rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mr_rmg

Update thy 360 Dashboard

Of course it looks nothing like me. I'm seeing some people with clothes that I couldn't see. Is clothing on sale already, and have people been foolish enough to buy it? I consider it the most evil money-grabbing scheme ever devised on Xbox Live. Evil because it does indeed annoy me that there aren't many choices. I want to dress this stupid Fireman Sam piece of shit in better clothes! I'm not going to, though. I'm not a sucker.

Also, I was confused about these "Community" games. It seems like they are shitty little games that aren't even Xbox Live Arcade worthy? They are made by bedroom programmers? Like PD? But then I saw that they still cost money. No way. Come on.

I don't think it's mandatory that they're shitty.

But they do have severe limitations like no leaderboards. I guess MS were trying to address the problem of XBLA not really being the bedroom coder platform it promised to be, and one of the reasons for that is that if your game is accessing services on Live like leaderboards, then it's going to have to get tested & certified by MS to show it behaves itself. And that costs money.

I got a reply!!

Hello Andy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Ziph and I will be helping you today with your concern.

As I understand that you already have Miis on your Wii and you want to use it on your Xbox 360 console.

I know how disappointing it is but only avatar available on the console can be use on the Xbox 360

Heven't seen anyone mention it from the last few hours, but since I got in from work about an hour ago and checking in between installing some games, the marketplace still seems completely unavailable. Is anyone getting onto it?

Heven't seen anyone mention it from the last few hours, but since I got in from work about an hour ago and checking in between installing some games, the marketplace still seems completely unavailable. Is anyone getting onto it?

It was dead all yesterday, and dead all morning. I think it's pretty safe to assume it's still dead.

I think this may be good news

I normally have to check my NAT settings if I want them to be "open" for online matches

I just tried PES and COD4 online and remember that the game normally tells you that your NAT settings need changing if somethings up this always used to happen to me, I'd have to go out of the game and do a network check to get "open"., well I think the new NXE has improved things because everything works fine, NAT settings must be on open, smooth online play, no need to re-check network settings all the time

Someone please help me before I go mad:

1 How do I change the theme?

2 How do I edit my avatar?

Thanks

Go to 'My Xbox', go to the bit with your avatar on it. Press A. Both options are there.

It was dead all yesterday, and dead all morning. I think it's pretty safe to assume it's still dead.

Yay!

I just see folk discussing the community games and themes and so on, I wondered how they were getting to try them.

Go to 'My Xbox', go to the bit with your avatar on it. Press A. Both options are there.

Argh!! Why aren't they duplicated in the profile/system settings menu!?

Thanks, I just spent about half an hour looking for these!

It worked fine for me yesterday, and today. I downloaded the trials of that giant village builder thing* and Bomberman in seconds flat. Clearly Microsoft love me.

*which I found unplayable due to jerkiness, it was really, really painful on my eyes. Which is odd, as framerates don't normally bother me.

Only problem with the NXE - fucking letterbox in all my games. Not too impressed with Microsoft's implementation of the new 'monitor-friendly' resolutions, which cuts 2/7ths of my screen away, making Guitar Hero/Rock Band four-player somewhat painful on my old 17" monitor. I've had to tell the system that my monitor's widescreen to get rid of the problem, downside being the scale getting completely screwed up.

Are community games free or paid for? Seriously, I haven't even stomached paying money for Braid yet and I really wanna give that a bash.

If you haven't bought Braid yet - you are FAIL

Nah, it's been happily alive all evening on my box.

I was slightly confused as to how to get onto the Active Downloads page earlier. It took me a long time to realise I had to press the xbox button on my pad and use the mini blades. The avatars are growing on me, especially since I made mine look a little more like me :)

So apparently you can only play games from the HD on the console it was originally installed on. Does that mean you're pretty much resigned to playing from disc if your 360 goes tits up and has to be replaced?

So apparently you can only play games from the HD on the console it was originally installed on. Does that mean you're pretty much resigned to playing from disc if your 360 goes tits up and has to be replaced?

No; you can install the game on the new machine too. All it means is you can't install a game, remove the HDD, then put that in another machine and play that way. You could however uninstall and reinstall a game.

It worked fine for me yesterday, and today. I downloaded the trials of that giant village builder thing* and Bomberman in seconds flat. Clearly Microsoft love me.

*which I found unplayable due to jerkiness, it was really, really painful on my eyes. Which is odd, as framerates don't normally bother me.

Bizarre. It took me 15 minutes to download, and then there was no jerkiness.