ooh ooh ooh, they're going to Cherynoble

The city name comes from a combination of chornyi (чорний, black) and byllia (билля, grass blades or stalks); hence it literally means black grass or black stalks. It may be named after the Ukrainian word for the plant mugwort.[1]

Mugwort

Artemisia vulgaris (Mugwort or Common Wormwood) is one of several species in the genus Artemisia with names containing mugwort. It is also occasionally known as Felon Herb, Chrysanthemum Weed, Wild Wormwood, or St. John's Plant

Wormwood

And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Revelation 8:10

Piss. Forgot to watch this. DO C4 have an iPlayer type affair? Or is it repeated anytime soon?

Yes, 4OD. Just go to their site and it will be linked there. But you have to use IE.

It's also on The History Channel on 28th and 29th at 18:00 and 12:00 respectively.

C4 have 4OD. It's a download, install, then download shows type affair. No browser-based player AFAIK which is a pisser.

I would also like to know if this will be repeated any time soon :).

They also have this, which is the browser based iplayer equivalent.

That ferris wheel has some bad memories :wub:

Prypiat flat out fascinates me, i could look at photos of it all day (and imagine my glee when i was playing CoD4). it's definitely on my list of places to visit.

anyway, the ferris wheel was never used. about a week before it was due to open the plant went *KABLOOEY!* and naturally everyone had to peg it.

quite a good documentary and very watchable, but the CGI looked like it was done in a day using the Source™ engine. i like the possibility that the Hoover Dam is going to be one of the last man-made things to crumble - concrete for the victory!

Prypiat flat out fascinates me, i could look at photos of it all day (and imagine my glee when i was playing CoD4). it's definitely on my list of places to visit.

anyway, the ferris wheel was never used. about a week before it was due to open the plant went *KABLOOEY!* and naturally everyone had to peg it.

quite a good documentary and very watchable, but the CGI looked like it was done in a day using the Source™ engine. i like the possibility that the Hoover Dam is going to be one of the last man-made things to crumble - concrete for the victory!

And that the concrete was still setting 70 years after construction began :wub: In fact a lot of Hoover Dam factoids are amazing.

That whole section from CoD4 was amaze, such a great atmosphere, I want a full game like the first part up to the sniper shot. You would probably like that documentary I mentioned above about the animals, think it was on Animal Planet.

Ever played STALKER? I heard it pops up in that too?

I saw 15 minutes of this near the start, but they'd neglected to mention why all the humans had suddenly died out in a contemporary setting, or if they had, I missed it. Which made it something of a pointless exercise, just with loads of people going 'yeah, dogs would die because they're shit'.

No reason was given - it was all a theoretical excercise on what would happen to mankind's impact on the planet if it were no longer there to maintain it. It assumed that people had physically gone by some undisclosed means, so no tasty morsels lying around for the fauna to snack upon.

I saw 15 minutes of this near the start, but they'd neglected to mention why all the humans had suddenly died out in a contemporary setting, or if they had, I missed it. Which made it something of a pointless exercise, just with loads of people going 'yeah, dogs would die because they're shit'.

The Quiet Earth

Right. So it was just as pointless as I thought from those 15 minutes before I decided to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark. :lol:

The point wasn't "What will wipe out man." The point is "What happens if man disappears." They explained that at the start. The reason for man disappearing is irrelevant.