Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

revlob

So can do level 65 GR on my Monk, have got all the gear I need (just an decent rolled unset ring).

It's just running stuff for slightly better rolled/ancient versions now right?

I can't use the cube to make a legendary/set Ancient can I? What's this empower Ancient thing?

@Droo

Spoiler

I ran into a super weird random hard to kill goblin who opened a portal to another level from a nephalen rift. this other level is a vault with all unique assets and the end boss is a weird fat king of greed which is nowhere in the base game. he does not attack you or move unless you attack him. he is just sitting there apparently eating. he drops a giant screen filling chest that bleeds. and gives you a unique gem which grants you extra money from killing enemies. the name of the chest is greed's strongbox. :huh: it sort of made me feel like the game was mocking me in a weird way. and all these demons are the ones in my head. 

On 29/01/2017 at 04:39, clippa said:

Blimey, you're brave. Always online and hardcore don't mix.

And managed to finish the entire season journey for the first time without dying a week or so back, happy. :)

No ones talking about the 2.5 patch changes that are coming soon, most importantly being Primal Ancient items, items that are rarer then ancient. Originally they were just going to have 30% better stats like Anicents before them but now Blizzard decided they're simply going to be 'perfectly rolled ancients' instead....

...Which to make makes it far more boring. So once you get Primal Ancient everything, the loot hunt is over? Why would that be considered exciting in the least? :wacko:

1 hour ago, Oz said:

@Droo

Hide contents

I ran into a super weird random hard to kill goblin who opened a portal to another level from a nephalen rift. this other level is a vault with all unique assets and the end boss is a weird fat king of greed which is nowhere in the base game. he does not attack you or move unless you attack him. he is just sitting there apparently eating. he drops a giant screen filling chest that bleeds. and gives you a unique gem which grants you extra money from killing enemies. the name of the chest is greed's strongbox. :huh: it sort of made me feel like the game was mocking me in a weird way. and all these demons are the ones in my head. 

That's "normal".

Goblins have a chance to leave a portal open on death. It's basically a massive gold reward :D

Think they put in it with RoS.

There's another way there as well..

You can use a Puzzle Ring on the Cube and it opens a portal to the same place. Only one time per puzzle ring (it consumes it as part of the process) but it does mean that you can group up and go (not because it's hard or anything but to share the wealth and good times). 

4 hours ago, SuperMBo said:

You can use a Puzzle Ring on the Cube and it opens a portal to the same place. Only one time per puzzle ring (it consumes it as part of the process) but it does mean that you can group up and go (not because it's hard or anything but to share the wealth and good times). 

I honestly dont know what that means - use the puzzle ring on the cube?

11 minutes ago, Droo said:

I honestly dont know what that means - use the puzzle ring on the cube?

I was letting you find out youself

Have you got the Cube yet? It's an item you pick up endgame/adventure mode that then becomes a fixture in your base camp.

It (for a cost) lets you do things like re-roll legendaries, upgrade rares to random legendaries of the same time and most importantly extract a legendary's 'power'....and then select3 extra active (one each weapon, armor, jeweler) to have active as passives.

https://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/kanais-cube-hands-on-tutorial

The 3 extra legendary effects make it a very very powerful tool (the rest of it's no joke either though. Want a Legendary Fist weapon? Upgrade rare random fist weapons to random legendaries to try and obtain)

If you try and "extract" the power from a Puzzle Ring - it instead opens up a portal to the gold vault like the one you encountered in the wild.

Cus you have to activate it you get set it to the highest Paragon Level you can do, assemble friends and set all your Paragon Points to Gold Find for the best haul.

1. Get an item called the puzzle ring. 

2. Interact with Kanai's cube in town. 

3. Sacrifice the puzzle ring which creates a portal to The Vault.

4. Phat Loot

If you haven't done either of the first two steps, give it a google!

EDIT: Beat me to it!

Right then, I've finished Reaper of Souls (bit of a damp squib ending) with what's now an L60 Wizard. Adventure mode seems to be the next step, but I've no clue on what difficulty I should be looking at given I have a good 8 choices now. Can you both raise and lower the difficulty while in Adventure or is it one way like in the main quest? Also is public the way to go? 

I do private. don't think it matters a lot. I would start at torment I and lower or raise if you think the torment is insufficient. get as much torment and you can physically tolerate to get your loot up. you can select it every time you launch adventure. but you can only lower it once the game has been created. 

EDIT: you could probably copy and paste this post to an S&M forum and it would work just as well if not better. :D

17 minutes ago, stefcha said:

Right then, I've finished Reaper of Souls (bit of a damp squib ending) with what's now an L60 Wizard. Adventure mode seems to be the next step, but I've no clue on what difficulty I should be looking at given I have a good 8 choices now. Can you both raise and lower the difficulty while in Adventure or is it one way like in the main quest? Also is public the way to go? 

Difficulty's a tricky one. You might want to go as hard as possible and scrap through slowly, or easier but quick to kill/farm XP/loot.

Go with what you enjoy. You can change difficulty on adventure mode - sometimes only up or down 1 until you restart, and then up/down again. 

I think Torment 1 is when the top level gems and new sets appear.

3 hours ago, Hexx said:

Difficulty's a tricky one. You might want to go as hard as possible and scrap through slowly, or easier but quick to kill/farm XP/loot.

Go with what you enjoy. You can change difficulty on adventure mode - sometimes only up or down 1 until you restart, and then up/down again. 

I think Torment 1 is when the top level gems and new sets appear.

Having played the campaign on Hard (which wasn't in the slightest) I've got a good two pages of difficulty options to choose from so it's a bit daunting! Actually I think the second half of the Torment difficulties are locked until L70 so perhaps the first half were unlocked due to me hitting L60? In which case, I'd be best starting with the first of whichever of those unlocked if I can work that out rather than pick the highest available and spend ages lowering the difficulty.

33 minutes ago, palaver said:

I don't know how many resources you end up with at the end of the story these days but it's worth crafting up a set of equipment when you hit 60 as the jump in numbers is usually significant.

I've got loads of resources as I've never had to craft anything really - the drops I was getting were always much better (if only D3 had been like that from the start!). Oh god please tell me all the artisans aren't going to be back at L1 and need upgrading when I start Adventure? I didn't even manage to max them all but spent a shitload trying to do so, plus in the entire (seasonal) campaign I got one single "recipe" for the blacksmith right at the very end of RoS, will that carry over to Adventure or is it a fresh start?

Artisan levels are persistent unless you're starting a new season or something. Even so you can level them up really quickly in Adventure mode.

Difficulty isn't really anything to worry about in Adventure. If things start getting too easy then quit out and bump it up. If it's too hard then drop it down! Unlike the campaign you basically start a new game every time you load it up, with everything important being persistent between games. If you're in the middle of a string of bounties then those will be reset, but that's about it.

Look at those crit numbers! Interface is quite different on the PC version.

So, another possibly silly question - this is following the standard Blizzard model right, where finishing the campaign once and getting your character to max is effectively the start of the end game, where you're now raiding (doing rifts)?

oh yes. I finished everything in the season objectives after that and I would argue that was almost all a tutorial. there are so many moving parts here between paragon points, crafting, gems, rifts, adventure mode, bounties, collecting legandaries, collecting seasonal sets, kunai skills, reroling perks, pets, etc. it is fucking mental. this game has also changed so much since I first played it when it came out. what a fucking masterpiece. 

Bit late doing season stuff this time so still have some tasks to complete on Chapter IV of the season journey. I tend to dip in and out of Diablo III and therefore have only done a few seasons previously.

I wondered if anyone has done the 'Conqueror tier' to unlock the additional stash tab, and if so how long did it honestly take to complete? I remember getting into a debate once where someone claimed during season 5 that I only had to play for a bit longer, after unlocking the main chapter IV rewards, to unlock the stash tab reward but I suspect it is a lot more hours to do so.

@Oz 100% agree, D3 has evolved into a great and beautiful game. Of all the isometric ARPG's I've played it's my favourite and I don't think the combat mechanics have been bettered.

How does multiplayer work when one person is vastly lower level? Basically, my wife is looking to hop in and out of the game, but she's only played for a few minutes (literally), whereas my character is rapidly coming up on the end of Act V. Can she join my game and kinda stand back while I aggro and kill everything? And if she does, are loot drops going to take into account the massive level difference?

• 3 weeks later...

Kin ell. Season 10 - the first one to hit consoles - will launch at 4pm on Friday 31 March. That's a week after Mass Effect, three days after the Destiny Age of Triumph update, and four days before Persona 5 (assuming it doesn't get shipped early).

I might just smash my PS4 to pieces in preference to the impossible choices it sadistically delights in presenting. Just give me a little peace of mind, ok?