The Everton FC thread - Brace for Ancelotti!

On 01/08/2018 at 16:16, Wincho said:

Sadly we needed to replace Baines. One of my favourite players ever to grace the shirt but all good things eventually come to an end

I feel like this new lad is going to be a great signing. With Coleman back on the right too (there is not a better RB in the league in my opinion) we just have the small issue of needing 2 CB’s and thats the defence sorted

So we got those 2 CBS then in Mina and Zouma, with Bernard and Gomes thrown in for good measure

Thats as good a transfer window as we could have hoped for. 

Sure, they won’t all work out but there is some real promise there and at least we got the positions addressed that needed strengthening.

The best bit about Everton is when we have players that are the best of Everton, that they know how much they mean to the fans and community and embrace it rather than being above it. Hopefully this is another one. 

20 minutes ago, stefcha said:

The best bit about Everton is when we have players that are the best of Everton, that they know how much they mean to the fans and community and embrace it rather than being above it. Hopefully this is another one. 

Pickford gave his gloves to a young Wolves fan too.  He got a decent reception from the South Bank second half.

Part of me thinks this is an Everton marketing push to try and recruit fans :) 

Do they still do player parade at home games?

Taking my 3 boys to the Huddersfield game and it’s my youngest’s first match so would be nice to meet/ see the players up close like I have done with my other two boys when they first went 

3 hours ago, Wincho said:

Do they still do player parade at home games?

Taking my 3 boys to the Huddersfield game and it’s my youngest’s first match so would be nice to meet/ see the players up close like I have done with my other two boys when they first went 

They shifted it to after the match a while back (Park End players car park, same place), although with the new manager you'd best check with the club to be sure - never know if he's got different pre & post match activities that have new requirements of the team.

• 5 months later...

I think I preferred it whe we were just plain shit, week in week out. At least I knew what to expect. 

I’m hanging on to the fact that we are a striker away from being brilliant. Got to the point now though where I don’t want us to buy one as having one and still being crap would be too hard to take. 

We are condemned to not being anywhere near good enough to take points from the top teams and then winning half the time against the rest of the shite

• 3 weeks later...

In hindsight, losing 0-1 to Man City doesn't seem a bad result, does it. But then losing 1-0 to Watford.... fucking hell. Weird thing is that on paper we've got a really good team and not a bad squad at all in general. And the team are actually playing fairly well - you could argue we played "better" than Watford by almost any metric - but without any end product coupled with a strangely terrified defence. Great combo. And on our day, we're absolutely shite in all respects (generally reserved for my attendance). But then we know that, which is why the thread title never changes and never needs to. Everton, that.

On the plus side, we don't have any games for a fortnight. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone else underwhelmed at the lack of early transfer window activity?

Great business getting Gomes for £22m and Delph was also an astute buy, but I had hoped to have solved the ST and CB issues by now so that they could have had a full pre-season

and why is no-one buying our dross? “Got a selection of rare shite things on sale stranger”

I was surprised to see we still have none other than Kevin Mirallas on the books! Thought he'd fucked off long ago.

Also, Niasse masterclass starting here (or 3.33 if it doesn't work - there's a nice effort from Digne in between)

The new away kit was revealed today and it is even worse than the home kit. Truly fucking terrible.

The good news is they are so bad that none of my 3 boys want one this year so I feel like I have just ‘won’ about £200. 

Don’t you dare release a nice 3rd kit now Everton - more of the same please

I'll believe it when/if he actually signs tomorrow, otherwise it's far too close to someone mishearing "Moyes keen" for my liking.

Hopefully he's a hit not a miss given we've not had a great track record with strikers for quite some time, Lukaku excluded.

• 4 weeks later...

That’s a bit harsh.

DCL is a decent player but not a goal scorer and therefore should not be getting played as a striker.

That said, I’m not sure what position you could play him in but when he is that bad at finishing he needs to be kept well away from centre forward for sure

On a separate issue, I’m a big fan of Andre Gomes but that was quite possibly one of the worst centre midfield performances I’ve ever seen

• 2 weeks later...