Aliens: Colonial Marines by Gearbox

BBBBBB

Well, I'm going to go against the crowd, and say that so far I've enjoyed playing it. I'm only 75 minutes in and I'm on a pc rather than a console, but up to this point I'd give it a reasonable 6 out of 10.

It's obviously not highly polished, and some bits are dated but it's been fun wandering round with a motion tracker, shooting things.

Imagine if the Sega bods who commisioned this were massive Alien fans which is why they let them keep pushing it back, and after 6 years this is all they have to show for it.

I'd be fucking furious if I were them, blatantly they have used the money to fund there own IP's....we've had a Brothers in Arms game, 2 Borderlands titles and the resurection of Puke Dukem in that timeframe.

Can't wait for Randy's justification of the pure shite than is colonic marines. The only real losers here are us, the gamers, who have waited years for a shit product that also damages the brand to the point we probably won't see another title for years. When people think of Aliens games all they will remember is the trainwreck that is ACM.

Yeah thanks a fucking lot Gearbox!

Feel bad for Sega, they got proper shafted by Gearbox! I hope they sue the buggers.

it could be down to some other factors such as Sega's producers not being stringent enough on Gearbox during milestone setup and approvals, or Fox meddling in the product via their own producers etc.

Haven't tried the campaign, but tried the multiplayer because some people are saying it's not that bad. They're lying, it rubbish. Imagine a really shit version of Left 4 Dead. No shitter than that. I'm not one of those who thought AvP was a hidden gem, it was deeply mediocre at best, but the MP in that pisses all over this. Even better just play Left 4 Dead.

At a guess: their PC-based vertical slice ran like arse on the consoles, so they cut back across the board to ensure they didn't have to light every environment twice.

I don't think it really matters. Mechanically the game still looked equally as uninspiring, so at least this way people aren't suckered in by pretty footage.

At a guess: their PC-based vertical slice ran like arse on the consoles, so they cut back across the board to ensure they didn't have to light every environment twice.

I don't think it really matters. Mechanically the game still looked equally as uninspiring, so at least this way people aren't suckered in by pretty footage.

The silly thing is: it seems like even Alien animations look better in that old demo, while their actual movement in the final game breaks most of the atmosphere for me.

Very, very strange. Good thing I have a talk with a Sega of Europe executive coming up.

I'm still annoyed that whenever there's an Aliens game it's the same old rubbish over and over. Lv-426. Yawn.

I've mentioned it before - make it Aliens: Hive and set you up as a bug clearing squad who visits different planets fighting against different Alien types. Done.

I'm still annoyed that whenever there's an Aliens game it's the same old rubbish over and over. Lv-426. Yawn.

I've mentioned it before - make it Aliens: Hive and set you up as a bug clearing squad who visits different planets fighting against different Alien types. Done.

I'd like a Colonial Marines game not necessarily focused entirely on the Geiger-esque aliens. They could expand quite heavily on the universe while still retaining the atmosphere of rowdy bravado leading to pant-shitting tension. Perhaps beginning levels could take you on just another bug-hunt to build character with your comrades, for example.

I'd like a Colonial Marines game not necessarily focused entirely on the Geiger-esque aliens. They could expand quite heavily on the universe while still retaining the atmosphere of rowdy bravado leading to pant-shitting tension. Perhaps beginning levels could take you on just another bug-hunt to build character with your comrades, for example.

The universe is bigger than just Aliens. And that the Aliens are massively different depending on their host.

For a SP story it should look at starting you off as a Rookie, and having you lead a squad and eventually take charge.

Anyway that won't happen. Can't wait for another LV-426 yeah!