Double Cheese Stack at the Admiral Codrington

Ari Gold at Patty & Bun

Also my faves so far:

5. Atomic Burger Chuck Norris

4. Mother Flipper Double Candy Flipper

3. Honest Burger

2. Lucky Chip Kevin Bacon

1. Admiral Codrington cheeseburger

I went to Duke's Brew and Cue recently, a relatively new rib place in Haggerston. I didn't have the burger but I saw other peoples and it looked great. Awsome selection of beers as well. The ribs themselves were pretty good, if a bit chewy, the sauce was great and the pulled portk sliders were brilliant. I didn't get a chance to try the beef ribs as they weren't ready but I heard other customers talking about them reverentially.

http://dukesjoint.com/

This has been on my list for ages, love their beavertown beers.

The Wenlock Sloppy Joe is a thing of beauty, in my top 3 for sure. I've got a bunch of 20% off vouchers ( food and drink ) for the wenlock which are valid mon - fri until september if anyone wants one.

The double cheese stack is probably number one on that list.

I was incredibly disappointed with the candy flipper I had last week after waiting so long to try one.

Burger Breakout could be worth a look

http://noshable.co.uk/

And some special burger thing is happening in september with the chef from wenlock and essex putting out this: "aged rump, black angus USDA chuck from Creekstone farms, rib, filet and some secret stuff!" and that's just the patty..

I really need to go back the the Codrington, I didn't rate the double stack at all.

It's a bit ridiculous how many burger places are opening these days. Well, maybe not ridiculous, but surprising. I certainly didn't see it coming. Not gonna complain!

This has been on my list for ages, love their beavertown beers.

The Wenlock Sloppy Joe is a thing of beauty, in my top 3 for sure. I've got a bunch of 20% off vouchers ( food and drink ) for the wenlock which are valid mon - fri until september if anyone wants one.

The double cheese stack is probably number one on that list.

I was incredibly disappointed with the candy flipper I had last week after waiting so long to try one.

Burger Breakout could be worth a look

http://noshable.co.uk/

And some special burger thing is happening in september with the chef from wenlock and essex putting out this: "aged rump, black angus USDA chuck from Creekstone farms, rib, filet and some secret stuff!" and that's just the patty..

In that Burger Breakout article, it references The Ship. If that's the Ship in Wandsworth, their burgers are beyond overrated.

If anyone wants to PM me their address I can pop a wenlock vip card in the post, unless you all want to meet for a burger in London soon? I'm away next week but the week after I'll be about.

Just to clarify, it's not a one off voucher, it's a card that gets you 20% off everything you order on weekdays until 1st september, I was lucky enough to be invited to their new menu launch a few weeks ago and the head chef gave me a stack of them to give out.

In that Burger Breakout article, it references The Ship. If that's the Ship in Wandsworth, their burgers are beyond overrated.

Ben's Canteen, also. I've noticed that place recently and wondered how it's surviving. Might have to pop in and see what it's all about.

Went to Byron in Oxford today, it was pretty good but nothing Earth shattering. It still lags behind; Atomic Burger, Ultimate Burger (in Hawaii), Blas Burgerworks (Cornwall) and In n Out.

when I went to pitt cue not long after they had opened I got the last table for two around six pm. Haven't been to meat liquor in a while but I heard it was still pretty hectic. I think you might need a backup!

I honestly wouldn't suggest Meatliquor at all. Pitt Cue is going to be mental unless you get there at 6pm you are looking at spending 30minutes in their tiny bar waiting, if you don't mind that you should be fine.

Your alternative options are Meat Market ( Covent Garden ) although the quality there is still pretty poor or the Pitt Cue trailer on the southbank ( no queue but nowhere to sit )

I would strongly suggest heading to Islington to eat at the Wenlock & Essex or if you need to be central then check out the Fatt Burger popup at The Sun and 13 Cantons, I haven't tried it myself but I have heard good things http://www.hot-dinners.com/Gastroblog/Latest-news/fattburger-kicks-off-residence-at-the-sun-a-13-cantons-pub-in-soho

Yeah I've heard a lot of reports that quality control at Meat Liquor/Market has gone down the shitter recently.

Last time I went to Pitt Cue Soho it was only like half six but it was still rammed. We were fucking knackered and didn't have the energy to squeeze in the bar for God knows how long, so we just went somewhere else instead.

I honestly wouldn't suggest Meatliquor at all. Pitt Cue is going to be mental unless you get there at 6pm you are looking at spending 30minutes in their tiny bar waiting, if you don't mind that you should be fine.

Your alternative options are Meat Market ( Covent Garden ) although the quality there is still pretty poor or the Pitt Cue trailer on the southbank ( no queue but nowhere to sit )

I would strongly suggest heading to Islington to eat at the Wenlock & Essex or if you need to be central then check out the Fatt Burger popup at The Sun and 13 Cantons, I haven't tried it myself but I have heard good things http://www.hot-dinne...ons-pub-in-soho

Yeah I've heard a lot of reports that quality control at Meat Liquor/Market has gone down the shitter recently.

Last time I went to Pitt Cue Soho it was only like half six but it was still rammed. We were fucking knackered and didn't have the energy to squeeze in the bar for God knows how long, so we just went somewhere else instead.

when I went to pitt cue not long after they had opened I got the last table for two around six pm. Haven't been to meat liquor in a while but I heard it was still pretty hectic. I think you might need a backup!

Ok, thanks a lot guys. I might try Pitt Cue but my friend will have been travelling all day, and is staying in Shoreditch so the Wenlock might actually be the best idea.

Booked a table at Dukes, but all reviews seem to be a bit mediocre so relucant to go.

Actually, seen a couple of mediocre reviews of lucky chip. Have you been, and is it better than the Wenlock? I don't mind travelling with my friend, he can probably expense the taxi.

Just want to have the nicest burger without the fucking queue.

It's a pub, you'll probably get a table on a Monday but I've never been on a weeknight evening.

It's nowhere near the levels of Pitt Cue or Meat Liquor, even on a Saturday afternoon you can walk in and grab a burger.

I think Wenlock is your best bet for quality and space to sit. Get the Sloppy Joe.