The Ultimate Burger

rubberducker

No idea, the Mega Manc one is obviously stupid. The normal one is doable if you cut it in half and squish it down.

Other good things about SoLita:

- Pulled pork Sundae: Pulled pork in glass topped with 40% butter mash, chicken skin scratchings and gravy

- The Kentucky Fried Bacon they put in some burgers

- The smoky hint that the charcoal inka oven gives the burgers

Big week for burgers - Shake Shack and Five Guys opening in Covent Garden, Soho Diner opening on Old Compton Street, Byron starting a new special (The Big B).

Planning to kick things off with a visit to Soho Diner this evening - a mate got invited to a preview event with 50% off the bill. That means I can justify eating twice as much right? :unsure:

The Big B looks at lot like the double double from codrington, which would be a great addition to the byron menu.

Who is going to Shake Shake & Five Guys on Friday then? I'm planning on doing both if I can get down there.

Depends on the quality of the burger I guess. I love them in America, but that's because they're good burgers for $5-7, not because they're fucking amazing burgers.

A Dead Hippie from Meat Mission is £7.50. An Honest Burger is £9 with chips. A fucking ARI GOLD is £7.50. So at the moment I don't see the point in Five Guys, which is a real shame.

That's pretty idiotic really, they seem to have missed the point spectacularly.

Evening Standard had some details about a place called Flesh and Buns yesterday:

noqo.jpg

My fucking word

Looking back through the thread, Nolita Cantina's been mentioned as a possible in Liverpool, but are there any others that people know of?

Nolita was superb when I went last week. For big chips and a little cheaper Club 23 in the basement of the Clove Hitch is worth a shot, had one amazing burger/chips and another that was decent.

Free State Kitchen is worth checking out.

There are only a few burgers but they're nice and clean, as a counterpoint to the filthy burgers of nolita. They have specials as well which at the moment is a mac and cheese burger. And there's an outdoors garden dining area!

Finally had an In-N-Out burger, was the best £3 burger I'd ever had for sure. Would be very respectable at £6-8. Loved the decor of the place, sort of an aged 50/60s vibe.

Had Umani in SF, which people had been raving about for a while. Had a normal sized truffle burger, and it was massive, significantly thicker than anything tier 1 in London. Maybe a bit too large. Brioche bun soaking in truffle oil worked well thou.

Someone has mentioned to me that the small burger at Five Guys is the equivalent to Shake Shacks burger, and that Five Guys standard burger is a double patty, if thats the true the pricing is quite similar between them

Yeah, but it turns their positions on their heads a bit. Shack Shack was 'upscale' fast food, and Five Guys was quick and dirty. It's a shame that the guy who brought Five Guys over completely missed the point of their approach.

If the states is anything to go by, that size comparison's not quite right - Shack Shack is definitely bigger than a 5G small hamburger. I hope they've brought the strawberry lemonade too.

We went to Meat Liquor on tuesday, got there around 3 i think it was and straight in - i say straight in as we walked past it trying to find the place!!

Anyway, Tracy didnt like the look of anything on the menu and was about to whine when he recalled i was to to sit (stand) through 5 hours of Olly Murs and Robbie Williams....

I had a Mushroom Swiss and it was great, cracking burger and so much better than anything i've had in Norwich - not that hard i guess but a cut above GBK that ive had several times going back several years, we just got a GBK in Norwich and my mates are raving about it so i propose a Burger day in London to try some others!

For some reason when i ordered the fries i ordered cheese fries and not chilli fries, no idea why but i think i was distracted by Tracy ordering just cheese fries and onion rings while sipping from her wine in a Jam Jar!!

All in all for a non local i was very impressed with the food and it didnt cost that much either, need to try a place that does something Tracy likes next time we are down as i can not see her wanting to head back!