The Apprentice - Wed BBC1 9pm

Hexx

Sure, Alex has negative points, but in his favour he's

1) A good salesman.

2) Hungry attitude.

2) Not too posh.

Against:

1) Girly stubble.

If you look beyond the editing, you can see that his head is screwed on and he is a fairly clever guy for his age. Of the people that we've 'seen', who else has a better chance?

Mind you, not that ability or suitability means anything anyway, look at last year's winner! There's no job really etc.

EDIT: Lee's got no chance either, really - he's not smart enough, and is a bit of a blowhard. Personally, if I could choose a winner based on potential it would be Kevin - although from the ones I've seen where he's featured, they've edited it to make him look a bit comedic.

Seriously if these are some of the top business people or whatever, you'd think they'd know how to use a bloody computer properly, its not that bloody hard. I could have done a better job running the printing/making side.

I know its a TV show but this year it seems far more about entertainment than business than before.

Yeah seriously - Lucinda's airheadedness was really starting to grate last night. Ok, Helena totally shouldn't have put her in that situation but computers aren't that hard to wrap your head around. Mind you - I couldn't see the error that was popping up - I just assumed she was jamming the SD card in the USB slot or something.

Sure, Alex has negative points, but in his favour he's

1) A good salesman.

2) Hungry attitude.

2) Not too posh.

Against:

1) Girly stubble.

If you look beyond the editing, you can see that his head is screwed on and he is a fairly clever guy for his age. Of the people that we've 'seen', who else has a better chance?

Mind you, not that ability or suitability means anything anyway, look at last year's winner! There's no job really etc.

EDIT: Lee's got no chance either, really - he's not smart enough, and is a bit of a blowhard. Personally, if I could choose a winner based on potential it would be Kevin - although from the ones I've seen where he's featured, they've edited it to make him look a bit comedic.

When have we seen him be a good salesman though? Or a good anything, but a "player of the game"? In weeks 2 and 3 he was pretty none existent?

(And he is posh as he was forced to declare to Nicholas in episode 1's board room, although I'm not sure why that matters?)

While I'm sure they have edited it, there's something things that can't be "edited" about Kevin - mainly his complete incompetence and stupidity last week. (Latte is a desert, 150 tomatoes etc)

I still think Jenny (the black haired one we haven't seen much of, not the ginger haired crazy one) might be the winner. She's kept her head very low, but in general when we've seen here she's been talking sense.

Having said this I'm still pretty convinced that this year is the weakest set of candidates ever. Think of them compared to the first seasons lot...:unsure:

Yeah seriously - Lucinda's airheadedness was really starting to grate last night. Ok, Helena totally shouldn't have put her in that situation but computers aren't that hard to wrap your head around. Mind you - I couldn't see the error that was popping up - I just assumed she was jamming the SD card in the USB slot or something.

I'll agree that Lucinda shouldnt have been given that job as she made it clear she didnt have a clue, but still its 2008 people.

When have we seen him be a good salesman though? Or a good anything, but a "player of the game"? In weeks 2 and 3 he was pretty none existent?

(And he is posh as he was forced to declare to Nicholas in episode 1's board room, although I'm not sure why that matters?)

While I'm sure they have edited it, there's something things that can't be "edited" about Kevin - mainly his complete incompetence and stupidity last week. (Latte is a desert, 150 tomatoes etc)

I still think Jenny (the black haired one we haven't seen much of, not the ginger haired crazy one) might be the winner. She's kept her head very low, but in general when we've seen here she's been talking sense.

Having said this I'm still pretty convinced that this year is the weakest set of candidates ever. Think of them compared to the first seasons lot...:unsure:

Oh, I'm not basing Alex's sales ability on anything we've seen. I used to be the Recruitment Director for an international magazine and conference company, I can pick a good sales person out by the cut of their gib.

I didn't say he wasn't posh, I said 'not too posh'. The reason it matters is that they'll be going for a winner who is different to last year's, and he had a plummy accent. That's why Raef has no chance.

I know Kevin made a few mistakes in the restaurant one, but you have to expect that in the hurly burly of what they are doing. Everyone makes mistakes - you just don't necessarily see them. What was apparent to me in that episode was that as an all-round 'candidate', he stood head and shoulders above everyone else in the programme. Purposeful and hard-working, with some control in the face of the poor PM.

Is Jenny the Irish one? Yes, she might be good, but as you say she's kept her head down. I'm inclined to say not though, as she looks like she's got scared eyes...and yes, they are all weak. Mind you, there's hardly been anyone all-round decent in ANY series of the apprentice - except the Badger, of course!

Alpha - clever idea using the lookalike, and the backdrop for the photo was really good. Awful decision putting Lucinda and Raef in the technical roles, they would have been much better in sales (as Raef has already proved in other tasks). Kevin is still a knob. Still they made a profit, even with the awful A4 paper prints...

Renaissance - must have spent a lot of money on blank stuff to put photos on. And they can't have sold many of the "package" deals (at £25 they only needed to sell 24 of them to break even...). Simon spent all his time saying "I'm managing you" and then actually forgetting to do any management. There's no way it should have taken them more than 3 horus to fix the problems with the order system. How hard is it to write "3rd photo of the lady in the blue dress" on a piece of paper?

It was the right decision, Simon got himself lost in the creative aspect of the task (like Paul did with the terrible hi-fi ad a couple of series ago). But Lucinda is the weakest link and needs to go RAPIDLY.

I'm sure that Lucinda was purposely not learning just to prove a point.

I know Kevin made a few mistakes in the restaurant one, but you have to expect that in the hurly burly of what they are doing. Everyone makes mistakes - you just don't necessarily see them. What was apparent to me in that episode was that as an all-round 'candidate', he stood head and shoulders above everyone else in the programme. Purposeful and hard-working, with some control in the face of the poor PM.

Kevin is absolutely abysmal. He was truly awful in the restaurant task, and he's like Matt Lucas doing a new farmer character in Little Britain.

Oh, I'm not basing Alex's sales ability on anything we've seen. I used to be the Recruitment Director for an international magazine and conference company, I can pick a good sales person out by the cut of their gib

£5 a lobster.. I think that covers his selling ability and general worth.

This year it's terrible. All I can think of are negative points and those with any strengths will just not have the team behind them to win.

The bullies: Jenny Redhead and Helene. Helene saw how Lucinda broke down with Jenny and took that totally to the extent that she took herself, Lucinda and Raef into the production room. Given both the girls in there were fucking and entirely useless they had Raef putting stickers on mugs. Helene was lucky they managed to make some money as from the show she seemed like a stupid warped bitch intent on power tripping on one other useless member of the team.

She also used the backroom to hide there and avoid any work and just bark at Lucinda to avoid authority. She's a Jenny wannabe since the laundry task and thinks she can take her game and do her better. I can't wait to see both of them take each other on.

The clueless Maybe it's the editing of the show, but Lindsi or whatever her name is, is a fucking idiot. Always walking around with her over streched smile and eyelashes so big that at night they form together and she becomes Venom from spiderman she has only shown herself to be a massive suck up with horrible ideas. She flashes her pearls are Sir Alan in the boardroom thinking he's going to get up off his chair and pat her on the head since shes so clever with her personal service of the laundry sell. No- fuck off, and take your fucking useless idea of chatting up people who just want to eat a curry and disturbing them at their meal- especially when time is rife. You useless cow. And that's before I saw her website and her beyond belief poses for the camera. Jesus.

Lucinda is plain barmy. Someone on the production team before the series began interviewed her and threw her in so that she could be a nutter on national television. Shes completely eccentric, has outbursts that sound angry in her head, but a desperate wail of someone backed into a corner, tears streaming down her face with a bright pink beret on her head. She has 0 backbone and has been thrown into a den of lions for lolz.

The sneaky Alex confirmed his place this week to be a total schemer. He has a survival attitude and he thinks he's playing it smart, and he would be if it wasn't so entirely obvious. I guess it's easy in front of the cameras to not think people will pick up on it, but they do and I'm glad Magaret put the little sneaky shit in his place. If you're going to be sly, do it slyly, the knob. He's going to be one to slag off future PM's if it helps his cause.

I haven't seen much of the Irish Jenny, but I think she'll end up being a sly one too.

The "at the pub" blokes Rough and tough, its Lee and Kevin. They can do things well if they get give the right task, Lee seems far stronger and more straightfoward than Kevin but he looks like every so often he goes "Time to assert my authoritay" and he'll make himself look over the top tough in front of the camera. He'll follow orders but he'll either interpret people as manipulating him as a team leader and shout at them in third person. "LEE MCQUEEN IS PROJECT MANAGER, FOR FUCKS SAKE,ARE YOU HAVING A LAFF?" He has no charisma and no creative output from what I can see-- just a straightforward hard talker. *If Hexx defends him, it's only because he fancies him, so DENIED"

Kevin thinks very highly of himself and is a know it all. His head chef debacle with the italian restaurant makes him think he's already king of the world in his probable high street bank manager role. It's clear he didnt want to listen to an expert who was in the kitchen to guide them last week, so he will probably never really listen to any team members. He'll lay low unless given some authority in which case he won't shut the fuck up. He's like the kid in the playground who would say stuff like "My dad got me one from Japan" when talking about a console that hasn't even come out.

The Posh Blokes Micheal just seems like a kid. Dancing, singing, and just like a teenager on xbox live or something, he only seems to trash talk other people in those off task interview things. Then he lets rip as long as none of the other team members are around to hear him. He would collapse if attacked in the board room by either Sir Alan or anyone else. He had near tears in his eyes in the first week I think. Not too far off Lucinda in weakness terms, but far more likeable than her so he'll last until he's attacked in the board room. He'll try and put on boots bigger than he can wear when he's project manager though and that may backfire.

Raef at the moment seems like the strongest to me just because he isn't an A1 cunt and because he's not openly backstabbing. Like this week showed, he will avoid conflicts that have nothing to do with him and just get on with what he's being told. He can work quietly but also get others to work with him- when they like him perhaps. Now that he's on the same team as one of the bullies, we may see a dark side to the posh general- but I don't think Helene would fuck with him, might talk about but not pull a Lucinda, she can only prey on the weak.

But yeah, he's definately clocked on this week so how he has to play it. He knows when to hang back and when to speak out.

Overall, in season 1 Sir Alan said that it wasn't tv execs who say what happens on the show, it's him. And to an extent it was believeable. It made sense without us wondering about any agenda's behind the scenes. This time, with such a near incompetant line up, I'm shocked. He has never been so pissed off in boardrooms so either he's pissed at the idea of having to employ one of these buffons or just been told to play up that way and be more aggressive. Either way, none of them deserve the role from what I see right now.

EDIT- I forgot Sara- she dealt with Claire ok enough so I have decent hopes for her. She also stood up to Jenny. She's a decent one.

£5 a lobster.. I think that covers his selling ability and general worth.

Like I said, mistakes will be made in the hurly-burly of a task. But then I'm basing my decision on my own experience of gauging people on their personalities and demeanour, not on their inability to do something for which they have no aptitude or training.

My thoughts on Lucinda were of pity, to say she is not a technical person and can't work a mobile/camera etc - fair enough for admitting a weakness but you want to work in business, for a technology company?!?!

Are Amstrad going to send her back to the fucking 1920's so she can use quill and ink?

And as for Sugar, again fair play that he told Simon straight up that he was out of his depth and didn't think he could manage a stock portfolio - but then hire an investor you bearded twat instead of interviewing these self-promoting cunts whom the majority of which have no professional integrity.

He has no charisma and no creative output from what I can see-- just a straightforward hard talker. *If Hexx defends him, it's only because he fancies him, so DENIED"

He does have charisma - see last night a when he was being the photographer and talking, chatting up the parents and entertaining kids.

He is straight talking and does have some grasp of the issues without getting lost in management speak (see laundry task).

Although he can't spell and will prob explode "like a missile to space" when in charge.

Prob another Simon. A good second in command, bad for leadership.

Still hot though, and I can still think he's most deserving of the job :lol:

I think Uzi made some good points about Reaf too.

Sara was pretty good as a "Team member" too.

But then I'm basing my decision on my own experience of gauging people on their personalities and demeanour, not on their inability to do something for which they have no aptitude or training.

Oki doki. That's of course up to you. But given what we've seen, e.g. how badly he reacts when asked hard/straight/difficult questions (e.g. his awful back peddling when asked to be 2nd last night) I think he'd be an awful sales man.

I really really want to see an "Apprentice:All Stars". The Badger, Kristen, Tre, Syed etc would destroy these people.

computers aren't that hard to wrap your head around

They really are, we just can't see it anymore. My mum bought her first computer recently and its been hell trying to show her how to do basic tasks like browsing to websites, or playing a CD.

"When you put the disc in a little window will pop up giving you options to choose what you want to do with it."

"What's a window?"

Oki doki. That's of course up to you. But given what we've seen, e.g. how badly he reacts when asked hard/straight/difficult questions (e.g. his awful back peddling when asked to be 2nd last night) I think he'd be an awful sales man.

Hmmm, I've just had a look at his profile on The Apprentice website, and it seems he's a regional sales manager for Sainsury's Energy, heading up a team of thirty sales people. So basically he's a door knocker. Anybody who can survive in that environment long enough to head up a team of thirty people can sell, no question. Most people don't have the stones to last more than a few weeks in that sort of job.

It also says on his profile that he's single, but has a girlfriend! That's a funny definition of single if you ask me...and I'm sure that his girlfriend would agree.

Hmmm, I've just had a look at his profile on The Apprentice website, and it seems he's a regional sales manager for Sainsury's Energy, heading up a team of thirty sales people. So basically he's a door knocker. Anybody who can survive in that environment long enough to head up a team of thirty people can sell, no question. Most people don't have the stones to last more than a few weeks in that sort of job.

It also says on his profile that he's single, but has a girlfriend! That's a funny definition of single if you ask me...and I'm sure that his girlfriend would agree.

I'd say "care for a friendly wager" about who's right, but I don't think we'd ever agree on what happens to settle it :lol:

Anyone spot what next weeks task is?

Heh, I'd make a bet on the Apprentice if I thought there was any more to winning than being the choice of the production team...you may as well flip a coin as try to pick a winner based on their 'abilities'.

Heh, I'd make a bet on the Apprentice if I thought there was any more to winning than being the choice of the production team...you may as well flip a coin as try to pick a winner based on their 'abilities'.

The best way we've done it was last year. We had the picture of the "group" from the FT and based on looks alone everyone in the offoce picked a "first to go","finalists" and "winner". (you couldn't pick the same person in the same position as someone else).

£1 entry, and person who got "most" right won at the end.

No way to do it on talent :lol:

:lol: Awesome! That's a brilliant way of doing it.

EDIT: We should do that here next year! Unworkable to do it for money obviously, but it sounds like good fun.

I'm pleased (sad?) to say I got first to go, and 1 of the 4 finalists. No idea when one though.

Ah...the Ice Cream one...that's always been good in the US.

Maybe someone will **finally** make Caramac Ice Cream