rllmuk
ventress

The Everton FC thread - Brace for Ancelotti!

Ah, the inevitable Liverpool cup defeat marking the effective end of an up and down season. Well, apart from the slight chance of finishing above then in the league. <_<

Recipe for a better 2012/13: More cash, a creative player like Donovan/Arteta/Peanut, a still-motivated Moyesie, a bit more composure through the team when it matters, and anything other than a glacial start. Who knows, we could challenge for a top 6 next year. :unsure:

A sugar daddy who doesn't bother coming to the games but willing to put in £110m a year would be nice too.

Well that was one of the worst second halves I've seen us play. Utter shite, and such a disappointment after playing really well in the last few games. Even in the first half we didn't look great, and against a poor Liverpool too. Like you say, what a difference someone like Pienaar makes to us, different story had he been eligible? Who knows, probably not given our seeming fear of playing them! Ah well, there's always next year...

At 3-1 down there I was expecting the usual Old Trafford capitulation, maybe ship another couple of goals the way things were going. Ready to switch off and do something more entertaining. Glad I didn't though, what an absolutely crazy game with virtually no defending whatsoever at times, but a whole bunch of decent goals even so. And who knows, maybe now we've got Jelavic and if we can keep hold of Pienaar we might actually start next season somewhere near the start of it!

• Upvote 1

As a Utd fan I'm annoyed that you managed to pull 2 goals back near the end. It was sweetened slightly by Scouse losing though as I do want you guys to finish above them. :)

Panic stations definitely need to be manned!

Evertonspacer.gif boss David Moyes has been installed as the early favourite to take the reins at Tottenham next season.

from http://www1.skysport...to-leave-Spurs-

and

The future of Everton midfielder Tim Cahill remains up in the air, with clubs in Saudi Arabia and China thought to be the latest to target the Australia international.

Last week Cahillspacer.gif reportedly turned down turned down a 16million dollar (£10.3million) three-year deal from an unnamed club in Saudi Arabia.

from http://www1.skysport...-keen-on-Cahill

I suspect if Moyes goes, we may see the likes of Fellaini, Baines and possibly even Jagielka follow Cahill out the door and we can kiss goodbye to getting Pienaar back permanently. (I've resigned myself to Cahill leaving already so as not to be totally gutted if it happens) The core players in our team are less likely to withstand approaches without DM at the helm

Lets hope Moyes stays loyal like he has done for years - I thought the only job he'd be lured away to would be Sir Alex's at United when he finally retires but I guess we'll see his resolve over the next few weeks

Indeed, the team is fucked if he goes. I honestly don't see why Moyes is allegedly at the top of Spurs list though, sure he can put together a strong team with a good work ethic and spirit but a bit of flair that goes with the traditional romantic view of Spurs? Hardly, swashbuckling isn't something you'd really associate with him. Martinez looks like a better fit for them although that'd be more of a gamble given he's only reached the heady heights of Wigan so far - didn't stop the other lot picking up Rodgers though, but I suppose they were pretty desperate. Hopefully it's just idle media speculation, certainly wouldn't be the first time.

Definitely not the first time that the media has speculated about Moyes leaving, and if this turns out to be false, it certaintly won't be the last. I've also always felt that the only job he'd leave Everton for would be to take over from Fergie at United. Fingers crossed that this is just baseless speculation.

5live had benitez/holloway as options for moyes replacement. I'd take holloway but benitez? :unsure:

Might be worth it to piss off the lids...

Dave Whelan also had something funny to say, He was joshing on about Martinez being the first name to be raised whenever there's a vacancy, it's similar to moyes. Everytime there's a vacancy, it's all about whether he'll take on the challenge/move to the next step/spend wisely.

tl;dr: Moyes stays, we start the season shit, shout how he should've left at Christmas then bum him hard when he brings us in at sixth in May.

But that's the thing, he's done a great job with a fairly limited team with little money at a club that he loves and suits him down to the ground but that's about it. When he does get something a bit more fancy, say Fernandes, Drenthe, or, erm, Shandy Andy then he doesn't seem to have a clue what to do with them because they don't fit what he knows. Same for Europe, should we get there again you just know most games will be 15 minutes of adventure, 75 minutes of arse clenching terror. Bar the Europe stuff which is infuriating it's something that works well for us (eventually) but when I hear Spurs or Man U mentioned it makes me wonder what planet people are on. They'd go mental if they played the Moyes way and just because he does pretty well with us doesn't mean it'd translate elsewhere. He keeps us around the top of the second tier and that's his lot and I'm happy with that.

Moyes has alledgedly come out and said there has been no contact from Spurs however if there was the first person he'd speak to was the chairman.

Hardly the 'I'm not interested and happy at Everton' I was hoping for

Was dreading the thought of him leaving until ventress mentioned Holloway as a possible replacement. Gutted as I'd be to see DM leave, Holloway would be an amazing consolation prize.

Benitez though - please god no!

Also, completely agree that Moyes has no track record at spending money. Not sure his style would translate either

He's in studio on BBC1 for the Czech/Polski game - Just want Gary to ask him outright!

Gary "You aren't going to tell us who you are scouting then?"

Davey "I need some money first!"

• Upvote 1

Everton v Manchester United

Aston Villa v Everton

West Bromwich Albion v Everton

Everton v Newcastle United

Swansea City v Everton

Everton v Southampton

Wigan Athletic v Everton

Queens Park Rangers v Everton

Everton v Liverpool

Fulham v Everton

Everton v Sunderland

Reading v Everton

Everton v Norwich City

Everton v Arsenal

Manchester City v Everton

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

Stoke City v Everton

West Ham United v Everton

Everton v Wigan Athletic

Everton v Chelsea

Newcastle United v Everton

Everton v Swansea City

Southampton v Everton

Everton v West Bromwich Albion

Everton v Aston Villa

Manchester United v Everton

Norwich City v Everton

Everton v Reading

Arsenal v Everton

Everton v Manchester City

Everton v Stoke City

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

Everton v Queens Park Rangers

Sunderland v Everton

Everton v Fulham

Liverpool v Everton

Everton v West Ham United

Chelsea v Everton

Couldn't hope for a kinder fixture list, the filling in that ManU/Arsenal sandwich has got to be the easiest looking first three months in living history. On the flip side, if even faced with this we still somehow manage to jeff it up and do the usual sum total of sod all before Santa arrives, then we're knackered.

I'd rather we had the hard matches at the start of the season for when we do our perennial slow start.

Anyways, great news!! Pienaar has come home. We could still do with a couple more additions to strengthen the smallest squad in the premier league but Naismith (provisionally) and Pienaar are good starts for the summer's business.

Is Naismith any good? I was worried that after buying one good SPL player it might be asking a bit much to get two. Pienaar in and Cahill out isn't a bad thing, Pienaar showed he's still playing well enough to make a difference whereas for Cahill, brilliant as he's been, will be more a loss in the dressing room than on the pitch. Shame he's not been able to stay around a bit longer for a proper send off for a player who's undoubtedly an Everton legend, I've loved his time with us.

Jellibits seems to rate him. He's not that old, it just depends on whether his knees hold up.

Hibbo testy tomorrow. Odds on him scoring? I predict a riot...

So Utd tomorrow. We're going in to face the 2nd best team in the prem at home on the first 'weekend' of the season. Thanks Sky for fucking over the schedule so we don't start until Monday but also thanks for remembering that some of us live 500 miles away from scouseland but still wanna see a game on a school night.

Looking in the utd thread there's talk of their injury crisis already. We've got a predominantly fit squad with perennial sicknote Rodwell cashed in to citeh. Keeping Baines has also been a major fillip to our seasons hopes.

So predictions? I can't really see anything else than a score draw. Jelly to link with Naismith to get at least one but Howard to drop a clanger and let everyone's favourite dutch mercenary RVP open his utd account. Another goal of the ilk he banged in against us last season would be impressive but sickening. (Plus a point puts us above the mid-table lids from across the park)

tl;dr: COYB!!

Mild dread, although it looks like we have a pretty decent team to put out to be honest. Baffling that we're still being linked with Owen by various people, it's the laziest journalism I've seen in ages, can't see any reason for it other than the "Everton are in the North West" angle. Why on earth would it make any sense at all? Unless you wanted him to get into coaching or something.

Any chance we may have ended up with Owen surely (and hopefully) disappeared with the signing of Mirallas.

Granted, my opinion is based on the masses of Youtube clips of him that I've watched since we were linked but I am genuinely excited about the little Belgian speedster.

He looks completely different to the 'usual' Everton player - full of tricks and pace. A few mentions of him being the 'Belgian Ronaldo' and others about 'Mirallas magic'. He is either going to be amazing or a complete waste of money

If Moyes can get him working hard too though, we may just have made the value for money signing of the window

COYB

Jaggers is a goal stopping machine

Just need Distin to snap Van Persie in two now and the night will be complete

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just watching a replay of the goal. Why on earth is Vidic not on Marrow leaving Carrick to take Jaggers? Madness!

Can we please buy Fellaini from you??

What a performance!!

Jagielka & Distin were superb too.

Well done Everton!!

• Upvote 1