Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

I'll try and get pics over the weekend, old camera's another thing just gotten out of boxes to try and get working. So far the Jaguar powers up but no picture or sound and the N64 works through RF but no sound. Got a composite cable at the folks house so going to pick it up and try with that. No Mercy just wasn't the same with no audio.

The stylophone however, works perfectly.

That's easy: VGA cable. Though you're pretty much stuck with unofficial cables these days, unless you like forking out ridiculous sums.

For the handful of games that don't support the cable (and can't be forced to use it by using DC-X or similar), RGB SCART comes a distant second.

I found two official Sega fishing rods in my sorting out yesterday that I'd forgotten I'd got. They were bought from a guy who had exclusively PAL stuff, so I'd assume they were bought here - it seems a strange thing to import separately. Much nicer than the unofficial one though.

I know this isn't the done thing, but if you like looking at pictures of old computers you should definitely have a peep in my sales thread, because I've just included a mass of pictures of cool old stuff that I'm trying to move on.

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/275784-revs-massive-clearout-recent-and-retro-spectrum-intellivision-and-now-a-mini-c64-bundle-and-a-huge-one/

• 2 weeks later...

Been sorting out some of my stuff that's at my parents house while I'm back for Christmas:

stuff1_zps5e364c3a.jpg

stuff2_zps4632776d.jpg

If anyone wants any of this - you can have it as long as you can pick it up from my parents house in Wilmslow, Cheshire.

The 360 is just the box and packaging from a launch machine

The Xbox is all there - its chipped (an old Executer 2.2 i think, has a switch to turn it off for xbox live) and i think it has XBMC installed.

PC Games are boxes and inserts / manuals etc, no disks

The PS1 games are spoken for already

Awesome stuff - if I lived nearer to Cheshire I'd snap that Xbox up to replace my old, recently-deceased Xbox at home (and would be tempted by the lovely big PC game boxes). If only it was me whose family live in Merseyside, and not the better half :(

• 2 weeks later...

I was in my local retro game sgop today, trading in a copy of the FFVII soundtrack i had. On the off chance, i asked them if they had any Atari ST games (ive been jonesing for some ST games for a while, always happens close to christmas), and the guy took this off the shelf. The only ST game they had (all their stuff is SNES/MD/GC/Saturn/DC era).

Dude gave it to me for free!

iU06fNuCRlZVF.jpg

Nice. Must admit I only came to elite through frontier but that was a good deal

• 4 weeks later...

Went for a jaunt round the town of Colchester today, didn't find anything of note, but whilst stood in a charity shop looking at the games shelf, I spied the chap next to me had an almost see through bag, and a copy of paper mario - Thousand year in it, so being ever so forward, I struck up a conversation and found out he had just purchased it from the next shop along (grrr) for a £1....a fudging quid! Tried to pry it out of him, but he was adamant it was gonna go on ebay for £35 :(

Let's hope the weather is alright this weekend, I have only managed 1 bootsale so far this year :(

Mike..

PIcked up Knights of the Old Republic on PC this morning for 50p, didn't go out till gone 8am though, hadn't planned on it at all, but when I woke up, it looked alright outside, so off i went :)

Better luck next time hopefully, Good find on Rapid Reload for £4 Son of Solo, that's a pretty fun game, think I sold mine on the Wanted thread on the trading forum here.

Mike..

PIcked up Knights of the Old Republic on PC this morning for 50p, didn't go out till gone 8am though, hadn't planned on it at all, but when I woke up, it looked alright outside, so off i went :)

Better luck next time hopefully, Good find on Rapid Reload for £4 Son of Solo, that's a pretty fun game, think I sold mine on the Wanted thread on the trading forum here.

Mike..

Ha - yeah you sold it to me a couple years ago, the one I found wasn't as clean though so it's gone into the "to trade at some point" crate

Ha - yeah you sold it to me a couple years ago, the one I found wasn't as clean though so it's gone into the "to trade at some point" crate

Lol, glad it went to a good home then, as I remember it was in near mint condition, was a little sad to see it go, but I have far too many games sitting round that I just don't play.

Mike..

Went to my first proper boot of the year earlier.. Came away with a nice little PS1 bundle for £15

EF2FF66B-85B0-42AA-B0F0-308366913A44.jpg

..and these odds and ends:

D3A3D47C-A868-4D49-B5D9-5C4FCE3231F6.jpg

Chuffed with the Frogger boardgame, a good condition Defender is next on my list.

First car boot of the year today...

Purple game cube complete with original controller - £2

Game boy colour (early Japan made) - grape + Tetris dx - £5

The Albanians seem to have found the car boot sale I go to, phfff I arrived at one table just after they got to it, unbelievably there was a clean looking DS xl the seller wanted a fiver for it, they had already picked up, then spent the next few minuets haggling the price down to £4.50, I was dying for them to put it down but they didn't.

Went to my first proper boot of the year earlier.. Came away with a nice little PS1 bundle for £15EF2FF66B-85B0-42AA-B0F0-308366913A44.jpg

..and these odds and ends:D3A3D47C-A868-4D49-B5D9-5C4FCE3231F6.jpg

Chuffed with the Frogger boardgame, a good condition Defender is next on my list.

Really want to get that PSone picture box but it's the boring grey one I always seem to find.

The Albanians seem to have found the car boot sale I go to, phfff I arrived at one table just after they got to it, unbelievably there was a clean looking DS xl the seller wanted a fiver for it, they had already picked up, then spent the next few minuets haggling the price down to £4.50, I was dying for them to put it down but they didn't.

Bloody immigrants, coming over here, taking our bargains, eating our WonderSwans.

Just dug out a whole shedload of Dreamcast stuff I'd nearly forgotten about. Didn't realise I still had a couple of arcade sticks and a VGA box, are they still sought after nowadays?

5lMSOAF.jpg

P3sKNbI.jpg

Fancy a run through Shenmue before moving this little lot on....