rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Dimahoo

Whats your favorite Jackie Chan film/stunt?

Yeah, wasn't he supposed to land on a car? Even the non-fuck-ups are pretty much snuff stunts anyway, I think the director just decided to spice the stunt up a notch and 'forgot' to tell the performers.

they didn't account for the way that buses break differently to cars (it jerks and then stops) and so the stuntmen inside jumped at the first jerk and it was all mistimed and Jackie Chan had to just hold it for the end of that take so that they could at least use the take. I think it's in one of Jackie Chan's documentaries on stunts.

Actually anyone remember the name of that (model!!!) racing film where Jackies freinds house (a mobile home) gets picked up by a crane and shaken about?

That was superb - theres also a good fight in a pachinko arcade

Actually anyone remember the name of that (model!!!) racing film where Jackies freinds house (a mobile home) gets picked up by a crane and shaken about?

That was superb - theres also a good fight in a pachinko arcade

Oh - another movie I really enjoy is Thunderbolt - in which he plays a race car driver (but then I have a soft spot for Anita Yuen in it ;)). Not so much fighting but the scene in the garage is pretty cool (though what's not cool is when he's in the portacabin that's being smashed about by the crane that's picked it up and he's walking on broken glass - ouchies).

;)

The VCD of Thunderbolt that I have features Anita Yuen playing the drumkit - alas this seems to be cut from the movie itself :(

A much better movie that Stallone's racing one that's for sure.

;)

The VCD of Thunderbolt that I have features Anita Yuen playing the drumkit - alas this seems to be cut from the movie itself ;)

A much better movie that Stallone's racing one that's for sure.

The part I remember the most from Thunderbolt is the bit Afterbirth mentioned at the end, when he fights the Yakuza in a pachinko parlour, with some nasty landings on the machine. I think that bit also has a trampoline in it for some reason.

The Mall scene in Police Story:

in which he jumps off the top floor of the mall, down a line of fairy lights (giving himself major burns on the way) and also the bit with the motorbike.

Also the scene where he's trying to eat noodles and answer phones at the same time, which is just brilliant :(

And the whole shanty town car chase / bus scene.

In fact, most of Police Story in general.

The part I remember the most from Thunderbolt is the bit Afterbirth mentioned at the end, when he fights the Yakuza in a pachinko parlour, with some nasty landings on the machine. I think that bit also has a trampoline in it for some reason.

Not a trampoline as such but it was the suspended ceiling attachment in which they were having that fight ;)

The Mall scene in Police Story:
in which he jumps off the top floor of the mall, down a line of fairy lights (giving himself major burns on the way) and also the bit with the motorbike.

Also the scene where he's trying to eat noodles and answer phones at the same time, which is just brilliant :P

And the whole shanty town car chase / bus scene.

In fact, most of Police Story in general.

The noodle/ telephone scene always cracks me up - using the rubber at the end to clean it then he mistakenly eats them off of both of the pencils beofe realising and trying to spit them out ;)

Police Story 3 was good - when he's hanging off of the helicopter ladder and his privates just about avoid a long chinmey stack. How they got away with playing a track from Danny Elfman's Batman original movie score is beyond me.

Police Story 3 was good - when he's hanging off of the helicopter ladder and his privates just about avoid a long chinmey stack. How they got away with playing a track from Danny Elfman's Batman original movie score is beyond me.

It makes me laugh in God of Gamblers (not a JC film but still..) when they do a montage sequence pretty much to "Raindrops Keep Fallin on My Head" but it's about one note different so they won't have to pay anything.

Just saw The Forbidden Kingdom today, his new one with Jet Li. I really enjoyed it. Plenty of entertaining fights, some good laughs including

Jet pissing on Jackie's head :)

. I just wish they'd got round to doing this years ago...

Operation Condor was Armour of God 2 so which one did you think was amazing? Or did you mean both movies?

I've yet to see a non dubbed version of Operation Condor - the voiceovers for that were awful :(

I found we have a few threads on Jackie Chan retiring from action movies, but this seems to be the most recent one about his best films.

The action movie YouTube channel Rossatron talks about the final fight scene in Drunken Master 2 - which I finally saw when it turned up on LoveFilm streaming in 2012, several years after my previous post in this thread!

• Upvote 4

That's an amazing scene. I'm a huge Jackie Chan fan and somehow only found out about Robin B Hood last year, which although isn't great, it's always good to see him and Yuen Biao together. 

It's very silly but it's at least Hong Kong movie silly from around the time he was doing all the shit like tuxedo and spy next door or whatever rubbish it was. 

If you can find "Jackie chan - my stunts" it's worth a watch too, it's probably on YouTube, I bought it on vcd 20 years ago now but it's a pretty good little behind the scenes type thing even if also very staged. 

Oh and on a general Jackie note, if you only ever saw the "proper" dub or even subtitled version of the original police story you're missing out on some amazing unintentional comedy voice talent.

Oh and although I could witter on about Jackie and kung fu movies for ages, if any other fans reading this thread and especially those that liked Yuen Biao, you should watch prodigal son too, has some fantastic acrobatic fights and has "big brother" Sammo Hung in it. 

As well as a brilliantly daft fake kung fu lesson based on wiping your arse.

You'd never get that from Stallone or Arnie :P

• Upvote 1

Project A is probably my all time fave Jackie Film (aside from Shanghai Noon just cos I got to meet him and work on the film)

Miracles: The Canton Godfather has a really well choreographed fight scene in the middle. But is relatively unforgettable otherwise.

There is one that I believe is in a commercial kitchen.  I remember seeing outtakes where he actually hurts himself a few times, can anyone tell me what film that is?

Everything from 8:36 of this video, but especially the main factory sight scene. Sheer genius. Some fucking mental stunts too, even though in this film Jackie was more of a serious action star than a comedy guy so he isn't doing the craziest stunts. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Which one does he fall through the awnings down the side of the building? Is that armour of god?

Project A