Sigur Rós

Timmo

After several (lots) of listens I agree entirely. Utterly life affirming. I love it almost to the point of being unable to find the words to describe it.

I'm buying the CD now as well as my digital copy as I want to have a physical object to own.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So just bought tickets to see them at the Eden Project in Cornwall at the end of June. I have wanted to see them for years but the size of the venues they play these days has put me off. I think this should be a suitably epic setting; Just hoping for good weather now. :)

Did anyone catch their live shows recently? Saw them at the Manchester Apollo and they where incredible.

I saw them at Brixton. They were great - really intense, considering. I'm looking forward to their next album a lot, although this track:

Is less exciting than the one above. Nice, but very Sigur Ros.

Yes, I'm worried about that too Rev, it's like they thought, well we didn't sell any of our last (2?) albums, time to move a fuck load....

It's ok, first track released is way more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone catch their live shows recently? Saw them at the Manchester Apollo and they where incredible.

Yeah, I saw them in Manchester too, I think it was the first night of two shows they played there from memory. It was the first time I'd seen them live and they certainly lived up to my lofty expectations. I hadn't had chance for much sleep the night before, so the dreamy state I was in probably helped with the atmosphere of the show.

When they kicked off the encore with Svefn-G-Englar I think I almost died of happiness, the whole setlist was perfect for me really. Great to see them ending on Popplagio as well. Not sure if they do that at every gig, but it's obviously the one you'd pick.

But on the new album, I do think it's pretty good overall and it has already been on several repeat listens since I got it last week, but you do kind of expect more than a "pretty good" when it comes to Sigur Ros I guess.

Not loving the new album but I think it will translate live well. I've not seen them since 03 and 04 so looking forward to a nostalgia-fest if nothing else in November in Dublin.

Nothing will top them at Glastonbury 03 ending with Pop Song in the pissing rain and smashing all their instruments. Best single performance I've ever seen.

So just bought tickets to see them at the Eden Project in Cornwall at the end of June. I have wanted to see them for years but the size of the venues they play these days has put me off. I think this should be a suitably epic setting; Just hoping for good weather now. :)

How did this go? It had the makings of something incredible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got back from the Nottingham gig. Holy shit, mind blown!

Not a duff song in there, no filler and the whole (12 piece) band were tight as anything. Other than the shit crowd one of the best gigs I've seen.

I thought Jonsi's voice was struggling a bit getting to the highest notes, more noticably so than the Manchester gig earlier in the year. They have been on tour too long I think!

Still a fantastic gig though I had to rush off before the encore as I had a train to catch cos they took so long to come on stage :(

• 4 months later...