rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
revlob

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

So, Blizzard's homepage has had a new splash screen up for the past couple of days, which is slowly changing, revealing hidden runes and whatnot. There are numbered pieces of an image buried in a non-published directory on the site, and a few gaming news sites are covering the speculation this is generating.

Some fans are hoping it's all pointing towards an upcoming announcement of Diablo III, but others are saying it's just a teaser for their new WoW expansion.

Anyone know much else about this?

I knew I should have started it in here but I didn't think anyone outside the WoW folder would care

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=187273

The runes are from different games apparently, and it's changed 3 times in the last 3 days. Obviously the invitational is this weekend so it could be summat for that, but I'm thinking it's Diablo 3 related too. Unless there's some massive racial reveal for Lich King or summat.

Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for a lead 3D environment artist skilled at creating models and texture maps for both architectural and natural environments.

Interesting how they don't say "developer of WoW" or "developer of Starcraft".

It's not a teaser at all. Just a picture they thought looked pretty.

One that changes every day, gradually revealing something? The last time they did this they announced Starcraft 2.

Kinda already been announced a while back :angry:

From the thread in the WoW sub-forum

Rob Pardo told GameIndustry.biz at the GDC the following:

"So you want me to announce the game before our announcement?" he said. "No offense, but I think there's like 300 people here, and I'll be ripped apart by 8000 people there [at the Invitational] if I pre-announce it - but it's going to be really exciting. I think everybody here will be really excited about the announcement."

I do remember reading aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago that 'Project Hydra' was something they were working on. So it's clearly Super Smash Blizzard.