Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Cecil Kay

My parents dumped our old 2600 and 13 games on me this weekend.  I stuck it on eBay with a £20 start bid as I have zero chance of ever wanting to play it again and I just want it gone. 

I thought I should check if any of the games were rare this morning and found that 'Springer' goes for quite a bit (£50+). Have cancelled the auction and will split that one out on its own. Funny really, I do remember quite liking that when I was around 5 years old.

9 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

It's actually my full time job now, but anything I find I want for myself, goes straight in the collection, even if it is worth a fortune, hence why I still have my £1 Symphony of the Night sitting on the shelf in my bedroom :)

Is there much money in it? Or do you have to become "that aggressive twat trader" to get to all the good stuff first and make it worthwhile?

On 7/24/2017 at 22:20, King A said:

Fuuuuuuuck! Missed out on this lot:

IMG_0590.JPG

She said a really nice man took it off her hands for £50.

Cunt.

Utter cunt.

I wouldn't worry too much.  Bound to be water damaged looking at where it's been stored.

1 hour ago, Dr Nookie said:

I wouldn't worry too much.  Bound to be water damaged looking at where it's been stored.

Everything was that he has resold so far. Was speaking to him the other night.

1 hour ago, King A said:

Everything was that he has resold so far. Was speaking to him the other night.

I was joking like.  You know, cos it's been kept on the driveway see.  Wasn't very funny admittedly, even less so know.  Still, I'm WFH today so gotta get my kicks somehow.

That's an awesome haul for sure, wish I had stuff like that here lol.

Did pick up Pokemon pearl, Another Pokemon game (can't remember what though) for the ds and Mario bros Wii, galaxy 2 (in a box) and Mario kart with an official wheel for £12 today so happy about that

22 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

Is there much money in it? Or do you have to become "that aggressive twat trader" to get to all the good stuff first and make it worthwhile?

I've managed to find a middle ground, I'll ask if people have stuff, but won't hassle them or jump in the bot, if somone has something gaming related, I'll patiently wait, perhaps helping them with tables etc in th emean time.... some times it pays off, other times it's 2 copies of FIFA 07 on PS2, but I still see booting as not only a place to buy my stock, but alsosomewhere to have a good wander for my daily step count and also Saturday / Sunday are where I have most of my conversations for the week :P

Aggrissive traders really annoy me because their antics make the rest of us who are more polite look bad and often causes people to just say they don't have anything as they presume you're the same :(

As for money, I could make more doing something else ( and have recently started helping out another business in my office block for a few hours eac day with admin duties ), but I enjoy doing it and it allows me to take time off at the veritable drop of a hat :P

47 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I've managed to find a middle ground, I'll ask if people have stuff, but won't hassle them or jump in the bot, if somone has something gaming related, I'll patiently wait, perhaps helping them with tables etc in th emean time.... some times it pays off, other times it's 2 copies of FIFA 07 on PS2, but I still see booting as not only a place to buy my stock, but alsosomewhere to have a good wander for my daily step count and also Saturday / Sunday are where I have most of my conversations for the week :P

Aggrissive traders really annoy me because their antics make the rest of us who are more polite look bad and often causes people to just say they don't have anything as they presume you're the same :(

As for money, I could make more doing something else ( and have recently started helping out another business in my office block for a few hours eac day with admin duties ), but I enjoy doing it and it allows me to take time off at the veritable drop of a hat :P

Fair enough. I've been selling off a lot of my game collection over the past few months, and to be honest I find the daily trips to the post office, checking your emails each morning to see if anything has sold, listing stuff on eBay etc a pain in the arse. I'm completely fed up with it. The extra money is nice though mind you.

No ones stopping you from creating a thread.

Encouraging people to post in it is the issue.

Especially when we all think traders are scum who underpay for stuff, from unsuspecting members of the public, so they can flip it on eBay for dollars*

* my point is they may not appreciate being ghettoised like this.

54 minutes ago, Nush said:

It's always been like this "The other guy" is just in it to make a quick buck. But I'm in it for the love of gaming like some kind of modern day Robin Hood. It's hypocritical bullshit at this point if you've been here for over ten years. You must have all the systems you actually want at this point.

I dont have a neo-geo aes or pc engine yet...

14 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Lol - helping them with the tables, whilst you spy the goodies being unloaded. Nice technique.....

I can make a thread and pin it but... I don't really get what you are asking for... a pure traders thread to actually make the trades? What's wrong with pointing people to the Trading section to make ads?

I think he's saying that we should have one thread for people buying stuff for their collections/for fun, and another thread for people buying stuff just to flip it and turn a profit.

Got to say I kind of agree in theory, but I'm not sure how it would work in practice. I don't want to read about people hoovering up all the games stuff at the booty for CEX credit.

Well, in rare news, I found Gamecube games... good ones, 50p each today, and they could literally have been ANYONES, myself and everyone else had already visited the stalls and moved along, I just happened to be going past to the stall next to it for some cheap drinks before I left ( around 8:15am ish ) and there they were, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Wario Ware Inc and some other bits, several people must have walked past and just not even looked at them, they were not exactly hidden, just in a box full of PS2 games and sat right at the front of the stall for the world to see.

There are bargains for non traders to pick up, just few and far between mostly.

Can I ask for a bit of help.  Having a clear out as I know that these won't get used again.  Should I split and sell separately or just bundle and be done with it.  I've looked on ebay but it's a bit hit and miss with stuff that's either marked up so high it makes you laugh, or just going for peanuts.  I know I'm not going to get loads, but a bit of holiday ice cream cash would be nice.

(Apologies for the super huge pics)

Xbox;  Fully working and until a week ago was in regular use as a Star Wars Battlefront 2 machine for my son (now replaced by PS4)  All cables apart from power, which I've temporally mislaid.

PS2;  Also fully working, as are the memory cards.  Dualshock works, but has tape from when my cats chewed the cable many years ago.  Memory cards are still ok too.  

Sad to see them go, I can clearly remember buying both and had some great times with them, but I also know that with a PS4 & Wii U with Zelda, they need a new home.

IMG_0453.thumb.jpg.0fbec26d0f3569bba7b47ffc1e7aea17.jpg

IMG_0454.thumb.jpg.bf43cd01d16d9ce06a54bf1e5b63eb4f.jpgIMG_0455.thumb.jpg.e2b4a742c9c84a29d890a4e1f78a0cb8.jpgIMG_0456.thumb.jpg.e1ea3580c4abc0b0b4b8f47dcdf9cb1d.jpg

Trading folder, bundled, £40 each, plus postage, if you want shot

£50 BIN on eBay if you want it to sell there

OR

separate listings and extortionate postage (£3) on eBay to maximise earnings

OR

Have you tried Amazon marketplace prices?

1 hour ago, Goose said:

Wonder if the +2 was part of some competition (and the painted it gold)

It might be but it's done to a very high standard. And it will look a lot better once I've gave it some tlc and a good clean. I can't wait to see what games are in the bag and box.

Who doesn't love a big box full of random games :wub:

Screenshot_20170801-115707.png

1 hour ago, Theholyhogg said:

It might be but it's done to a very high standard. And it will look a lot better once I've gave it some tlc and a good clean. I can't wait to see what games are in the bag and box.

Who doesn't love a big box full of random games :wub:

Out of curiosity how much was it?