Formula 1 - Codemasters

that's weird, i've been off loads of times where it just invalidates one lap, so they've found specific points that invalidate both?

Seems to be specific to certain corners, but they can be in the first, second or third sectors! Plenty of them would have no advantage for any other lap. I've cut a corner and had that lap invalidated, which is fair. I've also cut other corners and the next lap is invalid! In Singagpore I tested over shooting the corner that previously got me that penalty and I got the exact same result. It's certainly seems to be set in stone for some parts of the track.

Whilst this is true, and I get your point, it hardly makes it okay does it? It's exactly that attitude that lets developers get away with it.

I know, and you're right. Too much of that, and you'll turn your customers against you.

Quality over quantity. Deadlines are never a good thing either, and that's why games get rushed out...but what can they do? It's either ticking off the publisher, or the customers. It's often a lose/lose situation for these development teams.

It's a sad state of affairs. The real blame comes down to the online connectivity of consoles these days. It's nice that a bug or two can be fixed now whereas in the old days that was it but it's been taken way too much for granted now. Imagine if you didn't have the internet plugged into your console. There must be a lot of people that don't. Effectively, none of those peoples games are finished!

DLC is another thing that pisses me off. It's fine if it's a nice little add-on to an adventure game to give it some more life a year later but why on earth should it be in a sports game? There's no place for it. It's like the developer saying "yeah, here's the other 5% of the game we didn't give you before, give us another tenner for it and you can have the finished version of the game you paid full price for last month, cheers". What makes me sickest of all is that people lap it up like they're getting a treat or something.

Well, Forza 3 had no real bugs so how does that work? Some minor Storefront issues, but that was all.

People are much happier with that. Its a sad fact that this is a pretty fairly incosistant game and the codies arn't that great at updates or DLC.

All this waffle about best F1 game....my hairy arse....

360 devs should be hitting this...

I don't care that its pay per month or whatever, there's no reason why a console dev can't do the same, short of having a lower res.

And don't anyone tell me that just because its a sim it's too hard....coz thats poo.

Because you'd work it out and then you'd enjoy it.

Right, who's up for a good race at Singapore tonight? :) Recreation of the exciting real life race this afternoon!

So how many of you will forfeit out of the rllmuk F1 championship now that the backlash has begun? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't exactly call it backlash, haven't seen that many forumites saying it's a bad game. It's very enjoyable, but has a large number of flaws, mostly bugs. It's up to Codies if they'll fix that.

Still, this game certainly could have used another month or two of development time.

Right, who's up for a good race at Singapore tonight? :) Recreation of the exciting real life race this afternoon!

So that's 10 laps of utter boredom before the action starts? :)

I'm up for that. It will be my last night using the pad too, unless the wheel turns out to be shit.

Seems to be specific to certain corners, but they can be in the first, second or third sectors! Plenty of them would have no advantage for any other lap. I've cut a corner and had that lap invalidated, which is fair. I've also cut other corners and the next lap is invalid! In Singagpore I tested over shooting the corner that previously got me that penalty and I got the exact same result. It's certainly seems to be set in stone for some parts of the track.

Forza does the same thing if it's variable distance before the start/finish straight, presumably to stop any advantage on the next lap. Just sometimes it tends to be way further back than makes logical sense...

Incidentally, the OnlineRaceDriver review of F1 2010 is now online - I'd be interested in what you guys think of it, and having not played it yet myself, I'd be interested in putting together a list of all the bugs you've all found, and making sure we haven't missed anything...

All this waffle about best F1 game....my hairy arse....

360 devs should be hitting this...

I don't care that its pay per month or whatever, there's no reason why a console dev can't do the same, short of having a lower res.

And don't anyone tell me that just because its a sim it's too hard....coz thats poo.

Because you'd work it out and then you'd enjoy it.

I would, and it looks great (but a bit cel-shaded). Pay per month is a bit...dunno...'extra'. :s

I have to do some work as well, so we could start a race at 10:15 PM UK time. Let's see how things go and who can stay up that late for some games.

Oh bloody hell. Do your work on weekdays, Sundays is relaxing day.

I'm off to bed in 30 minutes. I'll kick your arse another day. ;)

I would, and it looks great (but a bit cel-shaded). Pay per month is a bit...dunno...'extra'. :s

Fait point - but this is the difference between sim and massmarket and i get awfully frustated that the purity of the game is being removed to appeal to lots of people. On console at least.

I honestly think people like sims more then they realise. You know?

Like arcade games are fine...but theres a massive gap. We're only seeing the bottom half of a glass.

I just had a quick play with F1 2010 and it doesn't cater for deaf gamers with engineer's dialect to driver.

Disappointing. I will have to use steering wheel for this game.

I've been trying to get a nice time in Spa in the Time Trial for hours today, and I can only agree more. You simply can't get the maximum out of the car with a pad because a steering and pedals are way more precise than a joystick and two triggers. Assists help a lot in terms of keeping you on-track. but going for the fastest time simply isn't possible.

I'm off to bed in 30 minutes. I'll kick your arse another day. ;)

You said that yesterday as well :lol:

Arrghh thought I pulled an awesome lap in Singapore, only the rest of the rllmukers to be 3-7 seconds faster!

And the guy on the top of the world leaderboard, baby something, apparently did the track in 7 seconds... loaded his ghost and I was 1m 40s behind :facepalm:

p2609102109.jpg

Dayte, did you have to show off my incompetence to a wider audience! Oh, the humiliation. I've actually managed to slowly whittle my Singapore time down to 1:45 now, seems I may finally be getting to grips with this game. Well, I hope, although getting a good time on Spa for the rllmuk time trial is proving pretty challenging.