Crank 2 : High Voltage - Statham, Smart & Haim!

Goose

Kermode does like Stathams films but he was incredibly non plussed about the original Crank and I could see some stuff in the sequel rubbing him up the wrong way as it's so over the top with a complete disregard for everyone :)

It seems almost every week that he mentions Stathams' oily torso in Transporter.

Just back from watching it, i loved it the wife thought it was the worst film shes ever seen, she did find some of it funny and some of it repulsive at the same time

was Chev as much of a cockney in the first one?

so what was in the cooler

Yeah, he was just as much in the first. As for the

cooler, fuck knows. Draw your own conclusion a la Pulp Fiction. I reckon it was his mothers head or something. OR a penis.

Just got back from watching it, and even though I thought it was good, I don't think it matched up to the original. They seem to have changed how it is filmed to a split between still cams and handheld cameras in the first, to majority handhelds in the sequel which made some parts a bit difficult to watch (flashing between shots and wierd angles). In the first film its plausibility, while small, was still there... but the second seems to have just gone way over the edge, and I kept expecting Chev to suddenly gain the ability to fly and starting lifting cars with his bare arms. The sex scene in it just felt awkward and unnecessarily prolonged, leaving quite a few members in the cinema shifting in their seats uncomfortably or leaving to go to the toilet. In comparison, the first films sex scene was relatively short and I thought flowed a lot better with the premise behind the film, as well as the simple shock factor which was lost in the second.

The ending was just, well... left me with a bad impression on the film. I am not saying everything is bad, as the first hour was quite fun and had pretty much everything that you want from it, but I feel its not up there with the first. Overall I would give it a 6-7/10, vs the 9/10 I would give for the original.

I'm pleased with the responses the film is getting from the forum. I was hoping it was going to be bat shit crazy, and it sounds as thought it doesn't disappoint. I loved the first one. It's fooking crazy, but if you just accept it, it's a cracking fun film. I'm not sure my Doris will like it, but I'll drag her along anyway ;)

Funnily enough Kermode actually seems to love Statham's movies. He didn't totally hate the first one.

He takes them as they are, just B movies that are just trying to entertain their target audience, weheras he rightly slates pish by Seth Rogan and Judd Apatow as complete shite.

It's offensive to pretty much every man, woman, child and especially grandmother on the planet, utterly, utterly ridiculous.

It's also magnificent. Even more entertaining than the first. The first half was a lot like Crank and then suddenly it was like a madman was set loose on the film.

CHEVZILLA!