The Ultimate Burger

London Burger Bash final tickets on sale, April 6th. Almost Famous are coming just to do some fries. Amazing sounding fries of course. Finalists are Freds, Bleeker St, Patty & Bun and Burger Bear.

There's only full tickets left, which is 4 half burgers, a pulled chuck steak slider, squeal piggy piggy fries and bicerin. Yum yum!

It's not really expensive though when you think about what it is.

It's a meal for £50. I know that's not drinks included but that's not actually that expensive for a meal, and what you're not getting in a 'restaurant experience' where people bring you food you're being part of a real buzz in London for good burgers.

I paid £50 for a ticket to see some theatre and I don't get any food with that. Experience, you know. Last time I went there was a great atmosphere there and it was entertaining watching the different competitors cooking their burgers, interacting with the crowd. Especially the Bez type guy from Almost Famous. Also it's the final! yay!

The other argument is that you get a LOT of food for £50, but I'm not sure that works as an argument because it's kinda more food than anyone should rightly eat in that session. It'll be the most first world event I go to this year.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not really expensive though when you think about what it is.

It's a meal for £50. I know that's not drinks included but that's not actually that expensive for a meal

I don't know where you usually eat, but a meal for one for £50? For just two and a half burgers and chips? I've thought about it, and yeah, that's really fucking expensive even if you take into account the atmosphere and those lovely, lovely burgers. Still jealous whatever.

There's a slightly cheaper burger bash thing in Hackney on 15th March - http://www.londonpopups.com/2014/02/tsls-burger-fest-in-hackney-downs.html

Honest are there along with four I've never heard of!

Tickets are £35 and will get you 5 half burgers, a bacon & maple syrup cupcake (veggie option also available) with a side of vanilla cookie fries for dessert from Cupcakes and Shhht, plus, if you arrive before 17:30 you’ll get a free bottle of Brew Dog beer.

Got these from Turner & George along with the massive steaks I posted in the steak thread. 4 burger patties and 4 brioche buns for a tenner, very reasonable:

kIh8vvB.jpg

The gross-looking stuff on top is some leftover grilled bone marrow with caramelised onions from the previous night's steak dinner. I appreciate it looks disgusting but it tasted awesome. Chipotle burger sauce on the top bun.

BfMDROd.jpg

Went to Hawksmoor earlier because the new pork burger special at Seven Dials looks lush. Sadly I hadn't noticed it starts on Monday. Had a kimchi burger in the end, which was as tasty and messy as I remember.

• 2 weeks later...