dino_jr

Smashing Pumpkins

Yes. I saw the pricing and just thought "fuck off". I might have gone for a £77 standing ticket if it got me to the front, but not when the first third of the venue is closed off unless you pay an extra £35!

Well, whatever Billy is paying James and Jimmy is good value for money. I believe these two have managed to polish a turd.

• Downvote 1

I got a ticket too. I haven't got the stamina for standing tickets, so I got a club seat in area S8. It looks quite near the front on the seating plan. I hope Billy and James are going to at least act like they're into it. I'm really excited though, this is a once in a lifetime chance.

I hope they play Jellybelly, Here Is No Why, and Thru the Eyes of Ruby. Bonus points for Machina songs.

• Upvote 1

The setlist for current gigs isn't what I'd hoped from a reunion tour. Greatest hits aren't the same as best songs.

Screenshot_20180630-102542.png

Celebrating the first five albums but nothing from Adore? I think my list would be something like:

Rhinoceros

Daydream

Hummer

Rocket

Disarm

Here Is No Why

Thru the Eyes of Ruby

By Starlight

Perfect

Shame

The Sacred and Profane

Speed Kills

Stand Inside Your Love

Encore: Farewell and Goodnight (guest appearance by D'arcy :lol:)

On 22/06/2018 at 13:35, Thwomp said:

I got a ticket too. I haven't got the stamina for standing tickets, so I got a club seat in area S8. It looks quite near the front on the seating plan. I hope Billy and James are going to at least act like they're into it. I'm really excited though, this is a once in a lifetime chance.

I hope they play Jellybelly, Here Is No Why, and Thru the Eyes of Ruby. Bonus points for Machina songs.

Yeah, that’s pretty much the best spot to be sat. It’s where I was when I saw them there in 2000. You’re going to be as close as as anyone in the general admission standing if nothing else!

• Upvote 1

I of the Mourning should be on there and also Age of innocence. I saw them on the Machina tour and I of the Mourning was utterly brilliant live.

• Upvote 1

@Rockboy I know it's a controversial opinion, but Machina is my favourite album. It has vision and atmosphere, and I love all the extra little musical touches in the background: the pianos, those dreamy synths. I love everything about it.