rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Capwn

Big Brother 9

fair enough - that's assuming that the nicest person is the most deserving winner though... it's obviously a major factor, but surely the entertainment they provide, the memorable moments they've had and so on play a part as well? the only things i can remember about rachel in the house are that she was about 2 minutes away from getting a buzz-cut and becoming kat's lesbian lover at any given time, and that she was often bullied... hmmm

anyone seen lisa and mario on channel 4 with jimmy carr? i think lisa's chest has got reverse-albinoism. it's all i can see now, but the tan of her cleavage looks like it was drawn in with a black marker pen or something

That's actually the first time I've bothered watching 8 out of 10 cats and it wasn't bad. I'm still giggling a bit over the walrus eating a crabstick bit.

Jason Manford - Seriously, how does this guy earn a living impersonating a really bad comedian?!

fair enough - that's assuming that the nicest person is the most deserving winner though... it's obviously a major factor, but surely the entertainment they provide, the memorable moments they've had and so on play a part as well? the only things i can remember about rachel in the house are that she was about 2 minutes away from getting a buzz-cut and becoming kat's lesbian lover at any given time, and that she was often bullied... hmmm

Specific evictions are all about keeping in the people who are interesting. But the final is about who deserves the cashmoney and adulation. Rex has been by far the most entertaining housemate for me (57 Special Tokens has secured him a place in the Housemate League of Legendariness - a League headed by Victor of course), but Ihe shouldn't have won as he had been quite a large bastard in there, not to mention he really didn't need the money.

Wow! :( Just watched the shows, found myself so happy that Rachel won, such a sweet girl.

Rachel may not have been the most exciting housemate ever, but she was as good and kind-hearted a person you could hope to have in the Big Brother house, and as such she is a deserving winner.
This summarises best exactly why I'm glad she won, it's really that simple. And she isn't vacuous, she seems to have weight of consideration. And she kept remarkably composed throughout despite the pressure environment and the sustained character-sniping.

Fucking hell Big Brothers Big Mouth....

Absolute car crash.

Fuck off Davina, you really are shit.

As for Rachel winning, meh. I guess she deserved it for being nicest, all this stuff about the winner being the most entertaining sounds more like an argument for who should stay in the final. Yeah Rex has been great to watch, but giving him a hundred grand? Nuh uh. Same with Darnell and probably Mikey, who was just on the wrong side of moaning too much to win. I would still have preferred Sara, and it was nice of Stu to say so in Big Mouth as well.

There's been some cracking highlights though, mostly involving Mikey, as mentioned the blind water fight was classic, as was the baseball and the chilli tongue spasm never gets old.

Someone needs to make some gifs!

I can't recall a single person saying they liked Rachel or wanted her to win to be honest

I assume you're new to this thread?

There's been some cracking highlights though, mostly involving Mikey, as mentioned the blind water fight was classic, as was the baseball and the chilli tongue spasm never gets old.

I think my favorite moment has to be Darnell on Spitgate night storming into the luxury bedroom all guns blazing.

Mikey outside the comedy slapstick stuff his best moment I think was when he was watching Dales audition video with Rex, Mo and Stu. As soon as it ends Mikey just goes "What a fucking nob" and the other three start pissing themselves laughing.

I still cannot believe she won. Bit of an obvious thing to say here but out of the final 5 she had by far the least camera time. Maybe that's the point. She didn't do anything.

I didn't watch the final but I bet her best bits montage was lots of stuff jumping in and out the pool and clips of her pratting about during tasks, that's what they tend to do with people who get evicted in the first week because they don't have any footage of them saying or doing anything interesting.

In fairness I don't think any of the other lot deserved 100k either, she's just a bit of a Cameron Stout winner. "Who?"

Exactly.

I cheered when Rachel was announced the winner, but not as loud as the cheer I gave up when Rex was voted out!!!

Rachel completely and utterly deserved to win and the only thing that would have made this BB any better for me would have been to have seen Rex voted out much much earlier. Now he and his hideous g/f can fuck off back to wherever they came from and never darken my tv set again...

o/

The thing is, I feel sorry for Nicole. Unlike most others there, the game clearly wasn't a priority. She came into the house just knowing that Rex had cheated on her, pictures of him with at least 2 different girls in the tabloids and Rex brazenly denying it. It clearly had a deep impact on her, she kept referring to it and kept mentioning how "hurt" she was. Compounded by the fact that Rex was, well, everything Mikey said about him: arrogant, egotistical, controlling, nasty, chauvinistic. Add to that a very demeaning complex. There were a lot of examples but to give one, how he'd command Nicole with a humiliating kind of insolence to "be good to me". I mean you don't even say that to an infant. The worst I'd accuse Nicole is for being infuriatingly naive and a little condescending, but undeserving of the degree of odium from the public, especially as compared with Rex.

Really? That seemed quite mild I thought.

I was hoping it was going to be Mikey being hitwith the ball or whatever it was - can someone link to that please?

Yup that was hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8di2c2CUQ-U...feature=related

"That's fucking piss guys"

Posted this earlier but I love this clip: "I just dont want them to think its called off because i cant seeeeeeeeee" Awww! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZqEVmE48qQ...feature=related

especially how Mario comes in and tries to console him by gently calling him a "legend" in third person :lol:

The thing is, I feel sorry for Nicole. Unlike most others there, the game clearly wasn't a priority. She came into the house just knowing that Rex had cheated on her, pictures of him with at least 2 different girls in the tabloids and Rex brazenly denying it.

I would go further than that. I would say that the producers of Big Brother were downright irresponsible for even asking her to go into the house in the first place. Imagine the psychological torture of seeing those "love cheat" headlines, and yet not being able to talk to Rex about it?

Absolute madness.

I would go further than that. I would say that the producers of Big Brother were downright irresponsible for even asking her to go into the house in the first place. Imagine the psychological torture of seeing those "love cheat" headlines, and yet not being able to talk to Rex about it?

Absolute madness.

Exactly dude, I was quite shocked at how irresponsible BB seemed to be, the girl was in a lot of serious emotional distress in the house. Add to that knowing the public's growing revulsion of her. I'm guessing at the very least they gave her sessions with the psychologist. She had the option to leave but there's already pressure against her doing so and not wanting to damage the ratings of removing the Rex-Nicole train wreck, I'd be very surprised if BB didn't exert a bias towards encouraging her to stay.

Oh, they don't give a toss about people's mental state. Neither Darnell or Alexandra should have been in there, and the same goes for some HMs every series, but they really don't care. BB is just about the most irresponsibly produced show on telly in my opinion. I wish they'd axe it, for the good of all.

They're all adults last time I checked though, and the format has been around long enough for them to know what they're getting themselves in for.

And yes poor Nicole, poor little rich, spoilt princess Nicole. If they had any sympathy for her and felt any responsibility toward her they would have taken her round the back of the house and shot her in the back of the head.

They're all adults last time I checked though, and the format has been around long enough for them to know what they're getting themselves in for.

Rubbish. Just because someone's of a certain age it doesn't mean they're mentally or emotionally capable of dealing with the Big Brother experience and the infamy that accompanies it. Just because you watch the show it doesn't mean you have any idea of what it's like to be on it, let alone what comes after. Tim had to leave the company. People made death threats towards Stuart BB2's family. A number of different housemates have been attacked to varying degrees of severity, yet most of the eighteen-year-olds applying for the show won't have a clue about any of that, and if they did they'd ignore it because they're fame-hungry wannabes.

I mean, look at what happened with Shahbaz a couple years ago. Anyone on the production crew with any sense or decency wouldn't have let him in, but no, they thought he'd be entertaining but in he went.

Can't believe there isn't a final show on tonight.

They usually do to show the housemates on their final day. I love it when you see the winner leave and the house all quiet.

Oh well...at least now my evening's entertainment will not be centered around BB.

Rubbish. Just because someone's of a certain age it doesn't mean they're mentally or emotionally capable of dealing with the Big Brother experience and the infamy that accompanies it. Just because you watch the show it doesn't mean you have any idea of what it's like to be on it, let alone what comes after. Tim had to leave the company. People made death threats towards Stuart BB2's family. A number of different housemates have been attacked to varying degrees of severity, yet most of the eighteen-year-olds applying for the show won't have a clue about any of that, and if they did they'd ignore it because they're fame-hungry wannabes.

I mean, look at what happened with Shahbaz a couple years ago. Anyone on the production crew with any sense or decency wouldn't have let him in, but no, they thought he'd be entertaining but in he went.

I'm not saying it's not horrible going in there and that there's not idiots out there that won't threaten your family etc. though. I'm saying that people should be responsible for themselves and they are. If they choose to ignore some of the downsides to going in because they're fame hungry that's their fault. You have a point about the examples you use from the older BB's, they weren't to know what was gonna happen, but that was when the format was new, it's been around for almost a decade now.

Shebaz might have been a wreck on the show, but that didn't stop him popping up like a wack-a-mole on TV for months after, milking it for all he could. I'm just sad I didn't have the mallet.

Its a weird but they do tell the potential housemates of the risks. Public and press backlashs plus threats and even violence in some cases [ex housemates have posted this on DS forums]. The producers do put some obvious fucking nutters in there though.

Nicole will be fine. Her and Rex spent ages talking about how they were gonna do a big fuck off holiday around the world for months after BB whilst they were both still in the house.

I'm not saying it's not horrible going in there and that there's not idiots out there that won't threaten your family etc. though. I'm saying that people should be responsible for themselves and they are. If they choose to ignore some of the downsides to going in because they're fame hungry that's their fault. You have a point about the examples you use from the older BB's, they weren't to know what was gonna happen, but that was when the format was new, it's been around for almost a decade now.

Shebaz might have been a wreck on the show, but that didn't stop him popping up like a wack-a-mole on TV for months after, milking it for all he could. I'm just sad I didn't have the mallet.

He was an attention-hungry socially-maladjusted hermit with chronic depression, who was put into a television show that's main purpose is to inspire hate in its audience, and allowed to be mercilessly bullied and shunned by the rest of the housemates for a week until producers, prompted by his suicidal behaviour, finally stepped in. To say it was irresponsible of the producers to let him into the house is an understatement. They claimed he'd lied about his mental condition in order to get into the house, but aren't they supposed to have psychologists and researchers to vet potential housemates and make sure people like Shahbaz don't get in?

His continued appearance on TV could either be put down to producers offering him work as some form of apology, or taking advantage of his eagerness for fame to continue making money and boosting ratings.

Most of the people applying for Big Brother are young. They grow up in a culture where famous people are gods, and want nothing more than to be celebrities. We've had schoolkids applying to get in. It's irresponsible putting people that young into such a situation, just as it is putting the mentally ill in, or people with a history of violence. I don't believe the audience can know what it's like to be in the Big Brother house after nine years of it any more than they know what it's like to be in a war after watching countless WW2 newsreels and Generation Kill.

He was an attention-hungry socially-maladjusted hermit with chronic depression, who was put into a television show that's main purpose is to inspire hate in its audience, and allowed to be mercilessly bullied and shunned by the rest of the housemates for a week until producers, prompted by his suicidal behaviour, finally stepped in. To say it was irresponsible of the producers to let him into the house is an understatement. They claimed he'd lied about his mental condition in order to get into the house, but aren't they supposed to have psychologists and researchers to vet potential housemates and make sure people like Shahbaz don't get in?

His continued appearance on TV could either be put down to producers offering him work as some form of apology, or taking advantage of his eagerness for fame to continue making money and boosting ratings.

Most of the people applying for Big Brother are young. They grow up in a culture where famous people are gods, and want nothing more than to be celebrities. We've had schoolkids applying to get in. It's irresponsible putting people that young into such a situation, just as it is putting the mentally ill in, or people with a history of violence. I don't believe the audience can know what it's like to be in the Big Brother house after nine years of it any more than they know what it's like to be in a war after watching countless WW2 newsreels and Generation Kill.

That's not fair, mentioning Generation Kill makes it hard to disagree with anything you say. :lol:

The problem with psychological assesments is that most of it is based on question and answer sessions, and are almost entirely reliant on the subject being honest. Most of the time, there's no blood test for mental illness as I'm sure you know. I agree the producers have a certain moral obligation when it comes to people with big problems like Shebaz, and they did step in, but it's such a grey area, one persons "feeling blue" is another persons bi polar so it must have been hard for them to asses. But when it comes to people like Nicole... I'd say that was different and that they (bloody well should) know what they're signing up or.

You can't absolve people of their personal responsibility because they're young, it's not fair to young adults amongst other things, but for the mentally ill yeah of course I agree. But someone like Nicole is far removed from someone like Shebaz.

I've not posted in this thread but read it with interest, now it's all over I just want to say one thing.

This time next year nobody will really remember any of the housemates (as per usual) bar one.

Rex.

Here's a prediction for you, it won't be too long before Rex turns up on the celebrity chef circuit.

Rex's Kitchen Nightmares!

Ready Steady Rex!

If he wants it, he'll get the gig. And I think he'll want to.