Bad Spoof Movie Thread

Goose

I was surprised to find I enjoyed Super Hero movie. I went in with the lowest expectations, came out with a few genuine proper lols. Considerably better than Epic, Spartans and all the rest, I thought. It actually had some proper jokes in it for a start.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Look, I'm all for spoof movies. The Naked Gun films, great, Airplane, better still. Even the first Scary Movie was pretty decent. The recent batch, Epic Movie, Date Movie, Dance Movie etc, I can happily leave behind but I can respect that there are people who do enjoy them. But in the same week that I watch Trick R Treat, which was denied any kind of theatrical release and instead got shunted straight to DVD more than two years after being finished, I find out that Stan Helsing is getting a theatrical release (for one week)...well I lose a tiny bit of faith.

The story appears to be about a guy, a decendent of Van Helsing, who has to face off against some of horror's biggest bad guys. Do you really need anything more?

Oh Leslis Nielsen...(who incidentally is following this up with something suspiciously called 'Spanish Movie') what are you doing in this?

post-242-1254683765.jpg

Only in theatres for a week? Such a shrewd business move but I guess that's all it needs, the Halloween weekend, to earn some quick coin.

I wonder what the DVD sales are like for these kind of movies. They are obviously made to be all about opening weekend, and made so cheaply (even more so for this one by the looks of things) they always make a profit. They are very much one note though, so I wouldn't imagine DVD sales to be outstanding.

But in the same week that I watch Trick R Treat, which was denied any kind of theatrical release and instead got shunted straight to DVD more than two years after being finished, I find out that Stan Helsing is getting a theatrical release (for one week)...well I lose a tiny bit of faith.

From what I've read, it is indeed a shame Trick R Treat didn't theatrical run, I'm really looking forward to the DVD though.

As for losing faith... well, you could always show support for the flick by buying it rather than download? It's only going to cost about 8 quid! Voice your disdain with your wallet and who knows, maybe Trick R Treat 2 will get a shot at the big screen. ;)

That didn't mean to sound like an anti-piracy advert by the way. I'm guilty of watching the odd screener in my time. I just think if you want studios to make more of the films you like, you should show your support. The fans of Epic Movie / Meet The Spartans / Stan Helsing sure do.

• 1 month later...

So to make a spoof film these days all you actually need to do is... Re film bits from other films for no apparent reason at all.

Hang on. If this gets released in 2009 then Mark Kermode may well actually be out of the job.

So to make a spoof film these days all you actually need to do is... Re film bits from other films for no apparent reason at all.

Hang on. If this gets released in 2009 then Mark Kermode may well actually be out of the job.

It seems that in a lot of these films you don't actually need any decent jokes at all, just constant references to internet gags and, like you say, scenes re-filmed from other movies but with worse acting.

Even Spain are doing them now!

Rough translation of the voice over and 'jokes'.

VO: In a world of darkness, there are voices that cry out to be heard…

(child whispering) It’s here… It has come…

- Who are you?!

- Egermina, at your service (quite old village-ish name and manners)

VO: If you spent half your life in The Orphanage and now you spend your “Mondays in the Sun”…

(pun with Bardem’s movie “Los Lunes al Sol”)

- What’s up with you?

VO: If you are “Sea Inside”…

- Again with your foolishness? Forget about him, he’s always faking.

VO: …and you are unable to “To Return”…

(pun with Almodóvar’s “Volver”)

-To return (singing)

-Don’t think this is vice, it’s because I’m ill.

VO: If you blame it on “The Others”…

-I’m photosensitive!

-Come on! You’re just drawn! Go out to play and catch some fresh air! (in a quite villageish way of talking)

VO: When you get lost in “Pan’s Labyrinth”…

-Something like you is what happens when a shepherd likes his goats a lot?

-What’s this!?

-A talking goat. Can we keep it?

-Oh… All right. But try it not to shit on the carpets, they’re too expensive.

VO: If you think this is “No Country for Old Men”, then “Open Your Eyes”…

(Pun with Amenabar’s 2nd movie “Abre los Ojos”").

VO …turn your back “to the sad” reality.

(”to the sad”=”a la triste” pun with Mortessen’s “Alatriste” (which means Sad Wing btw).

- Quiet! I come form a war, not from playing bingo.

- Come on babe! He’s turned so old. (No, I don’t get it either).

VO: Push “REC” in your brain…

- Record it all! (girl whispering)

-Don’t worry! I know what I’m doing!

VO: “Spanish Movie” has arrived!

- Everything is so supernatural… huh? Are you playing with your flashlight again?

Read more: Spanish Movie Trailer: A(nother) Herald of the End Times | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/06/spanis.../#ixzz0Yx4Uexo5

• 7 months later...

They're back, motherfunsters!

http://www.break.com/index/vampires-suck-1879620

Vampires Suck, scheduled for an August 18th 2010 release, is a comedy about contemporary teen angst and romance movies. Becca, an anxious, non-vampire teen, is torn between two boys. Before she can choose, Becca must get around her controlling father, who embarrasses Becca by treating her like a child. Meanwhile, Becca’s friends contend with their own romantic issues – all of which collide at the prom.

Paging Hexx to the thread.

I have to say I'm astonished it took this long for these talentless fucks to make a film based on the Twilight films. Although maybe they've been delayed trying to work out how to do Avatar without spending a hundred million dollars on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

A Paranormal Activity spoof starring Marlon Wayans. :omg:

In an outrageous send up of the Paranormal Activity movies, The Devil Inside and other “found footage” movies, A HAUNTED HOUSE features young couple Malcolm (Marlon Wayans) and Kisha (Essence Atkins) who have just moved in to their dream house. As they settle in, they quickly find they’re not alone. But it’s not the house that’s haunted, it’s Malcolm’s girlfriend who is possessed by a demon. Malcolm hires everyone from a priest to modern day ghostbusters to rid her of this unwelcome intruder, determined not to let the evil spirit ruin his relationship… or, more importantly, his sex life.