rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Davros sock drawer

Flight of the Conchords Appreciation Thread

I think I'll have to get the DVD of this only caught odds and ends on TV and loved it and plus Davros' enthusiasm for it has made me want to watch it more

One song sticks in my head, something about being the hottest girl on the street or definitely in the top 10?

I think I'll have to get the DVD of this only caught odds and ends on TV and loved it and plus Davros' enthusiasm for it has made me want to watch it more

One song sticks in my head, something about being the hottest girl on the street or definitely in the top 10?

"And when you're in the street, depending on the street, bet you are definitely in the top 3...good looking girls on the street (depending on the street)"

That's in episode 1.

There's also:

"And I can't believe, that I'm sharing a kebab with the most beautiful girl I have ever seen with a kebab"

"And when you're in the street, depending on the street, bet you are definitely in the top 3...good looking girls on the street (depending on the street)"

That's in episode 1.

There's also:

"And I can't believe, that I'm sharing a kebab with the most beautiful girl I have ever seen with a kebab"

SOLD

I can't remember the last time I had a kebab

I watched that episode again the other day, and what tickled me this time that I hadn't noticed before, is that all the lyrics are a twisted form of what Bret tells Jemaine about Koko in their flat.

"Yeah, what else?"

"She likes food? Her flatmate's called Stuart?"

"Yeah, this is all good stuff..."

And that somehow becomes her "Being lewd with two dudes with food". :)

Also, another Murray-ism I just remembered:

"Murray, have we got a gig?"

"I've got an answer for that...(checks notes)...no"

I think it's testament to the writing that all of those are retroactively put into the dialogue of that scene; they performed the song (with almost unchanged lyrics) on the live circuit before they had the show. I only noticed that second time round though. Looking forward to the new series this year.

Hmmm, the album doesn't really work out of context. Live it's different because you have a bit of preamble, but I might as well just listen to the shows without the visuals. Some of the musical differences are a bit jarring as well, like the new basslines on Business Time.

Some of the album tracks are lifted straight from the show (eg. Bret You've got it going on) and some are re-recordings. The re-recording of Robots is weaker than both the short version on the show, and the live versions I've seen, which is a minor shame. It's still generally ace, but just not as well delivered or paced.

Hmmm, the album doesn't really work out of context. Live it's different because you have a bit of preamble, but I might as well just listen to the shows without the visuals. Some of the musical differences are a bit jarring as well, like the new basslines on Business Time.

YOU KNOW WHEN I'M DOWN TO MY SOCKS IT'S TIME FOR BUSINESS THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CALLED BUSINESS SOCKS OOOH

PS - Silent Runner, you've got "Bowie" still to come in episode 6...

That whole episode was great; all the best bits have been mentioned in the thread but I especially loved the photo conversation with Murray.

I like that photo. It’s got great energy.

But you’re not in it.

Ha! Yeah, that's great.

"I mean, this one here you're not in, and this one here you're in...but you shouldn't be"

Also, the way Murray says "Heavens!" when Bret fall on the floor because he's wearing an eye patch has become a bit of a household phrase.

That's odd, when I looked on Amazon the other day the album "Flight of the Conchords" (which is the music from the TV show) wasn't out until May... else I would have bought it.

As it is, this thread has pushed me dangerously close to buying the DVDs. Even though I haven't got time to watch them.

I bought the album on iTunes, it was all going well until my second listen when it hit me that Jermaine's song for Cocoa isn't on it :o

It's on the older EP - Along with Business Time, I'm Not Crying, The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room (live) and Robots (live).

Some of the album tracks are lifted straight from the show (eg. Bret You've got it going on) and some are re-recordings. The re-recording of Robots is weaker than both the short version on the show, and the live versions I've seen, which is a minor shame. It's still generally ace, but just not as well delivered or paced.

Bret you've got it going on wasn't on the version I have... is it an iTunes exclusive?

Man, the racism episode is awesome.

Kiwi's go home! With a kiwi stuck to the door of their flat with a big knife!

Oh, and the bit at the end when they're outside the Australian Embassay had me in absolute stitches.