rllmuk
Cecil Kay

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Picked these two big box pc games from a couple of local charity shops the other day.

Football Manager 2000, sealed £1
Theme Park, CD-Rom edition unfortunately, 50p. 

IMG_20190614_003451.jpg

IMG_20190614_003527.jpg

• Upvote 3

I'm picking up 400 PS1 games tomorrow, £1,250, so a little over £3 each, there are definitely some that are not worth that and lots that are, let's hope it doesn't turn to shit like the crash Bandicoot lot did :p

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

I'm picking up 400 PS1 games tomorrow, £1,250, so a little over £3 each, there are definitely some that are not worth that and lots that are, let's hope it doesn't turn to shit like the crash Bandicoot lot did :p

Is it 400 copies of Medievil this time?

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, wev said:

Is it 400 copies of Medievil this time?

No, mostly different titles, so should spread the reliance on getting shot of hundreds of copies of the same title to many more, there are some that are coming out and going straight into my own collection, Castlevania Chronicles and Raiden for starters :)

2 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Not strictly gaming but I found a 2015 kindle paperwhite in my local for £3 today. Works perfectly. 

Can it run doom/crysis?

On 14/06/2019 at 17:11, MikeBeaver said:

I remember you buying the crash bandicoots, what happened with them?

2 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

Nowt at our local boot today. Did spot a big stack of laser discs in a chazza shop but no player :-(

Well that sucks, I found a player with no discs just now. £5 though!

3-CB2-E8-C5-28-D0-41-FC-BA16-3-B1-D491-A

Pioneer CLD 770, built in July 1994 if the sticker on the back isn’t lying to me.

I don’t know where to start with it. It’s 240v with a 2 prong plug but I don’t have a screen with an rgb input anymore. No idea if it works either, so I’ve probably bought myself a little project. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BoggyB said:

Well that sucks, I found a player with no discs just now. £5 though!

3-CB2-E8-C5-28-D0-41-FC-BA16-3-B1-D491-A

Pioneer CLD 770, built in July 1994 if the sticker on the back isn’t lying to me.

I don’t know where to start with it. It’s 240v with a 2 prong plug but I don’t have a screen with an rgb input anymore. No idea if it works either, so I’ve probably bought myself a little project. 

Of you head up to British heart foundation in Carlisle there's a big stack of discs! :lol:

That guy found a bunch more games:

Xbox, ps2, GameCube, and 360

will be getting those later. Hardware too, but he’s embarrassed by the state of it having been a smoker.

Also brought this home from clearing out the father in laws house

46C62A1D-AE0E-4AA1-8F43-F4FADAC3D22F.thumb.jpeg.d14d5f32d55c9eb02f1c0d5fdf286579.jpeg

i posted it on twitter as a retro gaming challenge. What consoles will I be putting on it?

Today turned out alright in the end, 1st boot was quite middling, but after getting back and sorting that, I met the other half at an 11am start boot, we split up and as I was strolling about I spotted Panzer Dragoon Orta and JSRF for the Xbox at 10p each!!!

other half saw me and called me over to have a look through a pile of ps1 and other games, Got Wipeout, Tekken, Destruction Derby 1 & 2, plus Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Sunshine for a fiver,  that woman is fantastic and has a proper good eye for a bargain :)

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SeanR said:

That guy found a bunch more games:

Xbox, ps2, GameCube, and 360

will be getting those later. Hardware too, but he’s embarrassed by the state of it having been a smoker.

Also brought this home from clearing out the father in laws house

46C62A1D-AE0E-4AA1-8F43-F4FADAC3D22F.thumb.jpeg.d14d5f32d55c9eb02f1c0d5fdf286579.jpeg

i posted it on twitter as a retro gaming challenge. What consoles will I be putting on it?

Put Megadrive with MegaCD on the bottom shelf.

PS2 and some minis on the narrow middle shelf 

Saturn and Dreamcast on the 3rd shelf.