Formula 1 - Codemasters

When something happens out of your control that wrecks your race, do you guys restart straight away or try to deal with it?

In my third ever race (Malaysia); a Force India spun 180 in front of me on the penultimate lap on the apex of turn 1. I locked my brakes in shock and went straight into him, knocking my front wing off. I was so angry I restarted the whole race, but then felt a bit guilty for some reason, like I cheated.

Racing incident man. I'm loving no flashbacks. Did my 1st race in Bahrain on legendary difficulty no flashbacks. Managed pole & the win. The main race being in the pissing race, as you do in Bahrain.

2nd race in Melbourne was much harder. The ferrari's where dominating. They locked out the front row with me qualifying 4th. Come the race I had a good start and got up to 3rd & then 2nd by the end of the 1st lap. Did I mention this was in the pissing rain again??? So I'm gradually catching Alonso who took pole but I have a big off. I manage to get back on the track with no damage thankfully but now I've got massa in 3rd right up my trumpet & Alonso racing off into the distance. The rain stopped halfway through the race but the whole field had pitted and were still on inters. By the last 3 laps my inters were fucked all red & I was really struggling to keep it on the road. Alonso was 10 secs ahead & Massa was 1 second behind. I really wanted to pit for options and try & blast through the field, but with only 3 laps to do it & it being damp off line i bottled it & just held on for 2nd place.

Incredible race. Once again confirming itself as my GOTY!

Also not a bad start to defending my WDC in my 1st season & Red Bull. Alonso is looking fast though :twisted:

I want to buy this. Has it been patched so it is now playable... or is it still a buggy mess with no pit stops etc etc? I've been stung by Codemasters and their shonky release attitudes before, it shall not happen again.

It was near perfect before, it's pure awesome now. It was never the unplayable buggy mess that people talked of.

ok i'm annoyed to say this but i've got to have my 1st real grumble at this game.

1. not actually the games fault but i fucking hate Kuala Lumpa. In cockpit view its just a nightmare, you can't see any corners or apex's. I qualified in 17th, finished the race in 14th. C'est la vie.

2. Now this is 100% the games fault. Qualified 4th for China. Not a bad result, not the best but enough. (Please remember i'm racing on legendary with no flashbacks & full fuel, tyre sim). Like KL if i get a shit result, that's what i get.) So the race starts & i have an awesome start, but the end of the 2nd corner i've taken the lead :wub: I hold the lead clocking fastest lap after fastest lap as the fuel runs down. So i pit when the team asks me to. Pit in but i'm held for an extra 5 seconds or so as the rest of field comes in at the same time FFFFUUU, but not reeeeaaallly the games fault. So i come back out and race as i was. I have a good tussle with Lewis for a while, but eventually pass him for 3rd with Vettel & Rosberg in front who haven't pitted AND NEVER FUCKING DO :quote: I'm catching them every lap. By the end of the race i have a 25sec gap down to 3seconds. Rosberg started in 9th yet jumped to 2nd. WTF. I finished 3rd in a race that i dominated from start to finish. Not happy with that at all. :hmm:

I'll take it on the chin as i enjoy the championship being close, but if it happens again i will be extra grumpy.

i agree the driving experience is 2nd to none! The above post is the 1st time i've experienced a major bug that's actually annoyed me & considering the time i've put in on it that's not too bad.

For me a see 2010 as a slightly rushed job that has just nailed the overall feeling & gameplay by a country mile. Hopefully 2011 brings that & the polish.

Pit in but i'm held for an extra 5 seconds or so as the rest of field comes in at the same time FFFFUUU, but not reeeeaaallly the games fault. So i come back out and race as i was.

I've been held for over ten seconds in races where I pitted at the same time as the pack, I pit 2 laps early or 2 laps late in every race now. VERY annoying.

Hhhhhmmmm I think I'm done with the offline sp on this. Catalunyan is a joke. The cars are unrealistically faster than you & just disappear off into the distance on legendary. Did the race, pitted for 6seconds while in 3rd came out in 11th did the rest of the field pit??? Did it fuck, got myself up to 7th but what a joke. :facepalm:

According to the folks on the code masters forum the AI still isn't affected by fuel sim. So that's getting turned off. I still love this game to bits, buts it's frustrating when a bug robs you of the result you've earned like my last 2 races. At least online everyone is in the same boat.

Other than winning races, how are you all dealing with the interviews? I am getting close toward the end of a new first season and am currently second in the championship (I'm on course to win it though), but yet again find myself with no offers for better drives. The usual suspects of Virgin and Sauber have made offers, but that is it.

It is my third time of starting a career now, with the hope of getting a better seat for the second season, but no matter what I try, I usually end up with offers from the low end teams :/

Ahh didn't know about the rival thing. Last season I did I chose Button (and got the achievement for picking the strongest rival) but he beat me in the championship. I am close to having to pick a rival again I think. Last race I did was Hungary I believe (was a couple of weeks ago so I could be wrong) so I'm way past the half way stage.

Hard init :o

Hmmmm I didn't found it as hard as I hoped for to be honest with you. Just go easy on the throttle until the suspension has balanced out (if a bump was taken) and you've got a straight line ahead of ye again. Smoothness is the word here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...