Goose

Pixar Announce Future Slate

No time to comment, baby not ready for Creche yet!

----------------------------------------

From /film

May 29th 2009: From the Academy Award®-nominated team of director Pete Docter (Monsters, Inc.) and co-director Bob Peterson comes Up, a comedic adventure taking off (and lifting spirits). Here is a brand new plot synopsis direct from the studio: Carl Fredricksen spent his entire life dreaming of exploring the globe and experiencing life to its fullest. But at age 78, life seems to have passed him by, until a twist of fate (and a persistent 8-year old Wilderness Explorer named Russell) gives him a new lease on life. Up takes audiences on a thrilling journey where the unlikely pair encounter wild terrain, unexpected villains and jungle creatures. When seeking adventure next summer – look Up. Will be released in Disney Digital 3-D™.

October 2nd, 2009: TOY STORY in 3-D

February 12th, 2010: TOY STORY 2 in 3-D

Toy Story 3

June 18th, 2010: The creators of the beloved Toy Story films re-open the toy box and bring moviegoers back to the delightful world of Woody, Buzz and our favorite gang of toy characters in Toy Story 3. Lee Unkrich, co-director of Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo) directs this highly anticipated film, and Michael Arndt, the Academy Award-winning screenwriter of Little Miss Sunshine, brings his unique talents and comedic sensibilities to the proceedings. The voice talent confirmed includes: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Don Rickles, Wallace Shawn, Estelle Harris, John Ratzenberger, Ned Beatty. Composer Randy Newman returns.

Summer 2011: NEWT marks the directing debut of multiple Academy Award winning sound designer Gary Rydstrom, who made his Pixar debut with the short film Lifted, which premiered in front of Ratatouille. What happens when the last remaining male and female blue-footed newts on the planet are forced together by science to save the species, and they can’t stand each other? Newt and Brooke embark on a perilous, unpredictable adventure and discover that finding a mate never goes as planned, even when you only have one choice. Love, it turns out, is not a science. Will be released in Disney Digital 3-D™.

Christmas 2011: The Bear and the Bow is Pixar’s first fairy tale, from acclaimed filmmaker/writer Brenda Chapman (The Prince of Egypt). Chapman began as an additional animation artist on Who Framed Roger Rabbit and contributed story for The Little Mermaid, The Rescuers Down Under, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Fantasia 2000, Chicken Run and Cars. A rugged and mythic Scotland is the setting for Pixar’s action-adventure “The Bear and the Bow.” The impetuous, tangle-haired Merida, though a daughter of royalty, would prefer to make her mark as a great archer. A clash of wills with her mother compels Merida to make a reckless choice, which unleashes unintended peril on her father’s kingdom and her mother’s life. Merida struggles with the unpredictable forces of nature, magic and a dark, ancient curse to set things right. Director Brenda Chapman and the storytelling wizards of Pixar conjure humor, fantasy and excitement in this rich Highland tale. Will be released in Disney Digital 3-D™.

Cars 2 2012: Cars 2 will be directed by Brad Lewis, the producer of Ratatouille and Antz. All the world’s a racetrack as racing superstar Lightning McQueen zooms back into action, with his best friend Mater in tow, to take on the globe’s fastest and finest in this thrilling high-octane new installment of the “Cars” saga. Mater and McQueen will need their passports as they find themselves in a new world of intrigue, thrills and fast-paced comedic escapades around the globe. Will be released in Disney Digital 3-D™.

The big news is that all of the announced future Pixar releases will get the Digital Disney 3-D treatment. I remember the days when Brad Bird was preaching that Pixar would only do 3D if it complimented the story. But I understand that 3D is the newest trend, and the result is bigger box office, so Pixar must go with the flow. I just wonder if Pixar would have made this choice if they weren’t owned by Disney. Bird also said that Sequels aren’t in the Pixar business plan and they also just announced Cars 2, the second sequel to be released by the studio in the next four years. The other big news is that it appears that Pixar will now be taking on two films per year starting in 2009. I hope this doesn’t result in a loss of quality. The Bear and the Bow and Newt sound, at least on the surface, more like films that Disney would make. But We’ll have to wait and see.

I liked cars.

if i was gonna pick a pixar sequel i'd have thought that another incredibles movie would be a more appealing option than that (or toy story 3 actually) but id still quite like to see another cars movie.

Quite disappointed with that list to be honest, theres nothing on that list except toy story 3 that really grabs my attention. But then this is pixar so hopefully when screenshots are realased for each film my interest will go up. Also most of them are from people making their Pixar directing debut, what about the others like Lassater or Bird?

if i was gonna pick a pixar sequel i'd have thought that another incredibles movie would be a more appealing option than that

From a merchandising point of view Cars is a cash cow for Pixar. Not since Toy Story has a film and its merchandise made so much money for the company so a sequel has been mooted for a while now.

Also most of them are from people making their Pixar directing debut, what about the others like Lassater or Bird?

Bird is directing 1906 (see here) which is a Pixar co-production whilst Lasseter is busy running the animation departments for both Pixar and Disney so I wouldn't expect to see him in the directors chair for a while yet. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of these novice directors gets kicked off a project with one of the big 4 filling in for them at some point.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Up but the rest of the titles don't sound all that interesting. Newt, on the surface, appears to be something that Dreamworks or Blue Sky would produce and whilst I like the idea of Pixar going into fairytale territory the Bear and the Bow doesn't sound all that exciting. There is also no mention of John Carter of Mars even though we are supposed to see it by 2012.

Disney's future slate has also been released:

November 26, 2008

Bolt directed by Chris Williams and Byron Howard

Rllmuk thread

Christmas 2009

The Princess and the Frog directed by John Musker and Ron Clements

Rllmuk thread

Christmas 2010

Rapunzel directed by Glen Keane and Dean Wellins

test footage

King of the Elves directed by Aaron Blaise and Robert Walker

Disney's slate seems far more interesting and it is nice to see King of the Elves still on schedule as I had heard it was now dead.

Rapunzel is just perfect disney princess material, its surprising (with the benefit of hindsight) that they haven't done it before now.

It does seem strange that Rapunzel wasn't tackled during one of the golden ages of Disney but I guess it does have some problem areas. This project has been at Disney now since the early 00s (2002 I think) and has gone through several changes so hopefully they manage to sort of the issues in time for its 2010 release.

Disney-Rapunzel-Art-A-web.jpg

rapunzel_castle_giant.jpg

rapunzel_squirrel_and_girl-.jpg

The painterly CGI style is pretty unique.

Cars was significant in that John Lasseter made a boring, self-indulgent film. I think that marked the end of Pixars golden period.

Good job then that Brad Bird stepped up next and made possibly Pixar's finest film to date :angry:

Just read a detailed description of UP and must say Im really looking forward to that one now. I hope all of them turn out good but for me, on paper, theres nothing on that new list that really jumps out and grabs my attention.

rapunzelsmall.jpg

All sounds like merchandise heaven. I wont mind as long as Pixar does not turn into a sequel every other year in order to satisfy Disney.

I might be wrong but I think Pixar call the shots at Disney now.

Loving the look of Rapunzel.

Cars 2 sequel though? Personally thought it was not very good. Its the first Pixar film I had to turn off because I just got bored 3/4 of the way though.

Cars 2 sequel though? Personally thought it was not very good. Its the first Pixar film I had to turn off because I just got bored 3/4 of the way though.

Cars was John Lasetter's pet project - the film he always wanted to make. No wonder he thinks it deserves a sequel.

Can I just add that I love Cars to bits.

I avoided it at the cinema and then got it on DVD and thought it was a brilliant little story.

Really lovely.

I just don't get the hate for it.

Cars was probably the most played DVD at my house last year. Got a lil' boy who loves everything with wheels, so that movie was a god send for him.

I am looking REALLY forward to "Up" now that i've read what they showed at the press conference. Christ it sounds like a tearjerker.

Wall-E is and always was a given for me. Seen the four-minute preview which managed the impossible task of making it look even more genius than it already was.

On Cars 2: Really now, i've always had the impression that nobody gave Cars a chance to begin with. Not to mention that it's a film that you can easily hate because of the cliched story. But if you excuse a few mistakes in the movie you'll find out what i did when i saw it a second time: that it's a rather enjoyable movie. Maybe the least Pixar has given us thus far, but certainly not the worst.

But i am wondering how the hell they're going to come up with a story for a sequel though. It's obviously being made for the money, but then again: this is a film studio that operates in a bussiness which we're talking about.

Newt also looks promising. Need to see something of the Bear and the Bow to actually make a judgement on it though.

And to anyone who's asking why the hell they're going to release two movies in one year(and i've seen quite a lot of those come up now). Brad Bird himself has already said that one day there is going to be a Pixar movie that flops HARD and Pixar will need to make sure that they make whatever they want. This is probably an answer to that. Summer release fails to meet up expectations? Tell stockholders to hold out for the winter release.

And finally: Toy Story 3. To which i can only say: NOW!!!

It does seem strange that Rapunzel wasn't tackled during one of the golden ages of Disney but I guess it does have some problem areas. This project has been at Disney now since the early 00s (2002 I think) and has gone through several changes so hopefully they manage to sort of the issues in time for its 2010 release.

Disney-Rapunzel-Art-A-web.jpg

rapunzel_castle_giant.jpg

rapunzel_squirrel_and_girl-.jpg

The painterly CGI style is pretty unique.

Some disappointing news regarding Rapunzel...

It seems as if Glen Keane, the director who has been working on this film for the last 7 years, has taken a lesser role on the project. Initially the rumour was that Lasseter didn't like the latest reel but the official line is for 'health reasons'. The new Bolt directors are taking it over now. ^_^

Some disappointing news regarding Rapunzel...

It seems as if Glen Keane, the director who has been working on this film for the last 7 years, has taken a lesser role on the project. Initially the rumour was that Lasseter didn't like the latest reel but the official line is for 'health reasons'. The new Bolt directors are taking it over now. :wub:

:ph34r::wub:^_^