IGNORED

what do you think of this ps1 collection?

jox

I am no PSX expert but that works out to about £12 per game... and from the looks of it there all classics but mainstream games - so not perticually rare (did a quick search on amazon marketplace and most PSX tombraider games are under £5 for example)I guess it is convienent having all these games together in one sale bundle but i recon you'll be paying too much for it. Again I am no PSX expert but it looks expensive.

I picked up a launch console up for £25.00 (the square chap rather than the slimline updated version) with two official rumble analogue stick controllers (the first ones weren't analogue), Time Crisis (and the Guncon), Gran Turismo 2, Tekken, FFVII, FFVIII and Kurushi at a car boot sale. Kurushi is worth about £50 in good condition. That was about six months ago.

Ebay is probably the worst place to get one as everything is listed as "rare" and if the games aren't packaged well, the cases crack in transit as they were flimsy to say the least (same with Dreamcast). There is also an issue with the "TV input dongle" that went into the aerial as the first ones were notoriously flimsy and I went through at least three on my launch PS1 (I sold it many moons ago).

Your best bet is the local paper sale ads or car boot sales as you can haggle.

Get a PS2 instead as these play PS1 games and you can pick up old PS2 stuff in Game/Gamestation etc. for peanuts.

If you want an old console set up then go a Dreamcast and a SNES are an absolute must.

I picked up a launch console up for £25.00 (the square chap rather than the slimline updated version) with two official rumble analogue stick controllers (the first ones weren't analogue), Time Crisis (and the Guncon), Gran Turismo 2, Tekken, FFVII, FFVIII and Kurushi at a car boot sale. Kurushi is worth about £50 in good condition. That was about six months ago.

Ebay is probably the worst place to get one as everything is listed as "rare" and if the games aren't packaged well, the cases crack in transit as they were flimsy to say the least (same with Dreamcast). There is also an issue with the "TV input dongle" that went into the aerial as the first ones were notoriously flimsy and I went through at least three on my launch PS1 (I sold it many moons ago).

Your best bet is the local paper sale ads or car boot sales as you can haggle.

Get a PS2 instead as these play PS1 games and you can pick up old PS2 stuff in Game/Gamestation etc. for peanuts.

If you want an old console set up then go a Dreamcast and a SNES are an absolute must.

I am no PSX expert but that works out to about £12 per game... and from the looks of it there all classics but mainstream games - so not perticually rare (did a quick search on amazon marketplace and most PSX tombraider games are under £5 for example)I guess it is convienent having all these games together in one sale bundle but i recon you'll be paying too much for it. Again I am no PSX expert but it looks expensive.

i agree really im no psx expert either the only thing i can say is they are all black editon bar tombraider 1 have no idea what it is tho lol. i think its expensive but from a collecters point of view im just not sure im 23 and those where the games that i have so manny memories of ic of iv offerd 100 pounds for it ( my pound sighn on the keyb is broke lol) dont think ill pay more than that and the fact that iv got some spare cash i think id be happy to pay 100

if only TRone wasn't the platinum edition! :D

No wait, it'd STILL be too much fucking money.

Now, is this your auction? :lol:

no no not my auction!

the seller is from the same area as me so i would pick up in person so no worries about cases cracking, do you think 100 pounds is a decent price?

also what is black edition?

i never did get the dreamcast although my mate had one with ready to rumbe boxing and i loved that so dont know much about it. what classics where on the dc? was house of the dead 1 and 2?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the seller just mean that the underside of the discs are black instead of the usual shinny cd style

i have no idea iv tryed google and can only find this info based on need for speed

# Black Edition contains:

# Exclusive cars: race in the classic '67 Camaro SS and the BMW M3 GTR street machine right out of the box

# Specially-tuned rides: rule the streets in a modified SL65 AMG, Porsche 911 GT2, Corvette C6.R, and more

# Exclusive races: redline in three epic races and an exclusive Black Edition Challenge

hmmm what is this black edition then?

WAAAYYYYYYYY overpriced. You should be able to get a much bigger collection for your money. The first couple of Tombraider games were good at the time but i wouldn't fancy playing them now. As for the Resi games you could easily buy a Gamecube with the (superior) remakes for around £60.

Black edition is referring to the fact that the games are all original release (bar one) and not the less desirable Platinum budget re-releases.

I'm sorry but I can't believe that isn't your auction. I'll rustle you up a bundle like that for £100 if you like. £100 is way too much.

lol no seriosly this is not my auction! how can i prove it and ill do it?

seriously if you can rustle me up thoose games ill buy them evern if it was my aution isit not allowed here of something? id just say if it was :lol:

As for the Resi games you could easily buy a Gamecube with the (superior) remakes for around £60.

im sure iv read somewhere about the gamecube versions been better any more info of that? did all the ps1 versions come on the gamecube?

im sure iv read somewhere about the gamecube versions been better any more info of that? did all the ps1 versions come on the gamecube?

Resi 2+3 are conversions of the PC game so they look better than the PS1 games. REmake is a spruced up version of the first Resi game. Resi Zero is a GC exclusive and is very good. There's also RE code Veronica which is a conversion of the Dreamcast game (which is also very decent).

Far too expensive. I don't think I would pay anymore than £50 for all that lot and thats assuming I wanted the vast majority of them. You could buy them individually on the 'bay much cheaper than that but i'm sure you'd be able to get some deals in the trading forums for some of them.

It is a nice collection, but it is indeed overpriced. I would of thought £3- £5 a title would be more realistic.

But having said that it would take quite a while to find all these games separately and in good condition.

It really depends why you want them, if its to have an instant nice shiny PS1 collection, or to actually play the titles.

Mods, come on, delete this rubbish.

I know shed-loads of people have been moaning about the current state of this site, but even I smell a rat here.

EDIT: In answer to the original poster's subject title:

'Quite (In terms of asking price) a lot for not a lot'. Now wash your hands.

Resi 2+3 are conversions of the PC game so they look better than the PS1 games. REmake is a spruced up version of the first Resi game. Resi Zero is a GC exclusive and is very good. There's also RE code Veronica which is a conversion of the Dreamcast game (which is also very decent).

I can;t say I ever noticed the difference in visual quality myself...

As for Code Veronica it's actually a conversion of the ps2 version (Code Veronica X) which was a port of the DC original (with extra stuff basically)

• 2 weeks later...
It is a nice collection, but it is indeed overpriced. I would of thought £3- £5 a title would be more realistic.

But having said that it would take quite a while to find all these games separately and in good condition.

It really depends why you want them, if its to have an instant nice shiny PS1 collection, or to actually play the titles.

I cant believe how much they want for those games...

Maybe worth half