rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
rubberducker

The Ultimate Burger

If you want a pretty straight burger, rather than something towering high with exotic toppings, Dirtyburger is just a walk down the river away from you I think. The cheese and bacon burger has been amazing whenever I've been.

They look mouth wateringly meaty. I'll try them both cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Amsterdam this weekend. Anyone recommend any burger joints over there?

Bleecker is definitely the best London burger for me. They're way* too small, but very good.

*All burgers are too small these days. I do not understand small burgers.

Bought a meat grinder today and just ground £4 worth of sirloin and £3 of rump with a clove of garlic and white pepper. I made two burgers out of it, fried and finished with butter, served up in a bap with an entire pack of maple cured bacon and thick slices of mature cheddar. Jesus fucking Christ, I feel like I'm suffocating.  

• Upvote 2

I smoked some burgers on the weekend.

I wanted to just stick everything in the smoker and leave it without having to worry about overcooking things, these were just waitrose burgers so nothing too fancy but they came out amazing, especially with the cheese on top smoked as well. They were done at 200ish for 2hrs, I'd probably reduce the cook time if I tried it again but I'd definitely recommend the method.

• Upvote 1

Bleaker burger tomorrow for me pre book o Mormon.

Followed by trip to Hawksmoor on Thursday. Yum yum!

• Upvote 2

I did. And luckily on a half price day. Only problem was the queue was huge so I was running very late for the theatre. I was forced to eat on the move.

It didn't blow me away but It was a very meaty delight. Could've used a little more relish which I forgot to add due to being in a mad rush.

Didn't make it to Hawksmoor for a variety of reasons. Next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Bleecker Black today from the Canary Wharf pop-up. Definitely not as salty as the last one, so I think that was just a one-off. I thought it was very good, not really mind-blowing though. I liked the simplicity of it (and the lack of lettuce and tomatoes) and the black pudding slice added a different twist to the flavour and texture. You could tell the meat was of a better quality than normal.

I've had one and I'm not sold on our being the best in London. I tried to think about what the best is but I haven't had what I would class as a great burger since I had the one at Elliots at borough market. Maybe that's it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is there anywhere decent to go near Earl's Court? Gonna be around there in a week and a half for a couple of days. Think we popped into Byron last time and to be honest it was overpriced for what it was.

20 hours ago, DjSatansfur3h said:

Is there anywhere decent to go near Earl's Court? Gonna be around there in a week and a half for a couple of days. Think we popped into Byron last time and to be honest it was overpriced for what it was.

I walked past this place a few weeks ago http://www.roadstercalifornia.co.uk/ I haven't got a clue if it's over priced rubbish or any good. Fee free to try it out for us in this thread ;)

We're at Camden one night, so will have to see if we have time to pop into Honest Burger again, if there is bugger all at Earls Court.

Where can I go in London and sit down in a nice place, for a really good burger? Looking for a proper meal out this time, not a burger from a van (or "pop up" as they seem to be called in this thread now) regardless of how good it is. 

14 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Where can I go in London and sit down in a nice place, for a really good burger? Looking for a proper meal out this time, not a burger from a van (or "pop up" as they seem to be called in this thread now) regardless of how good it is. 

Hawksmoor? You can have a steak as a side.

9 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Hawksmoor? You can have a steak as a side.

They don't seem to have burgers on the menu, according to the website (I checked a couple of different venues in case they were different, but none listed burgers). 

Any branches that have a bar menu do burgers, so Seven Dials, Guildhall, Knightsbridge, Spitalfields and Manchester.

22 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

They don't seem to have burgers on the menu, according to the website (I checked a couple of different venues in case they were different, but none listed burgers). 

It's on the bar/express menu.

Also, thinking about it. I had a great burger at the Rivington Grill in Shoreditch. That's nice in a sit down way. Excellent selection of gin if that's your thing. And again you can have a steak as a side with your burger :)

6 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Also, thinking about it. I had a great burger at the Rivington Grill in Shoreditch. That's nice in a sit down way. Excellent selection of gin if that's your thing. And again you can have a steak as a side with your burger :)

That looks like a likely candidate, as I'll be over that way anyway. Thanks!

On 4 November 2015 at 3:59 PM, The Fox said:

And with good reason.

vO7M7fW.jpg

What sort of cheese is that?

I've been looking for the perfect kind of cheese for my home made burgers and keep coming up short. No supermarket that I frequent seems to do American Jack (I don't know if that's what I'm looking for but want to give it a shot).

Anyway, lamb burgers tonight. Just going to use whatever's in the fridge, which I think is cheddar.

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

What sort of cheese is that?

I've been looking for the perfect kind of cheese for my home made burgers and keep coming up short. No supermarket that I frequent seems to do American Jack (I don't know if that's what I'm looking for but want to give it a shot).

Anyway, lamb burgers tonight. Just going to use whatever's in the fridge, which I think is cheddar.

Waitrose do little packs of Jack cheese slices, they work very well on a burger.