rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Ste Pickford

Comics

Great idea for a thread. I used to draw quite a few comics back in the day. Had a few published in Zit (the poor man's Viz). This is an unpublished one, which I think I posted in the Illustration thread at some point...

adventuresofeddpevinski9lg.jpg

Great idea for a thread. I used to draw quite a few comics back in the day.

Cool! You should do more.

Had a few published in Zit (the poor man's Viz). This is an unpublished one, which I think I posted in the Illustration thread at some point...

Excellent!

I had a rejection letter once from Viz (many years ago now). It was a bright pink sheet of A4 with "REJECTION SLIP" printed in enormous letters taking up 90% of the page :(

I had a rejection letter once from Viz (many years ago now). It was a bright pink sheet of A4 with "REJECTION SLIP" printed in enormous letters taking up 90% of the page :(

:( I've had a rejection from Viz too! Except mine was a very polite letter saying that my comic strip wasn't quite right for them at this time, and that perhaps I should I try sending it to another publication. They suggested Gardener's World.

jesus_big.jpg

I love the idea of Jesus referring to Odin's beard. :wacko:

Some great stuff has been posted in this thread. Minkee's three-panel strip, dng's peculiar Pit, and Ste's "Everyday Comix" above.

I really will post something in this thread when I get back to my scanner. It'll give me an excuse to try to draw something other than bad superhero fanart. :angry:

Dragged myself away from GTA for long enough to do some drawing this evening:

This is really really good

EDIT: the comic I mean, not that you've stopped playing GTA

I've had a rejection from Viz too! Except mine was a very polite letter saying that my comic strip wasn't quite right for them at this time, and that perhaps I should I try sending it to another publication. They suggested Gardener's World.

:)

I won a Viz pencil when they printed some of my stuff in Roger's Profanisaurus. They sent it with a small piece of paper saying with condiments and a pic of salt and pepper pots.

Dragged myself away from GTA for long enough to do some drawing this evening:

You've painted yourself into a corner there. Giving it a title like 'everyday comix' means you'll have to draw one every day now, right?

My comic strip will be called 'every so often' or 'when I can be bothered.' Suits my work ethic more, see?

You've painted yourself into a corner there. Giving it a title like 'everyday comix' means you'll have to draw one every day now, right?

Who'd do that?

My comic strip will be called 'every so often' or 'when I can be bothered.' Suits my work ethic more, see?

Everyday, not every day!

I'll be doing well if I manage everymonth!