rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
lewismistreated

Dawn of War 2

Fair enough, that is shit then. Seeing that it's ou_t* there they should just unlock it now, although it seems to me that THQ can't have used the encryption that Valve put on their own games then, looking at the descriptions of the 'cracks'.

*wtf? what's that censoring trying to accomplish?

Yeah, the game was available on most torrent sites much earlier in the week. By doing the decent thing and waiting for my legit copy to turn up, it's so nice to get this sort of reward for it.

Ah well. Couple of hours and all our moaning will have passed.

Sold!

I'm in two minds about getting this. Loved the first, but was quite disapointed by PC Gamer's review...

Pffft what do they know.

1up's review nails it. Esentially its an awesome fusion of RTS with RPG elements, a rprts if you will. Which essentially is the way gaming seems to be going. Custom user loadouts built to their specifications not the dev's. Win.

Its arrived but I cant play the bloody thing! Having to go through the update on Steam and its only giving me a 5kb download rate. Says it will take 3 hours before the game can launch.

I also bought the SE from Amazon and they sent me a code to use. Yet I've tried adding that to the steam account but its not valid so any idea where I input it?

Also if you're in the UK, go to the THQ website, create an account and register DoW 2 and you'll get another code to get you a different wargear set. It's first 100k people only but it worked fine for me this morning.

You input it on the Games for Windows Live marketplace.

Doesnt work says the code isnt for my region. Its all pretty shoddy as far as I can tell the THQ wont let me register an account as its down, Steam keeps restarting the update and I cant see anywhere to register the free stuff. Bare in mind I've been trying to get the game going for close to 3 hours now.

Have you restarted Steam since you installed? If not, try it as that seemed to fix the constant update restarts for me.

Are you sure you're not on the XBox Live Marketplace as initially I ended up there and got the same message as you. When I went to the proper Windows Live Marketplace and redeemed code it worked fine.

Are you sure you're not on the XBox Live Marketplace as initially I ended up there and got the same message as you. When I went to the proper Windows Live Marketplace and redeemed code it worked fine.

Ive been to the Games for Windows Live site and all it does is redirect me to Xbox Live with no chance of doing anything else. I finally have the game running and going through GFW in that has exactly the same problem :lol:

Yes I did that and was very confused. What you need to do is run the stand alone GfW Live client (a link should have appeared in your start menu) and go via that.

Yes I did that and was very confused. What you need to do is run the stand alone GfW Live client (a link should have appeared in your start menu) and go via that.

What a ball ache, sorted :lol:

game downloaded this morning fast as anything from steam, been playing for a good while and it's great fun. really does come across like an almost RPG game. loving it so far.

How much did you pay? It's £23 on Play, but £35 on Steam?!

35 for the steam version, bit more than play but then play never gets anything to me until the Monday after release. And I mean every game i have ever ordered from them.

£24 from Pure games here. Took a punt on SF IV, ordered tuesday, got on thursday. Absolutley excellent and cheapest price on the net for SF and DoW.

Also free delivery.

Im running it on a 3.5 ghz Quad with 4 gb ddr 3 1600mhz and a gtx 260 overclocked. 1900x1080, it runs like butter and looks even better :wub:

This game is absolutely phenomenal - of course from the beta I could tell the multiplayer was great especially with the latest balance and UI patches. However the real gem here is the single player with its great RPG elements. It is rock hard on Primarch though :wub: