Jump to content
rllmuk
Cecil Kay

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, yakumo said:

 

Excuse my ignorance but £20 each for a copy?. Was that a good rate for a near min copy of Crash at the time?. 

 

It wasn’t that bad a price at the time. The issue was that the remake for PS4 was due out a month or so later, which as expected caused the price of the PS1 original to drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

 

It wasn’t that bad a price at the time. The issue was that the remake for PS4 was due out a month or so later, which as expected caused the price of the PS1 original to drop.

 

That sucks pretty hard, sort of similar but not in the same ball park. Remember when I was younger and collecting comics I bought a whole wad of X-men no 1s, Death of Superman issue 75 and batman 500 when the new Batman appeared. All in the belief that in a few years I could be sitting on golden goose. Sadly that never happened, and even to this today the prices are really low.

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, slowly recouping the money, luckily it was most of the cash I'd made at VGM 3, so I hadn't taken it from the bank or anything, the company shouldered 3k of it and 2K+ was mine, split them accordingly with the company and myself.

Every time there is a £1 fvf weekend on eBay, I stick some of the double box versions up, and they slowly trickle away, I might end up losing a grand on it, maybe more, but they ARE going, just a lot slower than I had anticipated, the prices always rise around Christmas time, so at least then I am breaking even, unfortunately it's just the way it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearing out my dad's garage and stumbled on an old CD32 controller. Was about to chuck it out when my daughter asked about it. I told what it was and she said it might be worth something. Naaaah I say, no chance and put it in the bin.

 

Two minutes later I'm getting it out of the bin, £50 on eBay!!

IMG_20190622_235413.thumb.jpg.a887bdf670e61cc6249feee67776a334.jpg

 

Although I have no way of testing it, to see if it works.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2019 at 23:58, Danster said:

Clearing out my dad's garage and stumbled on an old CD32 controller. Was about to chuck it out when my daughter asked about it. I told what it was and she said it might be worth something. Naaaah I say, no chance and put it in the bin.

 

Two minutes later I'm getting it out of the bin, £50 on eBay!!

IMG_20190622_235413.thumb.jpg.a887bdf670e61cc6249feee67776a334.jpg

 

Although I have no way of testing it, to see if it works.

Yeah, they’re worth a LOT of money now (glad I bought two of them “back in the day” as they’re so much better than the standard CD32 controller!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit two boots on Sunday. Nothing worth taking home.

 

Saw 5 or 6 classic xboxes which I thought was unusual (one stall had 4 stacked up) and a nice condition, boxed PS3 for £40. 

 

Better luck next time.

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sun is shining so the locals are back in full swing although I felt like dying from the heat

 

NES in minty condition, no yellowing, 2 pads and leads, turtles 2 the arcade game, Tetris and Mario Bros carts in a carry case - £35

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave up on my locals and went to a couple of one's I used to go too as I was sick of the dealers yesterday

 

Picked up -

Skull monkeys on PS1 £22

Witcher 2 on 360 for £1

Cabela's adventure camp PS3 £1

Battlefront 2 and Minecraft on Xbox one £10

Lego star wars force awakens and lotr conquest on PS3 £3

RoboCop trilogy, Jurassic world and alien covenant on blu ray £5

Samsung 1080 24" smart TV £10

2x g-con 2's in black £4 ( didn't know they came in black)

 

Skull monkeys was an indulgence off a game dealer. Cheaper than eBay at least

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happened to wake at 0615 on Sunday. Got up, had a wee, looked out the curtains and climbed back into bed. House alarm went off at 0730 then I slept through till almost 1000 so no boots for me this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't go Saturday, was out Friday and by all accounts, I missed sod all by having a hangover !
 

Sunday was reasonable, saw and bought my first bootsale SNES Classic Mini, was £15 boxed, bought the chap let me have that and Crash Trilogy on PS4 for £20.

an Xbox ONe media remote and DS Lite for £15 and Sims 4 on the X1 for £3.

Nothing really good though, just fodder stuff, aoh, and some Lego for me to build :)

Most random find was Mortal Kombat on vinyl, was a £1 and I don't have anything to hook a record player up to ( well, I do, just no actual speakers )

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I got 

 

Halo £2

Halo 2 £2

 

oh, and a 1mb Atari ST from a local ad on Facebook.

 

Spoiler

2343F878-5100-4365-8767-8DE5EB013F12.thumb.jpeg.28d71f4dc404352389f23899c9046444.jpeg

 

£30

 

Edited by SeanR
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeanR said:

Today I got 

 

Halo £2

Halo 2 £2

 

oh, and a 1mb Atari ST from a local ad on Facebook.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

2343F878-5100-4365-8767-8DE5EB013F12.thumb.jpeg.28d71f4dc404352389f23899c9046444.jpeg

 

£30

 

 

You do know that Halo 1 & 2 cost £0.75 each at CEX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

 

You do know that Halo 1 & 2 cost £0.75 each at CEX?

 

Yeah, but charity shop, you know? I don’t mean to virtue signal, but they’re worth every penny.

 

I mean, I already have the games on disc, as part of a bundle I bought to restore my Xbox collection after the burglary. I still have the cases from my original copies in the garages.

 

I also have the Halo MMC.

 

also: they’re pristine. CIB. Even the XBL trial cards haven’t been scratched.

 

ill take pictures once the wife is asleep...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SeanR said:

 

Yeah, but charity shop, you know? I don’t mean to virtue signal, but they’re worth every penny.

 

I mean, I already have the games on disc, as part of a bundle I bought to restore my Xbox collection after the burglary. I still have the cases from my original copies in the garages.

 

I also have the Halo MMC.

 

also: they’re pristine. CIB. Even the XBL trial cards haven’t been scratched.

 

ill take pictures once the wife is asleep...

 

Totally virtue signalling. You need help! ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SeanR said:

Halo 2 £2

I got the "limited edition" steelbook version of Halo 2 in a big stack of games I picked up for next to nothing a few years ago. Thought, with it being the "limited edition", it might be worth a few quid. Turns out that they made so many of them, it's actually worth less than the normal version...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a game gear in a carry case for £5. Seller said the screen wasn't working, fair enough I said, can I see what games it's got with it

 

Shinobi 2

Sonic Chaos

Columns

Taz Escape from Mars

Alien 3

 

And Power Strike 2

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Spartan said:

Picked up a game gear in a carry case for £5. Seller said the screen wasn't working, fair enough I said, can I see what games it's got with it

 

Shinobi 2

Sonic Chaos

Columns

Taz Escape from Mars

Alien 3

 

And Power Strike 2

 

Great find, is it boxed or just the cart (usually in a clear case ;-) ) 

 

looks like the cart only goes for over £100 these days!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 20:13, SeanR said:

ill take pictures once the wife is asleep...

 

Aren't there laws about taking pictures of people without them knowing. Still, I assume she's hot so post away!

 

(just for the sake of clarity, I'm being tongue in cheek)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

 

Great find, is it boxed or just the cart (usually in a clear case ;-) ) 

 

looks like the cart only goes for over £100 these days!

 

Just the cart but that's good enough for me. Game gear was indeed faulty so that's gonna be sold on for parts

 

Edit: in fact having dug out my game gear, the only duplicate is columns. I'll be keeping them all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the car boot this morning a lady tried to

give me a pair of shorts with a button missing. 

 

She was raging when I didn’t want them. 

 

No videogames mind you. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Droo said:

At the car boot this morning a lady tried to

give me a pair of shorts with a button missing. 

 

She was raging when I didn’t want them. 

 

No videogames mind you. 

 

Should have checked the pockets for copies of Power Strike 2. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.