IGNORED

The Music Folder 'Cool Wall'

Thread Owner

Yeah, yeah... Jim. Man... I was in Paris last week. Jim's burried there, you know? In the same place as, like, Ingres. And Edgar Allan Poe. And like... I dunno... Oscar Wilde or something. You know what you see when you enter that grave yard? Fucking "Jim ->" scrawled all over these headstones, pointing the way to Jim bloody Morrison. Like, come on man. Some of the greatest minds the world's ever seen have been layed to rest there. Then all these stoners come in, scribbling shit about Jim. The guy wore leather pants, without being in Run DMC. That ain't right.

The first lot are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, straight out of NY and currently toting two full length albums, the recent Show Your Bones and the fucking awesome debut that was Fever To Tell. Also notable is their Is Is EP, which is their most recent recording but is of old songs that they never got round to recording.

Maps

Phenomena live at Reading 2006

Their singer, Karen O, has a bit of a weird look about her and dresses like a colourblind rag lady at times but by Christ I would.

The other gang are Swedish bunch The Hives. I split bands into categories and they're very near the top of my 'Right, this lot just make me want to rock and dance' category. Garage rock revival.

Die, All Right!

Hate To Say I Told You So

Consider me educated! Cheers. :(

Them Yeah Yeah Yeah people are actually quite good!

04aa_1.JPG

This is my favourite picture of Scott Walker. You need to see the whole thing really by opening the gatefold sleeve, but I couldn't find it on the internet, and lord knows where my copy is hiding. At first glance you might think, posing bastard, but on closer inspection his flies are undone. A bit of understated irony from Scott, and therefore cool as fuck.

Would have been my first choice too, so I'm going to post my second, Michael Macdonald (third from right).

doobiebrothers1.jpg

THE VOICE. Looking like a teacher taking a class of hippies out on a trip is always cool.

And my third...THE JAZZ GUITAR (and voice, of course!).

George_Benson_-_Breezin.jpg

george-benson-in-flight-1.JPG

jazzbluesfunk1146593508fb5.jpg

Always knew how to dress for a record sleeve.

Clearly there is no shared definition of cool on rllmuk.

I mean on what planet is Henry Rollins cool, the guy is entertaining enough and seems pretty smart but he's like the anti-cool surely. All energy and fury and sweat, the very antithesis of cool.

Unless we are just using the word cool to mean 'good', like the words 'whizzo' or 'beezer'.

• 2 months later...
Clearly there is no shared definition of cool on rllmuk.

I mean on what planet is Henry Rollins cool, the guy is entertaining enough and seems pretty smart but he's like the anti-cool surely. All energy and fury and sweat, the very antithesis of cool.

Unless we are just using the word cool to mean 'good', like the words 'whizzo' or 'beezer'.

Listen to Think Tank disc 2. Henry Rollins is very, very, very cool.

I don't know many bands or individuals in this thread.