rubberducker

The Ultimate Burger

@Hellcock I'm having a pint with the guy who does the burgers at Brick Brewery and if you ask for the "rllmuk burger" (pronounced roll muck) on Wednesday he'll do you that massive double burger that I posted a picture of and that isn't on the menu any more.  Ten quid, but trust me it's worth it!

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, PK said:

@Hellcock I'm having a pint with the guy who does the burgers at Brick Brewery and if you ask for the "rllmuk burger" (pronounced roll muck) on Wednesday he'll do you that massive double burger that I posted a picture of and that isn't on the menu any more.  Ten quid, but trust me it's worth it!

You're an absolute legend!! 

I will be there at 5pm straight from the airport and you know that burger is getting owned. Swing by if you fancy it!

11 hours ago, Hellcock said:

I'm so excited for brick brewery tomorrow @PK

The bald one knows about the rllmuk burger.  I think.  As long as a) I didn't imagine it and b) he didn't get so pissed that he's forgotten it.  Might pop down with some mates, we're out in Peckham but not sure where yet!

The bald one knows about the rllmuk burger.  I think.  As long as a) I didn't imagine it and b) he didn't get so pissed that he's forgotten it.  Might pop down with some mates, we're out in Peckham but not sure where yet!

I hope he does because I've already told four friends about it! Heading down for 5. Had this for lunch today..

166e7ab3a44b04197514574f1c437fca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

:D Nice.  What's your verdict?  I think the crackling is unnecessary but everyone tells me I'm wrong. 

Sorry I didn't get in touch about meeting up for a game of Point Blank and a pint, ended up fairly mangled on Tuesday night so Wednesday was a write-off

Oh god they all look so amazing. Starving now wish had one right now.

anyone seen or purchased the massive burger Morrisons is doing? I have saw it on Facebook one person had bought it and it's HUGE!

was going to do an eat off with my brother in law and nephew! My brother in law would bet me though he's a machine! 

Oh I found it. Anyone gave this a try? Or going to would love to know if they were able to finish it in one sitting or set a time and if anyone else could beat it. 

Deffo a eat off is needed. 

IMG_1263.JPG

What's the point? These giant foods just take longer to cook and won't taste as good. A smaller burger made from freshly ground beef is going to taste better than that thing. 

• Upvote 4

I accidentally made veggie bug macs. 

Brioche bun with a teaspoon of hummus spread on the base. Two slices of burger shaped halloumi with a plastic cheese slice in between, topped with red slaw and ketchup and mustard. 

Might be my go to homemade burgers from now on. No chance of a rogue piece of gristle getting you down. 

• Upvote 1

I've been experimenting making burgers for a few months now.  I've started to move away from adding loads of ingredients to the patties (egg, breadcrumbs, shit loads of herbs etc) and have started to keep it simple with good quality steak mince; but of seasoning and some onion powder.   How do you make yours?

I generally just mix up 20% fat mince in a bowl with an egg and whatever spices take my fancy. Usually paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic.

Then I like to make big patties, fry them and add the cheese when they're flipped. Brioche bun, some sauce and job done.

I usually overseason though so I should really do one with just salt and pepper.