Cecil Kay

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

That's a touch over 50p each, provided they all work, there is plenty of entertainment there.

If buying to sell, then even at 50p each I'd have left some behind, but as games to play, there is a lot of fun to be had with some of those.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I didn't buy to sell, I've never played any of them so I'm positive Ill get a tenners worth of entertainment out of them, Crazy Taxi alone I've not played since the Dreamcast

24 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Yeah I didn't buy to sell, I've never played any of them so I'm positive Ill get a tenners worth of entertainment out of them, Crazy Taxi alone I've not played since the Dreamcast

Everybody's Golf should be worth a tenner on it's own, it's not ( well, resale wise ) but it should be, great little game, and I enjoyed GTA Liberty City Stories on the PSP, amazing what the little device was capable of tbh.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, pastry said:

I definitely didn't want to buy this, but had to give the guy props for the cracking photo!
image.png.6f4336ed47827b29e6eadd0f9b02176b.png

Did he reply?

1 hour ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I hope there’s no one stupid enough to pay 250 for that mediocre at best bundle. 

I think we we need a thread for bewildered/deludedly optimistic retro sales listings. 

That's Aussie dollars and gaming stuff has always been over priced there from memory

I would not pay $250 for an N64 unless it was the one I gave to my cousin in 2005 when I felt guilty about moving out of our shared house in Newcastle man pet - provided in same condition, with the same games and save states intact! 

You should see the price of cars here!

Mum just moved house so I have been emptying the loft. All my old CGA graphics PC games, my old Big Trak and all my transformers and comics plus loads of old gaming mags.

Needless to say clearing the loft took a lot longer than it should have done due to nostalgia related fun and games. Good times

• Upvote 2

On 13/02/2019 at 00:14, pastry said:

I definitely didn't want to buy this, but had to give the guy props for the cracking photo!
image.png.6f4336ed47827b29e6eadd0f9b02176b.png

State of the sticks on those pads. Also, they’re selling because they have a baby on the way?

6 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Mum just moved house so I have been emptying the loft. All my old CGA graphics PC games, my old Big Trak and all my transformers and comics plus loads of old gaming mags.

Needless to say clearing the loft took a lot longer than it should have done due to nostalgia related fun and games. Good times

If you're getting rid of any gen 1 transformers I may be in the market :)

On 14/02/2019 at 18:57, MikeBeaver said:

That's Aussie dollars and gaming stuff has always been over priced there from memory

No, not at all. In our local cash converters the other week they had a SNES with one pad and no games for only $249.99. 

If that's not a bargain, how about an N64 with one pad and Mario64 for $299? 

You can't beat rip offs bargains like that. I went in looking for a Gamecube. That was a mistake, I can tell you. 

Managed to get his off FB for £40 - all working console wise but the right stick on the gamepad is not springing back into place and the screen isn't the most responsive.  He also threw in a GC controller adapter and I have a wavebird.  Can I use that with it?  

I spent last night cleaning it up and tested a Wii game and all loads good.  Will have a play around with softmod tonight and hopefully for £40 I can replace my existing Wii.

50451964_1197753083710829_7850655941652381696_n.jpg

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Managed to get his off FB for £40 - all working console wise but the right stick on the gamepad is not springing back into place and the screen isn't the most responsive.  He also threw in a GC controller adapter and I have a wavebird.  Can I use that with it?  

I spent last night cleaning it up and tested a Wii game and all loads good.  Will have a play around with softmod tonight and hopefully for £40 I can replace my existing Wii.

50451964_1197753083710829_7850655941652381696_n.jpg

Touch screens are easy enough to change, if time consuming and requiring of patience, the sticks I have not changed before though, so can't help you on that one, but from a quick check on AliExpress, they seem to be solderable ones, so some skill in desoldering the old one will be needed :(

1 hour ago, MikeBeaver said:

Touch screens are easy enough to change, if time consuming and requiring of patience, the sticks I have not changed before though, so can't help you on that one, but from a quick check on AliExpress, they seem to be solderable ones, so some skill in desoldering the old one will be needed :(

Hmm cheers Mike - is the game pad the only way to play Wii U games?  Doesn't look like a solder job here but I am probably wrong! 

On 20/02/2019 at 22:31, parrapatheslapper said:

is the game pad the only way to play Wii U games?  

A lot of Wii U games(pretty much all that I`ve played other than Nintendo Land, Mario Maker and Lego City) can by played with the pro controller, totally ignoring the gamepad.

In the unlikely event you want to play Wii U Breath of the Wild, it`s better with the gamepad. It doesnt use the screen at all but the pro controller doesn`t have gyro aiming.

Some, like the mario games, can be played with the Wiimote, but I wouldn`t recommend it.

• Upvote 1

E113BBA5-30D8-4379-9AED-BAA49FA95BCC.thumb.jpeg.f4dc8d83ce528768c65b4c95b183e4db.jpeg

£25

quality goods too

Spoiler

ECD8CEFA-DA65-4FB8-A87F-6CE9AAC87841.thumb.jpeg.d64614a243947000fe3c544b274ce620.jpeg

look at that label!

also, the dc cases are NOT broken, I repeat NOT broken. The ps1 discs look unused too...

• Upvote 5