IGNORED

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

Cecil Kay

I'm having a clear out and plan to have a car boot at the weekend. Mainly a lot of dreamcast stuff. I dont do paypal or ebay so a car boot seems like my best option. Probably gonna offload a snes and saturn, a cube, a megadrive and megacd. What sort of prices should I be asking?

I dont have any mega rare stuff, Evolution 2 on DC is probably the rarest. The hack series on PS2 is another. Boxed shemue 2 on dc is still in pretty decent nick.

Is it best to go on ebay and undercut the BIN prices by about 20%??

I dont have any mega rare stuff, Evolution 2 on DC is probably the rarest. The hack series on PS2 is another. Boxed shemue 2 on dc is still in pretty decent nick.

Is it best to go on ebay and undercut the BIN prices by about 20%??

Evolution 2 is pretty rare! think last one on fleabay went for over £70. I'd say the same, offer them here and it means you dont have to deal with the stress of dealers harassing you/potentially stealing things

Put them on here sandman, and offer Bank Transfer as a payment option, helps out forum members...and you WILL get badgered by traders to get your stuff for cheap at a bootsale, it's just how it goes :P

Mike..

you could take postal orders - you just cash them at the post office...

Is there realistically any risk in offering bank transfer? Here in NZ, it's the standard method of paying people for online auction items (no PayPal), and even a lot of online businesses offer it. Yet I remember people being wary about it back home.

My experience is that unless you know exactly how much you're going to sell stuff for - and you stick to it - I wouldn't bother with games at a car boot.

If you've got some good stuff, you'll get hassled by the traders before it even opens, then you've got the situation where you get really swamped by them- and someone just steals something while you're not looking.

Honestly, it's not worth it unless you really don't care what you get for them and just want to get rid of them.

The rain meant my local covered bootsale was actually pretty busy this morning.. Not much gaming related but did manage to get hold of this:

449DF327-D240-4165-BAFE-F5E5A16BC56A-168

All for £15... To my relief it works too (although may still look into swapping the drive belt on it)

The rain meant my local covered bootsale was actually pretty busy this morning.. Not much gaming related but did manage to get hold of this:

449DF327-D240-4165-BAFE-F5E5A16BC56A-168

All for £15... To my relief it works too (although may still look into swapping the drive belt on it)

Oh man, I'd forgotten that lovely Golden Axe box (it was like that for the Atari ST version), gorgeous :wub:

And Space Hulk! What a fucking great adaptation that was - one of the only boardgame conversions that has managed to completely change the way the game plays to take advantage of being on a computer, while retaining the qualities that made said boardgame great in the first place.

And Space Hulk! What a fucking great adaptation that was - one of the only boardgame conversions that has managed to completely change the way the game plays to take advantage of being on a computer, while retaining the qualities that made said boardgame great in the first place.

Yeah it's shocking to think they still haven't produced a better version yet.. Although there is a remake in the works thats looking pretty faithful to the original.

In the meantime I'm going to try and get it working on my PC tonight.. Got to be worth the 50p asking price :)

Ahh good old Steel Batallion, great stuff!

Still have mine buried in the loft, although in a slightly battered state after dropping the bloody box down the stairs whilst moving house! Shame the servers are no more :(

No boot sales for me this week, but have been topping up the Speccy collection via eBay.

First post in here.

Picked up a fat PS2 for the princely sum of £1, no leads or controllers though. I managed to find an old composite lead in my 'box of wires' and a power cable and it booted up fine, there was even a game in the tray still, The Warriors, although the drive wouldn't read well. Opened it up, cleaned the insides, and now it appears to work ok, nice.

Looking for cheap controllers on eBay now, and a copy of Everybody's Golf, although they seem kind of expensive, it's almost worth getting a ps2/2 controllers/games bundle.

Ho hum.

Also got a Dell 4:3 computer monitor for £3.50. Will probably use it in the next bartop arcade machine I build.

On a related note, I have picked up 4 extra xboxes for these, I now have 12. The best buy was £16 for 2 xbox, 3 controllers and 20 games.

Nice weather today, first time this year i think!

boot300613.jpg

PS3 games and GC games were 3 for £1,00, Dark Chronicle is supposed to be good.

Is Dawn of Fate the Terminator game with wooden Terminators in ? I hope so.

Art of Fighting Snes - £2.00

Super Mario 2 and a 16 in1 GB cart - £1.00 each

Jumping Flash - 50p

Unbuilt 40k Predator - £10

Vintage Transformers card game 10p !

Ahh good old Steel Batallion, great stuff!

Still have mine buried in the loft, although in a slightly battered state after dropping the bloody box down the stairs whilst moving house! Shame the servers are no more :(

No boot sales for me this week, but have been topping up the Speccy collection via eBay.

I finally caved this week and bought one of the Oliver Frey signed Sanxion copies

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170726690930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

better hurry if you want one, only 42 left !

First post in here.

Picked up a fat PS2 for the princely sum of £1, no leads or controllers though. I managed to find an old composite lead in my 'box of wires' and a power cable and it booted up fine, there was even a game in the tray still, The Warriors, although the drive wouldn't read well. Opened it up, cleaned the insides, and now it appears to work ok, nice.

Looking for cheap controllers on eBay now, and a copy of Everybody's Golf, although they seem kind of expensive, it's almost worth getting a ps2/2 controllers/games bundle.

Ho hum.

Also got a Dell 4:3 computer monitor for £3.50. Will probably use it in the next bartop arcade machine I build.

On a related note, I have picked up 4 extra xboxes for these, I now have 12. The best buy was £16 for 2 xbox, 3 controllers and 20 games.

Building Bartops out of old Xboxes ? That sounds like its worth a topic of its own!

Nice weather today, first time this year i think!

boot300613.jpg

PS3 games and GC games were 3 for £1,00, Dark Chronicle is supposed to be good.

Vintage Transformers card game 10p !

Dark Chronicle is a great game and a cracking find.

... That Transformers card game has hit the nostalgia button too :)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I don't like to make a thread just for this question. Does anyone from Dorset know if people still video games (retro preferably) at Wimborne Market? I got some SNES games from there in the past but that was in the late 90s/early 00s so I have no idea what it's like anymore.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I don't like to make a thread just for this question. Does anyone from Dorset know if people still video games (retro preferably) at Wimborne Market? I got some SNES games from there in the past but that was in the late 90s/early 00s so I have no idea what it's like anymore.

I'd really like to know this as well, guy in one of the indoor sections used to have some good stuff. I haven't been there since about 2005.