Cecil Kay

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

If that monitor fail's, Ive heard the most common faults are a firmware chip cooking itself or PSU cap's blowing, both easy fixes to swap out with a soldering iron. Did you get any 3D glasses with it?

6 minutes ago, Spartan said:

If that monitor fail's, Ive heard the most common faults are a firmware chip cooking itself or PSU cap's blowing, both easy fixes to swap out with a soldering iron. Did you get any 3D glasses with it?

Yeah one set. I probably won't use them, but nice to have.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, U-1 said:

After 2 months off from booting I really don't know if I can face the early Sunday mornings anymore.. Plan to start again next weekend, so we will see. 

I really have no idea how I managed it, didn't get to sleep till gone midnight, alarm was set for 4am, think it was the cold that kept me awake to be honest, that and the hope I'd find something :P
My mate was after a DVD player, picked her one up for £3, so I guess that's my good deed for the week done :)

On 07/01/2018 at 19:05, Mr Tony said:

Yeah one set. I probably won't use them, but nice to have.

Tip for that monitor - cycle the 3d button after it’s switched on and you will get a much higher response time, with less blur in fast moving games!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dvdx2 said:

Tip for that monitor - cycle the 3d button after it’s switched on and you will get a much higher response time, with less blur in fast moving games!

Guessing that kicks in the 240hz processing?

32 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Random shout but if anyone has picked up a dead 360s/e from a boot with a working hdd, would you like to sell it to me?

Does it need to be a particular size?

I've got 3 or 4 of the older style HDD's kicking about, you can pop the drive out of the old caddy and either jimmy it in the slim system as it, or get a cheap caddy from eBay for them.

I mention HDD size, as I've no idea what denominations they are, either 20's or 60's more than likely though, they are just sat in a box awaiting me doing something, anything with them :P

• Upvote 1

Well I was hoping to put some of the games with gold I've collected via my bone on there and have it in a spare room. 

A 120gb would be usable but I fear I may have to play faeces roulette with a 250/500gb one from cex or fleabay. 

Edit: sorry, that sounded ungrateful of me. I think it would be useful if I could try one of the smaller HDDs to confirm that it is indeed the hdd and not the connection inside the 360. I have my current caddy I can easily reuse. 

Edited by Ninja Doctor
Politeness or rather lack of.

Too bloody cold this weekend. Still managed to pick some bits up on Saturday, skipped Sunday though

Purple GameCube (boxed), black GameCube console only and a Halo 3 special edition 360 - £25 the lot, bit much but I wanted a boxed GameCube. I can sell my unboxed one on now. 

Was at the in laws this afternoon and my father in law said "for you want this? I was just going to chuck it"

3rRsKVX.jpg

I already have two wiimotes, going to find another one and sort Mario Kart for the kids

• Upvote 2

Holy shit, nice find. 

I bought Supermacy back in the day. It was very flawed (felt like it needed more time in the oven), but great fun if you were a hardcore Star Wars nerd. I liked the way characters would randomly get picked to be force sensitive, so you’d end up with Jedi versions of Motti or Wedge.

34 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

Holy shit, nice find. 

I bought Supermacy back in the day. It was very flawed (felt like it needed more time in the oven), but great fun if you were a hardcore Star Wars nerd. I liked the way characters would randomly get picked to be force sensitive, so you’d end up with Jedi versions of Motti or Wedge.

Never tried Supremacy as that kind of strategy game isn't usually my thing.

I have a fair few of this lot already but these are in way better condition. It was the more obscure titles like Yoda Stories etc that I was missing. I can't be far off a full set now.

55 minutes ago, super_quincy said:

That’s an amazing find @U-1 I’d be jealous if I was still collecting big box PC games!

Yeah there's definitely a big downside to Big Box collecting.... storage! 

IMG_0948.thumb.JPG.7f2346ac99d26c9861baccd139251580.JPG

Atleast until we move later this year.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, U-1 said:

Yeah there's definitely a big downside to Big Box collecting.... storage! 

IMG_0948.thumb.JPG.7f2346ac99d26c9861baccd139251580.JPG

Atleast until we move later this year.

And I've certainly added to that in recent years. You're welcome !

• Upvote 1