IGNORED

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Cecil Kay

Boxed playstation mouse £1

360 sun faceplate unopened £1.50

Wii Zack & Wiki £4.50

Wii Twilight Princess £10

Saw an unboxed snes with about 10 carts including zelda and secret of mana, unfortunately the woman wouldn't split and wanted £70 because apparently it would sell for over £100 on ebay.

But did you correct her?

But did you correct her?

I couldn't be arsed, she was clueless about what it was and obviously under strict instruction not to split or accept less than £70.

I said "oh thats too much for me" and walked off.

Boxed mega drive 2, consoel and pads etc were all in their original bags - £4

SF Anniversary (xbox) - £5

FF 7 - Dirge of Cerberous (no manual) - £2

Dreamcast (unboxed with Quake 3) - £9

Donkey Kong game (from next, licenced by Nintendo) - 50p

Saw quite a few bits about today, but nothing spectacular really, was a nice day out in the sunshine though, so not bad at all in my book.

Deal of the day for me was probs the PS3 and 4 (alright ) games, 2 pads 40gb. the bloke wanted 170 and might have gone to 150, but I didnt want to go get more money out of the bank for a large paper weight :rolleyes:

Getting MGS and Tombi 2 for a quid each was awesome mate, wish I had your luck, all the PS 1 stuff I saw I already had, so did'nt bother and the PS 2 stuff was also lacklustre, oh well, always next week ...

Mike..

will post pics later if anyone is interested. Last row, 4 tables from the end I see 3 big blue Ikea bags filled with big box pc games. Here I go me thinks, another person trying to get 4quid + per game. I ask whilst glancing down at the bag not getting my hopes up 'morning, how much for the pc games''.... wait for it - reply comes back ''oh I don't know, 10p each'.... yay!!

Picked up pristine big boxes of

Grim Fandango

Full Throttle

SW Dark Forces

SW Xwing vs Tie

Blade Runner

Die Hard Triology.

Passed on 4x fifa games / 4x CM games / 2x Rally games. Its only taken me over a months worth of bootsaling to find my first games of the year. Last w/e I did pick up 17 Master System games for 5quid, all the boxes are in great nick - games have all the booklets. I rush home to play them only to find my MS console has now died on me :rolleyes:.. ironic thing of it all, I passed up on the console as I had ''a working one'' I didn't need.. doh!!

Photo%201.jpg

Halo 2 and Fable the lost Chapters - £3 each

Mario Kart Double Dash - £1

Metal Gear Solid 2 - 50p

Professor Layton (sealed) - £10

I also came across a boxed Vic 20, the box was a bit rough but at £2 i was tempted. A guy was just buying a stack of PS3 games as i arrived at a stall, was a little gutted but I'm going to assume it was 6 copies of Haze.

Back at the boots after a bit of a hiatus.

DSCN2728.jpg

PS2: Kings Field IV, Dynasty Warriors II £2.50 each. Driving Emotion Type S (Japanese), Eye Toy Play 3 £1 each

Xbox: Secret Weapons Over Normandy & The Bards Tale £2.50 each

DSCN2734.jpg

PS2: Ready 2 Rumble Second Round & Ridge Racer V (Japanese) £1 each

DSCN2732.jpg

A couple of US PS2 Demo disks and four preview disks 50p-£1 each

DSCN2731.jpg

MD: Pinocchio & Arcade Classics £2 each. Whip Rush (Japanese) 10p!

DSCN2729.jpg

PS1:Chronicles of the Sword £5 Resident Evil Survivor £10 (little bit more than I would have liked but both of these are in very good condition)

N64 Wayne Gretzkys 3D Hockey, Hot Wheels, Racing Simulator £1 Pokémon Stadium 2 £10

GB: Kung Fu £1

Had quite a day, although not many gaming highlights. Vice City Stories PS2 promo for £1, GTA for the PS1 for £1 (both from the same stall, which also had a pile of other GTA related stuff...a GTAIV cup, for instance). Mercenaries 2, 360, for £8. Asked about Toe Jam and Earl on the mega drive, but got told it was a bundle with 3 other games and a scruffy Mega Drive 1 for £60. I said something along the lines of "Really?" and the man then asked what I was thinking - I said about £2. He then responded...well, more like £3 really. Which seems quite a drop - but then it had Lucky Dime Capers in the box instead of Toejam anyway.

My non-gaming stuff was much more interesting though. A boxed (and, I think complete - bits have been punched out but it all seems to match up) Zoids Genesis Brastle Tiger for £1. Apparently it walks:

That is about all I know about it, apart from the fact it seemed pretty cool.

I also got a snooker cue, signed by various folks that seems identical to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-piece-Signed-Riley...A1%7C240%3A1318

For £12. I'd put money on it being authentic, and also on it being worth a lot closer to what I paid than what that auction tried to get. But pretty cool. Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Steve Davis and Paul Hunter all identified so far!

AND BEST OF ALL.

Three long-boxes of comics - I'd guess about 500 but it could be anything upto 1000. Ex Machina, Y the last man, Fables and vast amounts of random DC - Batgirl, Hawkman, Robin, Catwoman etc. £35 for them all, and I might be getting an email about a couple more boxes...amazing scenes.

I've had a great day.

Managed to break my right foot small toe and pull the tendons as well at 1:40am saturday night, so no bootsales for me this w/e. Gutted.

FYI - braking of the toe was nothing special - I rushed out of bed to go to our daughter but in the process caught my toe on the metal frame of the spare bed (was lying down playing xbox) and almost leave it behind - ah what a great way to spend the w/e... always next week I guess.

Managed to break my right foot small toe and pull the tendons as well at 1:40am saturday night, so no bootsales for me this w/e. Gutted.

FYI - braking of the toe was nothing special - I rushed out of bed to go to our daughter but in the process caught my toe on the metal frame of the spare bed (was lying down playing xbox) and almost leave it behind - ah what a great way to spend the w/e... always next week I guess.

I had to get the sellers family carrying my comics to the car for me - I've got, according to my GP, "torn interior abdominal muscles" which mean I really shouldn't lift anything...

Asian mega drive with 9 games £17. Mega drive is in good condition. Not what you'd usually expect to find at a boot sale.

dscf0943f.jpg

Psone games (all minty fresh) £2.50 the 3. BBC games/programs £1 all in. Elite is just beuatiful, a true piece of gaming history.

dscf0944.jpg

Also picked up a Vtech smile pocket, TV system and 9 games for £5, a big box of duplo lego for £1.50 for the little one, a load of dance albums for 50p each and Klonoa 2 for £4.

Whip Rush looks pretty cool, what's it like?

I'll fire it up when I have the chance and give it a go. I have to admit shoot em ups aren't my forte but I'll give it try.

Forget that. What's GB Kung Fu like?

Hell yeah Kung Fu Master That's coming to work with me tomorrow to get me through the day :doh:

I've just discovered your YouTube channel Lorfarius Excelent stuff!

Psone games (all minty fresh) £2.50 the 3. BBC games/programs £1 all in. Elite is just beuatiful, a true piece of gaming history.

dscf0944.jpg

That Elite is just fantastic :) It looks hardly opened.

Asian mega drive with 9 games £17. Mega drive is in good condition. Not what you'd usually expect to find at a boot sale.

dscf0943f.jpg

dscf0944.jpg

Also picked up a Vtech smile pocket, TV system and 9 games for £5, a big box of duplo lego for £1.50 for the little one, a load of dance albums for 50p each and Klonoa 2 for £4.

:) That Megadrive is luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush!

Damn I miss the old days of car booting :o Nothing beats that rush of finding something special and coming home with a boot full of stuff. Many happy Sundays were spent sorting everything out.

What's it like out there now guys? I haven't been for about 3 years properly.

Rich

Edit: Just remembered, I walked in to a charity shop a couple of months ago and found a mint copy of Azure Dreams for £1. Brought back many happy feelings!!!! :o

Following the purchase of those comics , I did get an email and have bought 2 more long boxes. According to a quick google a full box can hold upto 250 comics and they were all full, so it is probably about 1000. Which is quite scary and genuinely awesome.

Now I've got them all I'll do the pic taking thing.