IGNORED

Looking for xenon2 type game

taketh

Hey,

Im looking for the title of an old game like xenon 2, but it had a yellow ship. It was also side scrolling, going from left to right unlike xenon which goes from the bottom up. It might have been a submarine because i can remember fish. Like xenon, you could upgrade the ship, even the engine! I posted the same question to yahoo but no luck so will see what you guys come up with. It was probably for the pc though.

Thanks in advance,

Taketh

Hey,

Im looking for the title of an old game like xenon 2, but it had a yellow ship. It was also side scrolling, going from left to right unlike xenon which goes from the bottom up. It might have been a submarine because i can remember fish. Like xenon, you could upgrade the ship, even the engine! I posted the same question to yahoo but no luck so will see what you guys come up with. It was probably for the pc though.

Thanks in advance,

Taketh

It sounds like X-Out for the Amiga. Underwater 2D shooter, horizontally scrolling. You upgraded your ship at a shop screen too.

It sounds like X-Out for the Amiga. Underwater 2D shooter, horizontally scrolling. You upgraded your ship at a shop screen too.

I specifically remember the ship being yellow. It shot out stars too, think they were called pulses. It might not have been underwater, my memory could be playing tricks on me. Thanks anyway

I specifically remember the ship being yellow. It shot out stars too, think they were called pulses. It might not have been underwater, my memory could be playing tricks on me. Thanks anyway

Did it have a cartoon visual feel like

or Parodius or did it have a more realistic art style?

Did it have a cartoon visual feel like
or Parodius or did it have a more realistic art style?

It had a realistic feel to it, but because it was old it wasn't too realistic, certainly wasn't toony. It might have been on the verge of 3d which would mean it isnt that old of a game. Was more likely to be out of space then underwater, but i remember fish like monsters or aliens, no robotical enemies or spaceships to shoot. Thanks though.

I have a feeling the game doesn't exist, it could have been a demo that came with the "computer shopper" magazine that didn't end up on the shelves. Sorry if that's the case!

Maybe, there's a game that I played as a demo once and haven't been able find since.

Blood Money looks like a good shout:

Isn't the one, the game i remember had better graphics. Close though, it could have been a sequel of it or a spin-off. The ship was slightly bigger too. Not menace either. I cant believe there are so many out there, i should just quit being too fussy and try out some of the close-matches. Cheers again.

Good grief, Blood Money looks rather bad today; I remember it being quite sexy 'back then'.

I bet the developer never worked again after that one.

Loved that game. It was highly satisfying blasting hordes of jellyfish on the sub level, especially when you had the thee-way shot.

Katakis/Denaris come out on the Amiga...

14.jpg

Mr Heli got an Amiga release too.

2526_dbs1.png

As for the PC.....

....theres loads. Haven't you got any other recollection?

*edit* - theres very few shmups where you can upgrade your engine. As said, with X-out and Z-out you can.