rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Ste Pickford

Comics

Dragged myself away from GTA for long enough to do some drawing this evening:

everyday_comix_1_big.jpg

That's great, Ste.

How long did it take you? I'm convinced if I tried to do something like that it'd take a few days at least.

here is yet another comic: the tunnel (its only 7 pages long, but thats too long to post all of it in here, really)

tunnel001.png

I'll stop filling up this thread now and let someone else have a go

Did this ages ago with a mate (drawing on the same page) one boring sunday afternoon years ago.

It reminds me how much i've changed and how much i haven't. lol

pencilmanga1.jpg

pencilmanga2.jpg

Thank you minkee. I should know by now to never ever bother editing a post with a link in it on here

either way... watched it, i like that sort of "using the same canvas and rubbing out old bits of animation" thing, theres something like that on one of the Radiohead dvd's. Also, look at

I was trying to put my finger on who Bibio was, then I remembered a remix he did of Ted by Clark, similar sort of sound. Top!

Fucking hell, that strip Ste Pickford did has blown me away a bit!

:lol:

EDIT: Everyone's comics in this thread have blown me away a bit.

How long did it take you? I'm convinced if I tried to do something like that it'd take a few days at least.

Oh, that's like asking a lady her age!

Erm, far too long probably, but I rarely manage to do anything comic related in one sitting, and I only do it in my spare time, so it's hard to remember.

I had the idea and did a rough layout sketch (panel breakdowns, layouts of each panel), then pencilled the panel borders and drew the title all in one evening, probably. I think I came back another evening and wrote the dialogue, then pencilled and inked all the speech balloons and panel borders.

Then I probably left it for about a week. When I came back I think I spent about 3 hours on the first panel (pathetic, I know!), and pencilled a couple of others. I think I then did the rest of the top row one evening about a week later. Then the second row one Sunday afternoon. Then GTA IV came and all my spare time was spent playing that, but I got stuck on a stupid mission and came back to it one day with a big mug of coffee and did the bottom two rows in one session (probably about 4 hours). Then scanning and tidying up etc. which always takes an hour or two (A3 drawing with A4 scanner).

So, in short, it took me bloody ages. I don't think I'd ever be able to make a living doing this kind of thing!

I've started another one, and got as far as the idea, and drawing the title (which took an hour or two last Sunday), but not done any more yet.

- love your web cammed one above!

I made this short cartoon a while ago, but I've only just added it to my site

<a href="http://www.stickmans.net/stickmans/staring...linetree001.php" target="_blank">http://www.stickmans.net/stickmans/staring...linetree001.php</a>

it takes a while to load, unfortunately, and then its only about a minute long. please don't hate me

(also cartoons aren't comics, obviously, but it sort of fits in here)

That's super dng.

I hope that's not the stuff you didn't initially want to put up because it's an expensive train ride up North to slap you around the face.

For all the excitement offered later, I like panels two and three the best, because in their relationship lies the whole magic of comics.

That's effing marvellous, ste. You say you inked it with a brush. I presume this was just the black lines, and the colour was added in Photoshop? I can just about colour a comic strip with a brush and water colours, but I'm a total beginner with Photoshop, which annoys me. Grr.

I'm looking at doing some short comics using my little animal creations (like "panny") in the illustration thread, i've roughly drew a group shot which i'll put up soon once i can get it on the pc.... But what i want to ask is...would anyone be up for writing some short stories for me to draw up? :)