IGNORED

Exclusive Motorstorm 2 video and preview

Lippel

I played this until quite late last night,

Does anyone else find it awkward having the e-brake mapped to the circle? I'd really like to have it on square.

The graphics definitely do get a lot better, it's almost looks like a different game between the first tracks that i played and the ones I'm racing on now.

Rushy, I was a bit skeptical of this game at first - but I'm really enjoying it now! you guys have done a great job :lol:

I can't believe more people aren't talking about this game. It's really awesome!

It's a PS3 game so it isn't going to get much attention at RLLMUK. Try the thread at Neogaf. It's huge and plenty of people seem to be playing and enjoying Pacific Rift.

Has anyone seen mention of this game being patched for 1080i support?

I'm one of the great unwashed that owns a 480p/1080i telly so the PS3 will downscale 720p content to SD when higher resolutions aren't supported by the software (quite jarring after years of consistant 1080i lovelyness from my Xbox 360 - but that's another thread altogether)

I'm really enjoying the game but I can't help but feel I'm missing out a bit by playing it at a lower res

I wouldn't worry about it - I played through much of the game in SD and then in HD and you don't miss anything except for the sharpness. Mind you, it's always nice to have high res... but for MotorStorm I don't think it matters that much compared to a game like Fallout 3 (try switching back to SD from HD on that - argh, my eyes!).

£20 at Shopto.

Crazy. I almost feel duty bound to buy it at that price, and I'm really not a racing fan.

How's the rubberbanding in this? The latter stages of the original annoyed me so much that I gave up, having placed first in every preceding race.

It would make at least 28 other games million sellers and that ain't happening. This figure seems iffy to say the least.

The figure's worldwide, though. Not that I take the million at face value, as that's probably the number shipped as opposed to actually in consumer's hands. Not very news worthy in that case, but I'd guess that would mean that Sony have, or are close to, recouping development costs through sales to retail. (A lot of guess work going on here, obviously.)

I'm not invested in the game's sales; I don't even own it. I can see it doing rather well overall, though, as it's been getting good reviews and word of mouth and hopefully it'll continue to be advertised in 2009. I say "hopefully" as it's always sad to see a decent game sent out to die in the Christmas rush.