Formula 1 - Codemasters

I agree the pit stops seem bugged. Just came a storming 8th in the Lotus from last on the grid in the second race of career mode but should have been better. Stopped on lap 4 whilst 16th, pit stop finished and lollipop man let everyone pass and I came out 24th! It just seems too overcrowded when you pit. Apart from this, I'm loving it!

I'm sure I read somewhere that there will be no patches for this game.

I read the opposite - somewhere (maybe even CM-pages).

Another quick question: can you have the Geordie shouting in your ear with the bluetooth headset on? Can somebody verify this? THX

If they don't patch this then I'll certianly be trading it in, and avoiding any Codemasters games in future until they are bargin bin and any issues known about. These issues are not minor problems in single player.

Are we expecting any patches though? I don't recall that Codemasters are the kind of publishers that offer a lot of patches/updates during the lifecycle of their products. At least, I don't remember seeing any significant updates for the DiRT games for example.

My birthday is November 2nd by the way :)

If the majority of your time is wanting to play through the career mode, I'd hold off buying it until new of what's going to be done patch wise is sorted. If you plan mostly on time trials and online it's probably safe to buy.

F1 2010 Chief Games designer has said the following via the Codemasters forum:

Pit-Stop Issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for the rapid feedback on this. We really appreciate the details and, now that the team are returning from their short holiday, have started an immediate investigation into the cause. Just to clarify that this is most likely a bug with the pit stop release system being overly cautious, which is compounded by the limited pit stop strategy window in short race distances, rather than any form of intentional rubberbanding. Here’s a workaround for now, while we investigate further: -

Altering Your Race Strategy

By interacting with the ‘Tyre’ stack menu in the garage prior to a race you can adjust your default pit strategy. By making any of the following changes then this problem will be significantly less likely to occur as you will stop yourself from pitting on the same lap as the majority of the AI:

1) Increase or decrease your first pit stop by a lap from the pre-set default

2) Reverse your strategy to start the race on the prime tyres rather than the options, which will allow you to get significantly later in the race before having to make your pit stop (you’ll notice a recommended number of laps for each tyre compound, which will help you determine what lap to make your pit stop). This will require you to alter the both tyres which you start the race on and the pit stop tyres as well as your intended pit stop lap.

3) Alternatively you could also carry on with your default race strategy but choose to ignore the lap where the Race Engineer calls you in and select to pit on the subsequent lap. This is what I tend to do.

Altering Your Race Distance

The more you increase your default race distance up from 20%, the less likely this will occur as the AI will have much larger windows in which to make their stops rather than all coming in on the same lap, as well as the distances between the field becoming much more widely spread.

This issue is almost certainly less likely to be an issue in Multiplayer since the problem’s frequency is a function of how many people are in the pits at once, and your position in the garage line-up.

We'll be back when we've got some more details on this but rest assured we are looking into it.

Probably a good idea to rebuy the gane in future, by the sound of that - if they're merely 'looking into it' it'll be a while before a patch can be rolled out, especially considering the other issues which need addressing. A trade for Dead Rising 2 tomorrow, in my case, I think.

I feel like I just got screwed by my pit crew in Bahrain, I started on the Option, pitted early to get ahead of the game, they put option tires on. I though it was odd, but assumed the game knew what it was doing, was called in on the second last lap to change to prime tires... Last place.

As he says though just pit a lap earlier or later. I've had no issue due to doing this. People are over reacting slightly I feel. I'm loving the single player in this.

If that were the only issue it would be workable. That the AI are immune to varying fuel loads and tyre wear is unforgivable.

I think other than time trailing I'll be sticking to Dead Rising 2 until they sort out career mode... It really is a bloody joke tried it again earlier and got screwed over for the final time!

Seriously how did this issue pass testing?

I think other than time trailing I'll be sticking to Dead Rising 2 until they sort out career mode... It really is a bloody joke tried it again earlier and got screwed over for the final time!

Seriously how did this issue pass testing?

The problems are blatent, no way QA would have missed those. I'd put serious money that the team at Codies knew about these things and had been told to ship anyway.

The engine sound is another minor gripe. It sounds awful at the end of a straight or if you leave it in a lower gear too long.

Eh? If you're over-revving then an F1 engine sounds like that. Up the gear ratios if it annoys you.

I assume windows & xbox Live can't race each other?

Fuckin' hell, Choddo. Were you born yesterday? :lol:

Superfical.

superfiscal.

:unsure:

Yeah it really penalises you for trying to turn and brake at the same time, more so than GT!

According to the wise Forza Motorsport 3 loading screen tips: "friction used for braking can't be used for turning".

What, do you only brake once you're in a corner (rather than before it) in a real car as well? :rolleys:

Yet someone, somewhere, called it the most realistic simulation ever?

Good man. +1. :)

Is it this one?

5680724A66UC294048X.jpg

Because I just bought it

Do you connect it to the mains? (if not, it hasn't got force-feedback, only rumble feedback)

Right bought this for the ps3

Is it my setup, or does it look, I dunno, a bit sparse???

It seems to be running in a much lower res than 1080i, posisbly 480p???

My mate bought it for his PS3 as well, and he said the same thing. I did a bit of searching and it seems the PS3 version apparently looks inferior to the 360 version. The Red Dead Redemption trend continues...

You've read the developer's feedback by now, so you won't need any patches either.

As he says though just pit a lap earlier or later. I've had no issue due to doing this. People are over reacting slightly I feel. I'm loving the single player in this.

People are overreacting. I've had the bugs and it didn't affect my game much. Watch your map for traffic in the pits; do another lap if it's crowded.

So has anyone got anything good to say about it? I really enjoyed my 3 practise and qualifying sessions at Bahrain. I'm going for a 50% race distance on Professional difficulty, am I now guaranteed to be disappointed and throw my toys out the pram too ?

I think you really need to bring a lot of enthusiasm for F1 to this game. You need to get a buzz when you see the big names, get jazzed about being on those tracks and be slightly forgiving of a few problems and consider that its Codies first in a series and focus on the good stuff.

I have to give a mention to the sound. In my admittedly short time with the game I started out on the track pretty much on my own but before long I was tearing down straights alongside Alonso and spinning out in front of Jensen. My 5.1 headphones delivered and I was really digging the audio from the cars when up close and hearing them in the distance.

BARGAIN BIN.

You suckers got screwed.

Operation Flashpoint anyone?

And you can just fuck off. Twat.

Lets face it when it's good it's good, but the AI and pit stop bugs are an issue. I wouldn't have played through three GP weekends had there not been some things I loved about it.

It's kind of like playing a great football game and you're wining 1 - 0 at half-time and having a great time, but some error in the game see's it restart at 1 - 3 down every single time. In this you drive well, you feel great, but then these bugs occur and despite all that's happened you feel cheated and fustrated.

It frustrates me because practice and quail just nail the F1 feel really well, and then the cracks start to show in the actual race!

Especially when you've put the time in to play a full race weekend, qualified in a good position, then it all goes to shit due to something totally out of your control.

I see why everyone was getting pole and winning with a Lotus now. I turned fuel and tyre sim off and got the same results.

I'm just gonna have fun with it as an arcade F1 racer for now and learn the tracks. Hopefully it'll get patched but I suspect they'll miss a lot of the issues - the CPU not being affected by tyres etc is the killer. It means I have to turn it off to compete and that means I can just do all but one lap on the option tyres. Bit silly.

I don't actually own any 360 games that were finished when they were released at the moment. Shocking state of affairs these days. I doubt FIFA's gonna change that either.

Whilst I am still loving this, 5 completely wet races in (even Catalunya ffs!) it appears to be monsoon season everywhere on Earth!

Plus, fuck the chicane right at the end of the Catalunya circuit, I can bounce all over the kerbs through every other corner on the circuit but not this one?

P.S. I am aware I need to be less shit

This game is totally the digital version of a slightly ugly chav who's dynamite in bed. Massive flaws, not particularly nice to look at at most people won't look twice, but holy shit when it is good, it's funking good.

Shall join you folks for some races in the next week!

So it seems that the AI cars - now it would appear even in the race itself, not just P/Q - are not connected to the times posted. Essentially, you are 'racing the cars' but the lap times they post are a complete fabrication. It's clearly not a bug...it's just a bizarre design choice to present an illusion. I suppose this accounts for the lack of split times...Where the game isn't bugged it's all smoke and mirrors. :(

Great racing engine, great weather etc, etc. But all in all...