announcement is happening in Europe for once, so the conference starts at 11:45 Paris time (10:45AM here).

There's also a Live Feed on Blizzard's site, although expect it to get hammered.

Looking forward to announcement live stream shenanigans later.

Have you ever considered it can be more than just one game? I mean, just looking at the art it clearly shows references to different games.

Maybe a Lost Viking Collection for <system> (PSP and/or DS pref)

WoW + TBC + WotLK package

Diablo I and II remake (and a teaser/demo of 3?)

Diablo 3?

I doubt they will announce World of Starcraft tbh, it is like taking away the spotlight from your own moneymaker World of Warcraft.

I love the extra rune that has snuck into the design, a fairly obvious "LOL SUCKERS" smiley that goes ;)

Yeah, I'm waiting for the big "LOL you pillocks! It's just Wrath of the Lich King! Got you going there, didn't we?"

WoW + TBC + WotLK package

Doubt it, Blizzard have been doing this under the pretence of 'battlechests' for god knows how long so I doubt it'd require a hype campaign.

I can't help but feel it looks a little... cold. As much as believe me I do want Diablo III, I'm not getting my hopes up.