Sign in to follow this  
Corporal Flashback

Sega Asks A Possibly Fateful Question

I searched, found nothing. Anyway.

dreamcast_logo.gif

20080308dc08-2.jpg

Sega Japan have updated their official Dreamcast site and are asking the world "Do you still own a Dreamcast?" Why? There doesn't seem to be any answer at the moment. They have opened up a new sub-site where Dreamcast owners can register, using their Dreamcast’s serial numbers, allowing them access to their own “@user.dreamcast.com” account.

I think something big is being planned for although I don't know what to think it could be yet. What are your oppinions on this?

Looking at the link ad for the "Do you still own a Dreamcast?" banner from the official site you see this -

http://www.dreamcast.com/dc_promo_2008_rc.jpg

So, definitely something happening this 2008.

Link -

http://www.dreamcast.com/

Sega Nerds article -

http://www.seganerds.com/2008/03/08/sega-j...2008/#more-3816

I don't think it's going to be anything useful. A free mug coaster for your continued support or something. But, as Hauser said...

quaid.jpg

"You never know."

Shenmue3.

Must be.

on a sidenote I still have my launch JP Dreamcast in working order which is amazing because it has taken one hell of a beating over the course of its lifetime and probably sat unused for over a year now but still works perfectly - take that MS.

looks like it was fatal for their webserver...

Due the high volume of account requests, the service will be temporally suspended.

Maybe they'll be making it open source or something... Release SDKs for free and such-like. Step three would be making lots and lots of money!

Actually, maybe they will be giving away excess stock for free? If they've got thousands of games in a warehouse... then again, they might just destroy it for tax purposes.

When considering this, you need to consider what will Sega gain from it?

Maybe they'll be making it open source or something... Release SDKs for free and such-like. Step three would be making lots and lots of money!

As cool as that would be, I say: dream on.

I still own a Dreamcast, not used it much in the last couple of years but hey, I own one! Does that count?

Actually, maybe they will be giving away excess stock for free? If they've got thousands of games in a warehouse... then again, they might just destroy it for tax purposes.

When considering this, you need to consider what will Sega gain from it?

Love.

Still own a dreamcast - good old soul calibur.... could it be a great attachment for the console like many of the great sucesses of the past!!!!!!!!

megacd.jpg

or...

n64dd.jpg

or maybe even....

bg05_640w.jpg

Hope its the last one... + a flux capacitor

I used to know where that warehouse was.....

painted on a piece of glass ?

Actually, maybe they will be giving away excess stock for free? If they've got thousands of games in a warehouse...

:angry: