Formula 1 - Codemasters

:bye: ...although regrettably.

Thanks for replying...if there are more people forfeiting, please let me know via PM (which would be the decent thing to do, as Tyler and I have done a lot of work organising it).

No hard feelings, just a 'fair enough'. :)

Also another for the list..its really annoying not being able to see the starting lights when at the back of the grid... yes I know I should qualify further up the field, but Im sure in real F1 they dont have to just wait until they see the car infront start moving :P

There's a massive horn BEEEPPP when the lights go off...what's your point? ;)

Also, which game comes out bug-less these days?

Codemasters definitely need to release an official statement on the F1 2010 website to help calm the situation, explaining why these bugs are present and what they are going to do to fix them. There has been one hell of a backlash on the Codemasters forums.

I see Helios has been offline for a while on here. I think he needs to read this thread asap as he has some hard work ahead of him!

So how many of you will forfeit out of the rllmuk F1 championship now that the backlash has begun? :rolleyes:

I'm still in! The game does feel great to play, and obviously with a field of real people, a.i problem are a non-issue.

But, I do feel ripped off to be honest. I usually wait for the price of games to drop a little as I don't have much disposable income, so it sticks in the throat when I feel like a company have purposely ripped me off.

Codemasters definitely need to release an official statement on the F1 2010 website to help calm the situation, explaining why these bugs are present and what they are going to do to fix them. There has been one hell of a backlash on the Codemasters forums.

I see Helios has been offline for a while on here. I think he needs to read this thread asap as he has some hard work ahead of him!

The man's on honeymoon at the moment. :s

I'm still in! The game does feel great to play, and obviously with a field of real people, a.i problem are a non-issue.

But, I do feel ripped off to be honest. I usually wait for the price of games to drop a little as I don't have much disposable income, so it sticks in the throat when I feel like a company have purposely ripped me off.

First DLC should be free to make up for all this, really.

First DLC should be free to make up for all this, really.

I'd heard a rumour that they've already said they won't be doing any DLC?

edit: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/levelup/a264034/live-blog-gamescom-2010-f1-2010-conference.html

"10:37: Now for the question and answer session. There will be no downloadable content for F1 2010, but it's something to consider for future years."

Thanks for replying...if there are more people forfeiting, please let me know via PM (which would be the decent thing to do, as Tyler and I have done a lot of work organising it).

No hard feelings, just a 'fair enough'. :)

.. I should add a cheers to you both for organising it all.. cant be the easiest.

There's a massive horn BEEEPPP when the lights go off...what's your point? ;)

Is there.. I must have been too busy reving the bollocks off the engine in anticipation.

Yeah granted its becoming an all too familiar situation.. However this game really does raise the bar! A number of issues around MP has become almost an acceptable norm, but to have so many in the main SP Career (which to "most" makes up the bulk of the game) is just in-excusible!

Anyway Ive banged on about it for too long now.. Im sure you all get the point :)

.. I should add a cheers to you both for organising it all.. cant be the easiest.

:wub:

Uhoh. I bought this yesterday, mainly for the single player career mode, and then come into this thread to read that the game is borderline broken. That said, I enjoyed my quick blast around Bahrain last night. Any other novices fancy a few races on 360 tonight?

I'm a novice! Let's race tonight! Are you on the rllmukF1 list?

:doh:

yeah yeah...I know now.

Fair point, but some of these bugs are complete gamebreakers and, considering the game has been out for only a couple of days, seem like the easy kind to track down and reproduce. Releasing a game in this state while it must have been known that it was riddled with bugs is just contempt for your customers.

Now fair enough if you don't care about the career mode, but it has put me right off as I find the single player just as important as any online shenanigans.

Fair point, but some of these bugs are complete gamebreakers and, considering the game has been out for only a couple of days, seem like the easy kind to track down and reproduce. Releasing a game in this state while it must have been known that it was riddled with bugs is just contempt for your customers.

Now fair enough if you don't care about the career mode, but it has put me right off as I find the single player just as important as any online shenanigans.

Fair enough, and rightly so.

Now if you'll all excuse me...I'm going to attempt beating Harns' time on Spa now. He beat me by one tenth of a second, that bastard!

Not yet, I'll send a friend request. Problem is I imagine you guys that have had the game for a few days will be reasonably competent, while I'll be mainly parked in gravel.

Nah you'll be fine. Even the best guys ending up facing the wrong way or crashing into each other a couple of nights back :)

I'd heard a rumour that they've already said they won't be doing any DLC?

edit: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/levelup/a264034/live-blog-gamescom-2010-f1-2010-conference.html

"10:37: Now for the question and answer session. There will be no downloadable content for F1 2010, but it's something to consider for future years."

Yes, no DLC but they can release a fix/patch to sort out the issues.

Time trial mode, anyone have any idea why at certain points if you run off track you get a 'next lap invalid' rule?

I can understand that lap being invalid, but the next one! I was having a quick blast around Singapore last night and not knowing the track at all twice I over shot the same corner about half way through the lap, and both times it made the following lap invalid. WTF!

It's due to the fact that you could potentially run wide on the last corner in a way that would give you a greater straight line speed for the start line, which would give you an advantage on the next lap. It's just implemented haphazardly. It should be for the last corner only, and only for certain tracks really.

It's due to the fact that you could potentially run wide on the last corner in a way that would give you a greater straight line speed for the start line, which would give you an advantage on the next lap. It's just implemented haphazardly. It should be for the last corner only, and only for certain tracks really.

It certainly is. I was halfway around Monza and ran a little wide - game told me the next lap was invalid!

Ah, so it's just another bug. Random coners mid lap that will invalidate the next lap if you cut/over-run them.

Sadly, it seems to be more to do with haphazard implementation rather than a bug. It seems as though they dropped the feature into the game (to avoid the aforementioned problem of having an advantage on the next lap) but spent no time testing/tweaking to make sure it works well. Another manifestation of time constraints causing problems it seems.

Picked this up yesterday and although I found myself enjoying the game it was a massively disappointing experience. Inconsistent framerate on the 360 version, poor graphics even when compared to other Codemasters racing titles, terribly limited A.I, awful pre and post event presentation, pit stops, fuel and tyre management all completely broken and so many of the promised features completely missing.

I remember around four months ago reading an interview with one of the game producers where he talked in great detail about how you would be able to feel subtle changes in the grip levels of the track, explaining how individual puddles were accurately mapped out, how you would have to maintain wet lines to prevent tires from going off, and even feel the track rubbering in, then discovering in the final product that even a soaking wet track makes very little difference to overall lap times.

There is a good game trying to get out, and at times it can be very enjoyable, but what a disappointment. And a word of warning to anyone expecting everything to be made good in a patch, another Codemasters title which was severely broken at launch, another game that promised far more than it delivered, Fuel, was never fixed.

i thought it worked just like forza and if you went off the track in a way that would usually invalidate your lap in the final sector, it then invalidates that lap & the next one?

It is. It depends on the track, and where on it you could be taking advantage of a shortcut to start your next lap with an advantage...but it's usually in the entire last sector where the rule applies. I think the whole penalty system works better than Forza 3's.

My first two races I had it set on easy, I came 1st in Q and R on the first race, 8th and 1st on the second race. Weird, but that soon changed. Now I'm down in 14th for qualifying and struggling to finish up the grid due to epic pit stops and various race f*ck ups. For example, coming round a corner to see vehicles going sideways and everybody in a pile, slam into them, 10 second penalty, cheers. Double block from driver in front causing collision? 10 second penalty, evasive action, that's cutting corners, 10 sec. Race a minted race, no contact, no corner cutting, clip a tiny bit of corner, spin out, 5th > 24th WTF, REALLY?

I suppose I should be thankful that my initial thoughts of it being too easy are unfounded, but it's not making this a really enjoyable ride. Also, seriously, give us a fucking option to skip the yakking. Grid and McRae (lol aye) both bugged the tits off me with their inane chatter that I had no interest in.

On the flip side, the online I've played has been really enjoyable as the field is level. I've had a couple of pro type races with minimal contact and no line etc, also no assists which make the amount of cars going sideways on the track enough to raise a laugh, and a few all on races which involve full contact and fucking about.

i thought it worked just like forza and if you went off the track in a way that would usually invalidate your lap in the final sector, it then invalidates that lap & the next one?

Yup, invalidates that lap and the next one. It's not even limited to going off in the final sector either.