rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
revlob

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

I can never be arsed playing with others so I usually quit for the season around GR90. 

The joy for me is just trying to hunt down a complete set of gear for a build and seeing the way they all synergise together. Replacing it all with ancients/primals is too much of a grind. 

I’d like to hit GR 100 this season. Will see if I lose steam before that. Right now this consists of speed clearing XIII normal rifts for masses of death breath and rift keys with my barb and then switching to my wizard to reforge spare legendaries and push GRifts. It’s slow incremental progress and not for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I've got zero interest in multiplayer.

That's a shame. Not even with me? :(

I'm one piece of the Pestilence set away from having all four Necro sets. Trying to decide on a build to push ahead with and it's looking like Rathma Skeletal Mages considering I have all the right legendaries and the set pieces are pretty good rolls.

6 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

I've got zero interest in multiplayer.

I'm one piece of the Pestilence set away from having all four Necro sets. Trying to decide on a build to push ahead with and it's looking like Rathma Skeletal Mages considering I have all the right legendaries and the set pieces are pretty good rolls.

Alright, so I've decided I want to make a push at the higher rifts. Is there anyone else willing to team up? I'm on Switch but I can transfer to PC easily enough. I just need the expansion.

I'm sure you're ace to play with!  

I've played a lot of multiplayer in the past, but it just doesn't suit how I play games these days. I'm often squeezing in time to play a game between other commitments, so I never want to commit to a particular time in advance, and once I'm playing, I often stop, pause, wander off to play with the dog, or reply to a tweet, and the Switch in particular means I'm often watching TV at the same time, or having conversations with the missus, so might want to pause the game at any moment for any amount of time.  Being in a multiplayer game means I feel an obligation to keep playing in an uninterrupted block for the sake of the other player(s), and that obligation makes me feel stressed, which takes away from the pleasure of playing the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 2

I know exactly how it goes. I'm in the same boat so I'm likely pipe dreaming.

Got my first ever Primal Ancient drop yesterday and it's a Templar Relic. At least it can be used.

Also upgraded both scythe and shield to Ancients, as well as taking a stupidly powerful two-handed Ancient Legendary mace and making it lvl1 for my Crusader.

On 09/02/2019 at 17:29, Fallows said:

Alright, so I've decided I want to make a push at the higher rifts. Is there anyone else willing to team up? I'm on Switch but I can transfer to PC easily enough. I just need the expansion.

Feel free to add me to your friends list and I'll join you when the timing allows it.

I'm a bit in the same boat as Ste these days, but I'd love a beefy session or two with you. 

On 10/02/2019 at 09:47, Ste Pickford said:

I'm sure you're ace to play with!  

I've played a lot of multiplayer in the past, but it just doesn't suit how I play games these days. I'm often squeezing in time to play a game between other commitments, so I never want to commit to a particular time in advance, and once I'm playing, I often stop, pause, wander off to play with the dog, or reply to a tweet, and the Switch in particular means I'm often watching TV at the same time, or having conversations with the missus, so might want to pause the game at any moment for any amount of time.  Being in a multiplayer game means I feel an obligation to keep playing in an uninterrupted block for the sake of the other player(s), and that obligation makes me feel stressed, which takes away from the pleasure of playing the game.

this is me

Hey y'all!

Just hooked this up on my PS4, played some local games with my kids, they really enjoy it but do I need to go online to get the most out of it of can we all play local co op and do it all and get the sweet loot etc?

Also the Seasonal thing, is this worth doing?

Any PS4 players here?

You can 4 player local yeah but you can't wander off, you all have to stay in the vacinity of each other. All the loot is apportioned out so there's no squabbling over it, and everyone gets the gold that drops.

Seasonal is worth doing if you want to chase the challenges and get a full set of green armour after the first four challenge chapters. Doing them co-op from scratch would be fun for you all to do. If you're all starting from scratch there's no real reason not to do seasonal.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

You can 4 player local yeah but you can't wander off, you all have to stay in the vacinity of each other. All the loot is apportioned out so there's no squabbling over it, and everyone gets the gold that drops.

Seasonal is worth doing if you want to chase the challenges and get a full set of green armour after the first four challenge chapters. Doing them co-op from scratch would be fun for you all to do. If you're all starting from scratch there's no real reason not to do seasonal.

Hi mate

It tells me all accounts need Playstation accounts to play, reckon they all need Plus?

Thats the reason we did local co op as that message popped up

10 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

Hi mate

It tells me all accounts need Playstation accounts to play, reckon they all need Plus?

Thats the reason we did local co op as that message popped up

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753926834

According to this the primary account holder needs PS+ if you want to take the couch co-op online with other people. So if 2 of you are on the same console and you want to play with someone else over PSN the primary account holder needs to have PS+ but not the second player in the local co-op session. If you just want to play up to 4 players on one console on the same TV you don't need PS+ at all. 

Ah I think I know what it is, I use an Indonesian account as my primary for cheap PS+ access, and I use a sub account to play with.

Guess for Diablo I need to switch. Thanks for clearing that up Moose.

• Upvote 1

I'm saying this having played only 15mins of the Switch version, but this is possibly the best version of Diablo 3/surpasses PC outside of community features. If only because I won't lose my Hardcore character from a random disconnect ever again. (but it feels great being portable, too)

• Upvote 2

I was gifted some chest last night after doing a rift I think, first one I’ve ever had, opened it just as the host quit, so all the loot poured out onto the floor just as I got migrated into a new host on a different map :(

• Empathy 1