IGNORED

If You Were Forced To Eat One Thing For A Month

Blue

Potatos, no doubt about it. In fact I did it when I was 18 and waiting for my dole to come through.

I'd alternate between Jacket, roast, mash with gravy and dauphinoise.

Oooooh no you won't. Refer to potato rules. :(

Fish

Rules, people. Rules! You can't have "fish"... only a specific fish, cooked in a specific way.

One more slip up and you'll all be on dry toast for a month! :lol:

I once knew a lad who only drank Sunny Delight (as it was then known) and he turned orange. So I'd never go the 'SunnyD route', as it were.

However, this behaviour must now be epidemic in the UK given the massive numbers of orange people I've seen this winter...usually dressed in tracksuits for some reason.

Rllmuk forum: We discuss issues - Europe, conspiracy theories, what happens if you just eat crisps...

Anyhow, clearly the answer must be bananas. I've considered just eating bananas many times. I assume it works for monkeys, and they're pretty similar to us. And if you wanted a bit of variety you could eat one with the skin on.

Obviously you can't have pizza. You might just as well say you could live happily on buffets for a month.

Look, you'll have to choose a pizza topping instead, e.g. a month of anchovies. In that case I'd aim low and start off with a single meal that's just anchovies before committing to anything more grandiose.

Upon reflection I think if I went for bananas I'd have to fill the house with them and I don't know how well I'd cope with all that yellow, so I'm changing mine to garmonbozia.

Fresh baked french bread and butter - I don't think I'd ever get tired of that

If I can't have fish then this will suffice. As long as it's not that ove salted weird tasting organic muck from Tesco. had it a week ago, well yuck!

Obviously you can't have pizza. You might just as well say you could live happily on buffets for a month.

Yeah, you can have any one specific pizza... even a meat supreme, as long as you only have that pizza every time.

Would fried rice be allowed though, seeing as you can't use oil with potatoes?

Yes, any one particular variety of fried rice is fine. You can have any potato dish under the sun, with all the oil or other ingredients in it you like... as long as you have that particular dish every time. If you want "potatoes", then you can't have any further ingredients, except salt.

Potatoes - most versatile vegetable I can think of. mashed one day, roasted the next, baked, and so on.

:unsure:

Wait a minute - do we have access to butter and seasoning?

See above, and previously, for spud rules. ;)

The overarching rule is that you will be eating the same (one course) "meal" every time you eat, for a month.

Home made minestrone soup. Mmmmmmm.

Last summer I had fresh beetroot salad pretty much every day for lunch at work for 2 months. I couldn't get enough. Now I'm kinda over beetroots.

Yeah, you can have any one specific pizza... even a meat supreme, as long as you only have that pizza every time.

No you can't, don't be ridiculous. You think that just because you started the thread and came up with the original question that you can set the rules? For shame.

Consider the Hawaiian pizza. It's disgusting, but all the same it's got ham and pineapple and cheese and God knows what else on it. Now in your first post you're saying that we can't choose 'fruit' and have to choose something specific like apples. But this horrible Hawaiian pizza not only contains several types of food but also mixes meat and fruit. It's madness! If we're allowed to have pizzas then we ought to be allowed to have tins of mixed fruit, but that's just a gateway to even more ludicrous choices like a a bowl of soup with a Fruit Corner floating in it or a chicken stuffed with Rolos. Ultimately you come to those compressed three course meals in a tablet that they raise astronauts on and then your question has lost all meaning.

Is that what you want to happen?