Jump to content
rllmuk
ventress

The Everton FC thread - Brace for Ancelotti!

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Seanfl9 said:

Anyone know anything about trying to pick up a ticket for Everton v Man City at Goodison on 22/09. I'm assuming the chances using the website are slim. I figured viagogo or livefootballtickets but they are a last resort. 

Better not be for you! you should be in Boro that day :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seanfl9 said:

Anyone know anything about trying to pick up a ticket for Everton v Man City at Goodison on 22/09. I'm assuming the chances using the website are slim. I figured viagogo or livefootballtickets but they are a last resort. 

 

The Everton website is literally impossible to buy tickets from. In previous years I've been in some catch 22 situation where you needed an ID number that I had but didn't know in order to buy a ticket, and they didn't know it either. Now I simply "don’t meet the necessary criteria to purchase from this section at this time" and it doesn't tell me what those criteria are :lol: Shite. 

 

So there's stubhub (https://www.stubhub.co.uk/everton-tickets-everton-liverpool-goodison-park-28-9-2019/event/104207706/?sort=price+asc&tktbkt=5), only had a brief look and the prices aren't too horrible however I didn't see any mention of restricted views, which is definitely possible at Goodison depending on seat although it's not that bad if you get one. Alternatively you could give a go at a request in the ticket threat on the grandoldteam forum, might need to sign up to see it (https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/match-ticket-thread-spares-requests-face-value-only.51495)

 

Your biggest problem might be that the match is actually on the 28th though (5.30pm kickoff). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stefcha said:

 

The Everton website is literally impossible to buy tickets from. In previous years I've been in some catch 22 situation where you needed an ID number that I had but didn't know in order to buy a ticket, and they didn't know it either. Now I simply "don’t meet the necessary criteria to purchase from this section at this time" and it doesn't tell me what those criteria are :lol: Shite. 

 

So there's stubhub (https://www.stubhub.co.uk/everton-tickets-everton-liverpool-goodison-park-28-9-2019/event/104207706/?sort=price+asc&tktbkt=5), only had a brief look and the prices aren't too horrible however I didn't see any mention of restricted views, which is definitely possible at Goodison depending on seat although it's not that bad if you get one. Alternatively you could give a go at a request in the ticket threat on the grandoldteam forum, might need to sign up to see it (https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/match-ticket-thread-spares-requests-face-value-only.51495)

 

Your biggest problem might be that the match is actually on the 28th though (5.30pm kickoff). 

 

 

Thanks for the info, mate. 

 

Yes, the date is quite a big one. I should've spotted that! Baring has so kindly reminded me that I actually have plans on the 22nd. The 28th however, is perfect! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see him being the right manager for the club, just doesn't feel right for some reason , but who knows. It's not like he's clueless or anything is it. Probably just that Everton fatalism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sent to my mates when asked my thoughts on him

 

“The fact we can get someone of his calibre is amazing and pretty much the best we could have hoped for. 
However, rather than wank him off now just because we’ve been able to afford him, I’ll avoid getting really excited about it until we see what he is able to do with the side between now and the end of the season
He may have won every trophy there is to win but this is Everton ffs and it’s not the same as taking over teams who were largely favourites to win things anyway

Shortened version: Happy but lets wait and see...”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2019 at 08:03, Wincho said:

Sent to my mates when asked my thoughts on him

 

“The fact we can get someone of his calibre is amazing and pretty much the best we could have hoped for. 
However, rather than wank him off now just because we’ve been able to afford him, I’ll avoid getting really excited about it until we see what he is able to do with the side between now and the end of the season
He may have won every trophy there is to win but this is Everton ffs and it’s not the same as taking over teams who were largely favourites to win things anyway

Shortened version: Happy but lets wait and see...”

 

I still don't quite get this attitude. Would you want someone who's taken less successful teams on, and won everything, and is great with the media, and who has got out of relegation fights etc, etc, etc.

That's not going to happen, especially if you're not a former top top club.

 

It's ludicrous. The attitude of getting someone in to 'fix' is you end up with Big Sam again, and that's horrible for everyone. Except Big Sam.

 

This guy has got experience of nearly everything. How can this not be amazing for Everton, after years of cloggers or the disastrous Silva.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2019 at 08:36, Hamus said:

 

I still don't quite get this attitude. Would you want someone who's taken less successful teams on, and won everything, and is great with the media, and who has got out of relegation fights etc, etc, etc.

That's not going to happen, especially if you're not a former top top club.

 

It's ludicrous. The attitude of getting someone in to 'fix' is you end up with Big Sam again, and that's horrible for everyone. Except Big Sam.

 

This guy has got experience of nearly everything. How can this not be amazing for Everton, after years of cloggers or the disastrous Silva.


You seem to be addressing points I didn’t make. 

If you go back and read what I wrote you’ll see that I said it is amazing and the best we could have hoped for
 

To answer your question “How can this not be amazing for Everton?”
If he doesn’t get the team playing better and doesn’t get us winning games, I’d say that would ‘not be amazing’. 
I don’t think they dish out points just for having a good CV so I stand by my comment that I’ll judge him on what he does with the team between now and the end of this season. The signs are good with 2 wins from 2 games but there is a long way to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was more based about how many have taken that standpoint, i.e. your mate,

 and naturally the media. The the five live phone in nutcases too.

 

Why not get really excited? Go on! It is about time for Everton to have some joy. The worse that could happen is that it could go wrong and you'll at least have the fun times now.

 

You're right though, it's amazing and I hope it wakes up Everton and sees them succeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Everton interest has been at an all time low these last 2 years and today just further displays everything wrong with the club.
I have never cared so little about a group of players in my life.

A bunch of losers, all of them. Head droppers, quitters. I want all traces of the last 4 years gone, only a handful of people at the club still play for the shirt.

 

Everton fans hate Ross Barkley but he was 100% right about our club. We are bad at coaching and don't develop players. A well-coached Liverpool youth team completely showed up our current first team. JonJoe Kenny is killing it in Germany, if he cares for his career he'll stay there. Mason Holgate has only come good because of a loan move to West Brom last season. Our players improve faster under other teams than they do with us.

 

I'm sick of all of it. No more buying players from big clubs who failed to make an impression. No more overspending. No more players who are taking a step down for us because they failed at the peak. I want hungry players, players who are looking upwards, players who will either make a name for themselves at Everton or go onto to bigger things.

Until these things are done the stench of failure will continue to persist.

  • Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.