revlob

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

It is a bit tenuous, but the flakes are too 'positioned' to not be eyes of some kind. Thing is, will it be reveled tomorrow morning, saturday morning or after the announcment sometime on Saturday?

Kitten posted this in the WoW folder thread:

/poke topic

Today's image.

Today's hidden image - making the whole image this.

The new css class is 'cold'.

/shivers

The numbers from the daily jigsaw piece match the ones from the show Lost. There is a Blizzard game called Lost Vikings.

Today's rune looks like a miniature solar system, containing three orbital dots. (Blizzard's three best-known 'worlds'?) It also could be interpreted as the top of one of the Arcane Sanctum type buildings in WoW. Or a lithium atom. :(

There are two ice shards that look like eyes. These have apparently been "exactly" matched to both the Lich King and to the Diablo 2 box art, as well as a Dark Archon from Starcraft. Blizzard seem to be too fond of using these eyes for this to be linked to one specific franchise. (Again. :()

Ah, I only ever played Diablo II and the expansions. The only problem I found was that towards the end of the game you were just some uber-powerful killing machine and the challenge got diluted.

Ah, I only ever played Diablo II and the expansions. The only problem I found was that towards the end of the game you were just some uber-powerful killing machine and the challenge got diluted.

You didn't play it on the Nightmare difficulty setting, I gather...

You didn't play it on the Nightmare difficulty setting, I gather...

I went through once on the normal level but then I read somewhere that if you start at a harder level you get better weapons quicker. Don't know what the settings were called now though. Although to be honest by the time I'd been through once its replay appeal was pretty low.

I found the same thing with Sacred as well. Although I got bored with that long before finishing it.

Some of my mates have completed the game with the char so many times, I think they've lost count. One of the guys is still playing it, there's still a random drop he needs before he's had every good item in the game. Mentals...

It was a good game and I did spend many an hour on it. Wasn't there an online bit too?

Ish

You could team up with friends and play it co-op either over LAN or through a blizzard portal. For each player that joined a game, the enemies toughness got a 100% gain (from the base toughness)

I went through once on the normal level but then I read somewhere that if you start at a harder level you get better weapons quicker. Don't know what the settings were called now though. Although to be honest by the time I'd been through once its replay appeal was pretty low.

I found the same thing with Sacred as well. Although I got bored with that long before finishing it.

Once you finished normal you have to play it at the next difficulty up. yes you get better drops but the ememies all have more powers. After that playthrough getting to do it the third time on hell (i think difficulty) is the nuts as nearly all monsters have immunities it makes it a completely different game and you will get spanked if you have not built a decent char at that time. It makes me want to play it again :)

Once you finished normal you have to play it at the next difficulty up. yes you get better drops but the ememies all have more powers. After that playthrough getting to do it the third time on hell (i think difficulty) is the nuts as nearly all monsters have immunities it makes it a completely different game and you will get spanked if you have not built a decent char at that time. It makes me want to play it again :(

Not sure I still have my copies :)

Once you finished normal you have to play it at the next difficulty up. yes you get better drops but the ememies all have more powers. After that playthrough getting to do it the third time on hell (i think difficulty) is the nuts as nearly all monsters have immunities it makes it a completely different game and you will get spanked if you have not built a decent char at that time. It makes me want to play it again :(

Same. I have some fantastic memories of zooming through the game several hundred times with three friends. Good times. :)

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53312

Blizzard Affirms Upcoming Game Announcement; Diablo 3 'Confirmed,' Claims Leading Diablo Fan Site

by Aaron Linde Jun 25, 2008 3:34pm CST tags: Diablo 3, Rumor

Blizzard design VP Rob Pardo revealed that the company does intend to announce a new title at the event at this weekend's Blizzard Worldwide Invitiational in Paris, but declined to offer further details.

"So you want me to announce the game before our announcement?" he told GamesIndustry. "No offense, but I think there's like 300 people here, and I'll be ripped apart by 8000 people [at the Invitational] if I pre-announce it—but it's going to be really exciting. I think everybody here will be really excited about the announcement."

Moreover, Diablo fan website DiabloII.net reports that Blizzard's game announcement will be Diablo III, the long-awaited next title in Blizzard's hack-and-slash RPG series.

The site claims to have confirmation of the forthcoming announcement from "inside sources," but does not specify whether the information came from within the company or an external source.

Speculation flared this week over teaser images posted on the front page Blizzard's website, which many believed to contain possible connections to the anticipated hack-and-slash sequel.

Other evidence pointing towards a Diablo III announcement includes the Diablo3.com domain, now empty after previously directing to a Diablo community website. The domain was acquired by Blizzard last month.

Additionally, many speculate that the Worldwide Invitational's June 28 and 29 dates, which coincide with Diablo II's June 29, 2000 release date, lend further credence to rumors of a Diablo III announcement after the event.

One way or the other, expect Blizzard to clear the air this weekend.

Thanks to Mark for the heads up.