rllmuk
Cecil Kay

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

FC - that's the sort of haul I dream of ;)

Skipped my regular due to lots and lots of rain.

Turns out there was a car accident with fatality just along the road from it. Not sure if it was someone on the way to the boot sale or not, but the news report states a car matching the description of a seller that I've seen a few times. Scary stuff, especially as I could have been there in my little fibre glass over alloy mobile :ph34r:

Not so bothered about missing the bargains now.

Chris

So, after a week off due to rain, I had a decent boot sale day on Sunday, first time in a while I've picked up any home consoles...

Passed on a GameGear for a fiver with half a dozen games as it didn't seem to work (capacitor issue likely, powered on but no visuals, I already have one like that....!)

Picked up a Megadrive 2 unboxed, all leads plus Sonic for gamegear cart with it for £3

Passed on a 2nd Megadrive 2 (would have bought it if I saw it first) £10 boxed in nice condition with 3 common games (though 1 in cardboard box)

Next I spied a PSTwo with about 10 ok games (not the usual 10 football titles, but more like Getaway / GTA etc...)

Passed on it for a tenner as I had the games I would want, although it was a decent price.

Just about to walk away from the PSTwo stall when I spied a familiar old friend staring at me from the bag on the ground next to it..

Bagged a SNES bundle for a tenner. I love getting SNEs stuff at bootsales :)

Got home to find a dozen games inc. Mario World/All Stars/Kart and DK Country, 1 pad a Scope 6 cart and receiver but no scope, a playstation pad (?) but no power supply! The bag also had 3 RF cables, an iPod to speakers type male-male 3.5mm jack cable, a white cord from a pair of shorts, and an elastic cord from a rucksack!?

Next I found the worlds dustiest Gamecube, all leads 1 pad, GAME memory card and Zelda Twilight Princess (disc only) for £3

Cleaned up nicely, and over the years I somehow have an empty black GC box so now have the console to go in it, and can try out the non-arm waving version of Zelda too.

Also passed on ps3 Modnation Racer for 15 which I wish I'd bought, but it would have left me borrowing from my mum ;)

Other than that, a couple of DVDs and a powerball gyroscope thingy.

Headed to my mums (took her with me) to drop some stuff off, done another couple of things by now it was 11.30. Felt the urge to check out another smaller local bootsale and spend a fiver on:

N64 Operation Winback - complete, good condition

N64 Magical Tetris Challenge - complete - box a bit worse for wear

Gameboy - Ishido: The Way of the Stones - complete but game preowned with marker pen on cart and box

and finally

Gameboy Colour - Konami Collection Vol 2 - complete

The guy had a few other bits inc. 6-8 Saturn games (nothing too special looking, but not sport games), Blast Corps N64, 3 minty looking Atari 7800 games, Pole Position and Xevious were 2 of them. He said he was a collector, we had a chat, he collects consoles and has white / grey smoked saturns.

Really happy with that lot :)

Chris

Off to a flea market tomorrow to see if there are any rich pickings. Been to some in the past for cheap-ish money but I am an even bigger cheap skate so will try and work some magic if I see anything I fancy (mainly GBA/NES stuff plus any workable consoles).

Spent an excessive amount of money this morning.

An old friend who used to run a games shop gave me a call and said did I wanna take some of his old stock off him, this has probs been in storage for about 4 years+, the newest thing in there was a copy of Tiger Woods 2006 on 360 (sealed, lol) everything else is near on antique.

Have taken a few pics, will pop them up bellow, the good stuff is still to come, but these will do for the minute, so far has taken me 3 1/2 hours to get the stuff out the boxes and in some kind of order, and there is still more to go, lol.

(Attached one, took ages, will use Photobucket like normal for the rest :P)

th_07102010043.jpg

th_07102010044.jpg

th_07102010047.jpg

th_07102010048.jpg

th_07102010049.jpg

th_07102010052.jpg

th_07102010053.jpg

th_07102010054.jpg

th_07102010055.jpg

th_07102010056.jpg

th_07102010059.jpg

th_07102010060.jpg

th_07102010062.jpg

th_07102010063.jpg

th_07102010064.jpg

th_07102010065.jpg

th_07102010066.jpg

th_07102010067.jpg

Mike..

Just realised there is a boxed copy of Alien Soldier on the MD in there, woo hoo :)

post-16032-034616200 1286469107_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

Mein Gott.

That is without the pics of the Turbo Graphics Express, the Wonder Swan, 2 Nomads, Super Famicom, Chrono Trigger & FF 3 (both MINT) and a Metal gear Solid: Premium pack, which is all still sealed underneath the outer wrapper.

Will put more pics up tomorrow, my back is killing from being in the basement all afternoon, lol.

Cost a fair bit mind, £1,300 out of pocket today!!!!

Mike..

He he, spent most of last night playing Super Star Soldier, fecking awesome little schmup, especially as it was late 80's early 90's wasn't it?

Not so keen on beat Mania for the wonder swan though, sound capabilities for the machine just are not up to it, lol.

Gonna have to hawk some of it out on ebay I think, as no Neo console and no point having 2 Nomads, after that I gotta start to work modding the basement so that they can all go on propper shelves and look good, he he

Mike..

Not a bad boot on Sunday due to the good weather. Got lots of stuff for the kids (Go Go's a plenty) and a nice oil painting (copy*) of this:

http://www.ramshornstudio.com/16f7e5450.jpg

For £4 (it has a sticker on the back for £55...! But we bought it cos we liked it.)

Oh and I got Little Big Planet for £3 too, bargain! :)

*the REAL version would likely go for >150k!**

**it's hanging in the Aberdeen gallery aparently.

That's some haul. My g/f would probably kill me if I tried to spend 1,300 in one go though :o

Not having the best of luck here recently, picked up Asterix (NES) & Sonic 3 (MD) both cat only, a quid each at my local boot. Looked a bit hilarious in the boot of my winter car Seat Leon - first time i've gone to a boot sale in a couple of years a proper car with 4 seats never mind a boot, and I only get 2 carts ;)

On top of that, Royal Mail seem to have lost some nice boxed SNES games I bought on eBay :(

Chris

Get those cardboard boxes out of the mouldy garage now. :quote:

Starting to do the walls in that room tomorrow morning mate, if you can think of anything that could be done to sort that room out it would be appreciated mate :)

Mike..

Starting to do the walls in that room tomorrow morning mate, if you can think of anything that could be done to sort that room out it would be appreciated mate :)

Mike..

For the games, get them into those stackable storage boxes with the lids. That will keep them dry and the dust off them when you are working.

As for the DIY side, you'll need to stip the walls down and take out all the perished mortar and old paint. Find the source of the dampness and sort that out. You'll need to seal the walls before repainting. Depends how much you have to spend really. Whatever you do dont just paint over the top of it.

For the games, get them into those stackable storage boxes with the lids. That will keep them dry and the dust off them when you are working.

I use Really Useful Boxes for a lot of my games collection. You can buy/see them in Staples, though I bought mine online from Ryman. They're not cheap, but they are good qualitry and you get DVD ones (mine hold my modern games mainly Gamecube / 360 / Wii)

My SNES stuff is all in cardboard boxes, mostly with the SNES boxes flattened down an the carts elsewhere.

Chris

No games. Our local outdoor is so big it keeps going right p to Christmas!

But I did pick up a practically brand new 3 bike cycle carrier (for the car) for £5... couldn't believe the price but the guy said he was moving to Germany and just had to sell it all. Bargain.

No games. Our local outdoor is so big it keeps going right p to Christmas!

But I did pick up a practically brand new 3 bike cycle carrier (for the car) for £5... couldn't believe the price but the guy said he was moving to Germany and just had to sell it all. Bargain.

how's he going to get his bikes to Germany now?

seanr.gif

how's he going to get his bikes to Germany now?

seanr.gif

He had another one! :)

He'd forgotten he owned this one as it was at the back of his garage... I dunno, how do you go about forgetting you own a bike carrier...?

That past trip didn't come up to much

Saw a (damp) boxed dreamcast with all the bits plus 2 games (sonic + something else). Stained in god knows what state for £8 so didn't bother.

Main stalls sold ps2 games 2-3 for 5-10 which again I didn't bother with.

The only success I've had in the past is with NES games but none that day.

There's a couple that always have a box of GB and the odd crap GBA games in which he sells for £2-3 (Managed to get Zelda Seasons game for £4 once).

Not wanting to leave empty handed I ended up getting a deal of Earthworm Jim2 (kinda crap), Golf GB (great classic) and Snoopy Tennis GBC (suprisingly good) for £5. Not great but I got the parking free thanks to a givaway so not too bad.

Didn't have much time for boot sales this weekend, was in London, but managed to catch the tail end of our local one on the way off the train, lol.

Naff all there, faired much better in Norwich on Tuesday shopping though, picking up a copy of God of War collection (NTSC/U) for £9.99, cant be bad :)

Mike.

Oh yeah, games are upstairs in a warm(ish, the fecking boiler broke down) room, will probs wait till after the winter to sort the basement now, although have been going through the boxes and dumping some of the tatt on ebay, found some interesting stuff in there also, Bomberman 3 Snes, Spawn, Warios Woods, all boxed aswell :P