IGNORED

Formula 1 - Codemasters

tyler

I love it! I do find though that whereas on most other circuits I can concentrate on perfecting each lap and ragging the car around, at Monaco I simply have to concentrate on keeping the car off the walls. Can still go pretty quickly there though - won one of my three career wins there :).

Ok so I am only doing this slowly.

I had a great Bahrain, finished 12th, shit Melbourne finished 23rd and now in Malaysia. I qualified in 12th and finding it v difficult to keep my concentration for the entire 17laps. I got done by the pit stop but while in 8th and ended 24th even though half the field didn't pit, but I restarted the race and pitted the next lap after I was expected (thats fixed that issue)

I'm loving the game but finding it difficult to reach my targets but what do you expect in a Lotus.

Klown Kunts it Up In Kuala Lumpa

Boozy Stewart was the butt of all the jokes after this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix. Despite storming into first place in a rain soaked practise and stealing pole in Q3 from Sebastian Vettel, he made a rip roaring arse of the 28 lap race. Sitting comfortably in 3rd place for the duration of the first 10 laps, it all looked like the Lotus driver had turned around his misfortune from when he finished in last place at Albert Park in Melbourne the previous weekend.

Then as the skies turned black and the rain came down McLovin' managed a superb 11th lap pit stop where the car had intermediate tyres put on to cope with the now rain sodden corners. While a dry line remained on the track the Lotus strategy was proving successful. Boozy held onto 1st place through laps 12 - 18 when his Engineer Newky Broon made a call over the team radio. "It's fookin' pissin' doon, ya betta coom in and get some wets on, petal."

The Rainmaster did as suggested and came in for a second pit stop allowing Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber to get past him. As he came out of the pits on to a track that now resembled a duck pond the new driver was heard over the team radio. " Ya daft fukkin' fannies, ye've sent me out with the wrong fukkin tyres!"

True enough Newky broon had managed to put a new set of intermediates on instead of the promised wets. Within a couple of corners the luckless Boozy had managed to spin and slide off resulting in him dropping from 10th to 22nd where he stayed the remainder of the race.

Both the team and the driver were unavailable for comment, but a lot of screams of agony with a geordie accent could be heard coming from the driver's trailer after the race.

Update: The team have been working through a masterlist of issues, and are making good progress. Various issues have been through the preliminary testing process, and once the patch is complete a build will go in for siginificant testing time.

As soon as I have more news, it'll get posted here.

Caldera.

Latest patch news from CM.

To elaborate: I was talking with Karzee how we just didn't like the simulation effect in the grand race last night. The tyre wear, fuel effect and so on certainly make you reconsider your strategy, but they also mean you're constantly changing your driving style. The sweet spot doesn't show up until somewhere on 70 percent of the race, when your next set of tyres are properly warmed up and your fuel level has dropped somewhat.

On the other hand, Time Trial sessions (and online Sprint races) give you constant maximum performance for tyres, fuel load and so on. You're able to constantly drive on the limit, getting in the zone and doing near-perfect laps. To me that's much more enjoyable :)

I can see why the whole simulation effect with tyres and fuel is there though, that's what F1 is partly about after all. It kind of was the same story with Forza Motorsport, with the tyres and the fuel, but also because having to tune your car to be able to fight ahead in online races created another bump - a thing that fortunately isn't that important in F1 2010, but is already starting to show itself more (I was sorely lacking speed on Spa last night, and couldn't get it by just changing the gear ratios).

Being forced to play with a pad, therefor not being able to be as precise with steering and pedal use as with a wheel set-up, doesn't help either :( I still mess up corners every now and then because I can't steer in properly and spin out a lot in tight corners because the travel on a trigger for the throttle is so much shorter.

After the big race and some okay online Sprints, both Karzee and me just had enough. HeyMykie (an acquaintance of Karzee from Blur) was playing Blur, and after a bit of hesitation we joined him - I hadn't played Blur in over a month, and Karzee didn't even know the controls anymore. However, in the first race alone we (or at least I) had even more fun than in the entire night of F1 racing. High speeds, tight battles and constantly finishing in close order is just so much more satisfying to me.

Of course I'll keep playing F1 for a while longer, but I won't stick around for long after the championship. This game has made me realize I'm just not a fan of simulation racers. I can play and judge them, but on the long term, I just like my 'simplistic' arcade racers better.

Bring on Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit! :D

lol - come back to us Joe we all float down here.

post-16788-051398700 1286355118_thumb.jp

I was there last night! Probably won't have much time over the next 10 days to play in the evenings, but might just show up in Blur some more after that.

I know they're two totally different kinds of games, but I'm just trying to put my finger on why I prefer arcade racing games (although with a hint of realism) like Blur over simulations like F1. It's a totally subjective matter, but I'm just interested in who else feels like this (or totally different) for whatever reason.

I know they're two totally different kinds of games, but I'm just trying to put my finger on why I prefer arcade racing games (although with a hint of realism) like Blur over simulations like F1. It's a totally subjective matter, but I'm just interested in who else feels like this (or totally different) for whatever reason.

I enjoy arcade racers like Blur for their simplicity where you can just hold on to accelerate and go round corners any way you like where bashing the side of the road does not make too much difference. But at the same time I love the sim racing where you have to really concentrate on your braking, acceleration, racing line, managing your tyres etc. Last night's online race was a prime example as I don't think I've concentrated so much before! It gives two totally different gaming experiences and I enjoy them both. Soon I'll have F1 and NFS Hot Pursuit which will be perfect!

Not really but we've spoke about this a lot.

The sim game still hasn't been done to any real effect on a console. Everything out there is some piss poor emulation to attract the massmarket and the greatest sim games with the best sim racing cars you'll probably never see ever on a console.

Certainly not on 360 at any rate and i highly doubt GT5 will touch "the other game".

Unless Simbin get their shit together and sort out Lizard for the next Pro Race you might be luckly but its NOT the GMotor 2 engine and sadly it doesn't have the modding community there anyway.

Rfactor has the community....but its the wrong community.

Its a sad state of affairs if you ask me. ISI RF360 along with a 360 version of Bobs track builer, or Modding Dev. DLC just won't happen and frankly there is nobody out there that can touch them and even if they could, they'll still hanker for the Massmarket just like everyone else, or err towards "best" graphics.

ISI know they have a huge community and they can simulate any type of track event and even if they can't, a modder will.

The Massmarket theory that works with games like DiRT2 but simply cannot be applied to the console sim racing community.

Devs to think harder then that.

Arcade wise its another story completely though with plenty of companies doing their own take. Its probably the best time ever to be a racing dev right now.

Unless your Milestone.

But its the same as FPS's - the sim styled ones that should be Arma 2 get dumbed down.

They're "okay" but thats just it....they're okay.

F1 can be as arcadey as you want, just play the sprint mode all the time and set all the damage and simulation gubbins to off in career. Had a fun race at Bahrain where 3 cars crashed, the Renault flying over the other two! Great to watch.

:lol:

i was wondering, to make other teams interested - do i have to be a bellend to lotus, or be nice and then other teams like me too? i've been relatively nice and all the other teams were unhappy with what i was saying in the press, so i just signed another deal instead

^^ just to bump that post a bit as it seemed to get lost with the time trial stuff (or ignored, but i like to think it was the time trial stuff) :D

also, engine swaps - can i do this in career?

Oh, stop being so fucking emo about it. You're starting to sound like me with the "I don't like this game, and you shouldn't either, because I know best what racer I want you to like" bullshit. :P

There are some real nutters online. It's all very well racing side by side, even having a later breaking point resulting in being mini-shunted, but there was this one twat in particular who purposely slammed into whoever was nearing him, whacking them off track.

Oh and let's not forget the one who decided to steam full speed into 3 cars who were all jostling for position approaching a heavy braking corner... WTF?

It depends on the game for me. I can see me loving NFS:HP as much as I loved the Burnout Series, but I also loved Forza, it was just a shame I lost my wheel and couldn't afford the time the game deserved to be competitive on a Monday night.

It depends on the game for me. I can see me loving NFS:HP as much as I loved the Burnout Series, but I also loved Forza, it was just a shame I lost my wheel and couldn't afford the time the game deserved to be competitive on a Monday night.

How did you lose your wheel? That's careless, as it's quite large :o