Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

Am enjoying this. A lot. But I have a quick question.

When I last played on the Mac, you would get details on how much damage a skill did. It would normally be a % of weapon damage. Thats seems to have vanished on the PS4 version. For instance, Command Skeletons. The passive is that you have skeletons you attack your foes. When you actively send that at a target it says it increases their damage but doesn't say by how much. This is making it pretty difficult for me to compare the various skills. Is this stuff just not thought to be important any more so was taken out?

Edit. on the website it says

Active: Command your skeletal minions to attack the target and increase their damage against it by 50%.

Passive: Raise skeletons from the ground every 2seconds to a max of 7 skeletons. Skeletal minions deal 50% weapon damage as Physical per attack.

Those % are missing on the PS4 unless I am missing something

EDIT AGAIN! Ignore me, it's an option. Should have checked that I just assumed it was there by default.

Anyway, the Necromancer is fun. Having a blast with it

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, spanx said:

Just picked this up cheapy cheap on PS4. Never played a Diablo before. What’s a good character class for a total noob? Assuming Barbarian?

I'd probably go for something more ranged like Demon Hunter or Wizard. My partner advises sword'n'board all the way with Barbarian. It really depends on your play style.

Are you playing alone or co-op?

@spanx

Yeah for console play a melee is probably best for first go. 

I'm sure ranged is more fun on PC - its still great on the consoles but not quite as satisfying as a fun Barbarian build (preferably something Whirlwind based). 

Also make sure you turn on elective mode. 

Edit - for clarity on PC you can click your target (I believe, never played PC) on console you're hoping they're in the correct region you're pointing your stick in when you hit attack. 

Picked this up the eternal edition on Xbone as wanted to play some couch coop something with the wife.  We played in on PC around release.  The whole frontend is a bit of a shocker if you've only ever played vanilla. 

Clearly late to the party, but the Necromancer expody corpse fest is awesome!

I'm loving my Necromancer run  but stopped using the exploding corpses to swap for the sucking up essence from the bodies. The whole thing is just insane fun.

21 hours ago, spanx said:

Just picked this up cheapy cheap on PS4. Never played a Diablo before. What’s a good character class for a total noob? Assuming Barbarian?

Melee for first run as others have suggested. I played a Barbarian when I was playing on Mac and any build with whirlwind was great fun. Also the season structure encourages you to try a new class which is what keeps it fresh. Plus the season rewards change to help different styles of build as well so you may never play the same class the same way again. 

I went Barbarian, and enjoyed my first couple of hours. It seems surprisingly "lightweight", in a good way. Didn't realise it was basically Gauntlet++++

Feel like it'll be one of those "this is easy to dip in to in lulls between other games" kind of things.

34 minutes ago, spanx said:

I went Barbarian, and enjoyed my first couple of hours. It seems surprisingly "lightweight", in a good way. Didn't realise it was basically Gauntlet++++

Feel like it'll be one of those "this is easy to dip in to in lulls between other games" kind of things.

The whole experience to level 70 is pretty chilled. Then comes the loop of running rifts, trying to push the difficulty as high as possible for the better loot and repeating. But it really doesn't get old. Then bingo, a new season starts and you can start from scratch with a new class and enjoy a different experience. And it's very easy to dip in and out of while feeling you have achieved something in a short space of time.

• 2 years later...
On 22/02/2020 at 14:01, Gloomy Andy said:

I've finally done it. After years of playing Diablo 3 I've finally completed a seasonal journey. 

Just done a GR45 solo without any set items for my final conquest. 

Unlocked the portrait frame (meh) and the angelic goblin pet (woo!). 

I think I'm going to take a break for season 20. The seasonal bonus doesn't really interest me and I've got several other games to play in my limited time. 

Season 19 will always be the season I actually completed. 

20200222_140600-01.jpeg

Well after a couple of years of not playing Diablo 3 and a recent bout of Covid I thought I'd fire it up again. 

20221021_233537-01.jpeg.e4f43b37390a8c1fb8d49af6b0ea3c18.jpeg

Finally nearly 8 years after getting my first trophy I got the Platinum. 

This really is the best game. 

I just slipped straight back into it. 

And as the trophy dinged I wasn't even close to stopping playing. 

Finished off the first 3 chapters of the seasonal journey (season 27 for those who've lost count like I had) and I'm now working on completing chapter 4 to complete my seasonal armour set. 

I'm not sure I'll ever complete another season again (maybe I'll try again on Switch one day). But I'll always be happy to spend time running Rifts & Grifts and just making those numbers get bigger. 

I've just got back into this on the Switch, after playing it on the PS4 ages ago. 

I was addicted to it at the time, though never really went that far into endgame - was mainly just starting different characters and doing bounties. 

What was the final trophy for you to pop? And how many challenges do you have left? 

6 hours ago, Parksey said:

I've just got back into this on the Switch, after playing it on the PS4 ages ago. 

I was addicted to it at the time, though never really went that far into endgame - was mainly just starting different characters and doing bounties. 

What was the final trophy for you to pop? And how many challenges do you have left? 

My outstanding trophies were 500 bounties, all characters to 70 and then obviously the platinum. 

I only had Crusader to level to 70 so started a new seasonal character and then did bounties til I'd finished the 500 (only had about 40 or so to do).

Then ran Rifts til I dinged 70.